Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always thought this was an Internet legend, I'd never actually seen anyone curl in the squat rack... until last Friday. A pencil thin newcomer and his training buddy did 1.5 hours of arm work including 20 mins of curling in the squat rack. Actually, I say arm work, from what I observed it was more of a whole body exercise.

geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) geer_matt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Well obvious hyperbole is obvious IMO there should be a degree of etiquette no matter where you are (gym, restaurant ect) regardless if you pay for something or not. The fact that anyone feels a sense of entitlement because they "pay" always baffles me. I pay to go to a baseball game, doesn't mean I get to run out on the field.

This is the standard I live by ,obviously others have their own standard.
    I totally agree. Most the people at my gym do adhere to the rules of gym etiquette. And while it may suck we do have to realize that at a public place like a gym like it or not as long as people are not being douche bags or being abusive to other members (like some of the obvious examples in this thread) and are not abusing the equipment we have to just wait sometimes.

I have to admit though that sometimes I get a little jacked up in the gym myself, and I will just walk away to cool off. I see so much stupid sh** at the gym all the time though that I am used to it and just shrug it off.
    Get your ass in the gym period!

Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serb404 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lunchbreak View Post
    I always thought this was an Internet legend, I'd never actually seen anyone curl in the squat rack... until last Friday. A pencil thin newcomer and his training buddy did 1.5 hours of arm work including 20 mins of curling in the squat rack. Actually, I say arm work, from what I observed it was more of a whole body exercise.
    Legs not even once

lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) lunchbreak is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Serb404 View Post
    Legs not even once
    I think the hamstrings and glutes got some work from all the leaning forward and back.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We should just treat curlers in the squat rack like walkers on the Walking Dead and shoot them in the head.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Original thread is original.
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ArchAngel'73 View Post
    We should just treat curlers in the squat rack like walkers on the Walking Dead and shoot them in the head.
    LMFAO!!!

That is a good idea!
    On the list for Bannukah

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    Why? Out of ALL the places to do this sh*t, benches, floor, etc.... why the rack? Why should someone that's squatting even have to ask to get in?
    It's just a piece or rather pieces of metal. It isn't sacred. Everyone pays their dues and waits their turn.

People do curls there because it's "easy". Easy to unload plates, easy to just walk up to the bar, etc.
    Yep and every rep counts. I'd rather pick up the bar off the catch than off the floor.

If the half rack isn't being used then I do BB curls off of it (we don't have a full cage). If someone wants to work in then he can be a big boy and ask. Hell, if I see someone standing around I'll ask them if they are waiting. No biggie, I can put it on the floor and then stage it off the pins while they're resting. The minute someone gets huffy and puffy and doesn't have the nerve to simply ask me then they can GTFO. I put my time in, I pay my dues, I even buy equipment for everyone to use.

2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by geer_matt View Post
    I totally agree. Most the people at my gym do adhere to the rules of gym etiquette. And while it may suck we do have to realize that at a public place like a gym like it or not as long as people are not being douche bags or being abusive to other members (like some of the obvious examples in this thread) and are not abusing the equipment we have to just wait sometimes.

I have to admit though that sometimes I get a little jacked up in the gym myself, and I will just walk away to cool off. I see so much stupid sh** at the gym all the time though that I am used to it and just shrug it off.

Only one thing really pisses me off at the gym and that's asshats who have to drop/throw the db's down. If you can't handle the weights properly then use a lighter one princess. And yes I have told numerous douchebags to not do that as it damages the weights and they don't own them, not once has anyone talked back and basically told me to go fuk myself.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tomorrow Im gonna do side bends in the squat rack, maybe even set the cones out to keep people away ,lol.

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by geer_matt View Post
    Since you asked why..
    1. Paying your gym dues allows you access to the equipment
    2. He said he does it when no one is around (I don't know why that would bother you)

I do them there too, so does everybody at my gym if the rack is open and they are using the oly bar for curls. Like I said earlier though, when I am doing that I keep an eye out for anyone that might be waiting for the rack if they are all full. I will ask them if they want to squat and if so, I move out. Otherwise why would it matter? Also our squat racks are the universal type. They have adjustable rings and handles on them, they have pull up bars on them too, and all the hooks and arms are adjustable, they also have fold up platforms built into them. People do tons of stuff in them other than squat. Its just the way it is.
    1. I'm not throwing anyone out of the damn rack, and in my gym there is actually a sign that keeps getting torn down that says no curling in the squat rack. Why? Because there is ONE place to squat in that gym and about 100 places to curl. As already stated by Jtbny, it amazes me the sense of entitlement paying your dues gives you. It's complete disregard of posted etiquette and a douchebag move.

2. I don't know why my opinion about his opinion bothers you so much? Let's just pretend that this is the 035 and these are the sort of pissing matches we loves so much.

Originally Posted by mslman71 View Post
    It's just a piece or rather pieces of metal. It isn't sacred. Everyone pays their dues and waits their turn.
    It is when it is the only pieces of equipment to do this exercise. (see jtbny''s and my comment about entitlement and etiquette).

Yep and every rep counts. I'd rather pick up the bar off the catch than off the floor.
    Please, you seriously think you're going to lose a rep lifting the bar off the catch on a bench, or the CURL RACK? Do you really think you're going to dump reps having to pick the bar off the floor? You're just disregarding common gym etiquette out of laziness.

If the half rack isn't being used then I do BB curls off of it (we don't have a full cage). If someone wants to work in then he can be a big boy and ask. Hell, if I see someone standing around I'll ask them if they are waiting. No biggie, I can put it on the floor and then stage it off the pins while they're resting. The minute someone gets huffy and puffy and doesn't have the nerve to simply ask me then they can GTFO. I put my time in, I pay my dues, I even buy equipment for everyone to use.
    Sure.... we can ask, and a lot of the curl monkeys happen to be douchebags. Sure some guys are cool about moving out, other times it involves a confrontation. Sometimes I don't mind getting into a pissing match over it, but I'm not always up for it.

I don't mind waiting for a piece of equipment... so this has never been an issue.

mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mslman71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please, you seriously think you're going to lose a rep lifting the bar off the catch on a bench, or the CURL RACK? Do you really think you're going to dump reps having to pick the bar off the floor? You're just disregarding common gym etiquette out of laziness.
    I don't think it. I know it, at least to be a possibility. Especially since I have to wrap up to do it (missing some tendons in right hand). While I've had less than enthusiastic workout sessions you can trust me when I say that my workout is not about laziness.

Sure.... we can ask, and a lot of the curl monkeys happen to be douchebags. Sure some guys are cool about moving out, other times it involves a confrontation. Sometimes I don't mind getting into a pissing match over it, but I'm not always up for it.

I don't mind waiting for a piece of equipment... so this has never been an issue.
    Yep, there are dickheads everywhere in every walk of life. Rather than summarily dismiss using a piece of equipment for anything other than its "intended purpose" on the possibility that the user is a jerk is more like gym political correctness than reasonable policy. I can only control my attitude. If you want to share a piece of equipment or have some other intention all you have to do is ask. I'm a pretty accommodating person in the gym since I'd like to think that others would be accommodating to me if I needed to use something. I'm not going to change my practices because someone else might not know that I'm that way and is too afraid to ask.
    2 + 2 = 5 (for extremely large values of 2)

Try SCE to AUX

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This topic always makes me rage, so I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut.
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000) trickyB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Every gym is different. Mine has a squat rack and cage. They r the two most underutilized pieces of equipment. If someone wanted to knock the cob webs off and do curls nobody would notice. That being said I do OHP all the time in the rack. I was the only person in the gym at 8pm last night when I did them.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squat racks at my gym are used, most of the time, for just that. I am blessed to go to a gym with pretty serious gym goers. It is a no frills hole in the wall? Plenty of weights, DBs, bars and benches. DBs go up to 200lbs. I have yet to see anyone use anything over 140.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Someone said I was "wasting" a squat rack when I had my client doing OHP. He said I could've just had him do seated dumbbell presses because it was "the same thing"

I told him:

1. It's not the same thing and that I don't have any of my clients do seated dumbbell presses.
    2. It's not a squat rack, it's a power cage designed to do other things besides squatting.
    3. Even if it WAS a squat rack and not a cage, I'd still do them

IMO there's absolutely NOTHING wrong OHP is a rack or a cage.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by trickyB View Post
    Every gym is different. Mine has a squat rack and cage. They r the two most underutilized pieces of equipment. If someone wanted to knock the cob webs off and do curls nobody would notice. That being said I do OHP all the time in the rack. I was the only person in the gym at 8pm last night when I did them.
    Same setup at my gym but they get a lot of use. I usually do OHPs in a rack for convenience, depends on what else is going on and who needs what. I can easily clean them instead if need be.

Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bushmaster has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by phikappa View Post
    This topic always makes me rage, so I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut.
    Did I ever tell you about the time I threw a tantrum at Planet Fitness?
    "Do you think SHE actually felt like that was a sexual thing he was doing? She's like 6. Only an actual p3do would think that she thought he was groping her, too."

"Not that it's impossible to touch a minor inappropriately, but it is true that a 6 year old girl will not recognize someone putting a hand on their chest as groping, whether it is inappropriate or not."

- Jayarbie

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=182007113&p=1671975503#post1671975503

trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250) trymarine has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've never been comfortable in big commercial gyms,although i did use them until about 20 years ago.The problem, in my opinion,was that there were two types of members,those that
    were serious about training and lifted serious weights,and those that just liked to tell people they worked out,although most of their gym time was spent in the sauna,or watching others
    train.The owners did'nt care what people did,so long as the fees were paid and they were turning a profit.Because i was using some pretty heavy poundage,i had to really concentrate,
    otherwise serious injury was possible.It may not bother some folk,but i could'nt bide some arsehole,who'd been standing talking to another arsehole for 15 or 20 minutes,suddenly take
    an interest when i started heavy squats,walk over to within a few feet of me and stare until i was pushing hard at the last couple of reps,then start trying to motivate me to squeeze
    out one more rep,"c'mon big man,c'mon give me one more". I really had to control my temper,otherwise i'd have dropped the weight and nutted them.
    More than once,when working in a nightclub,i've been told by the boss,to warn the same clowns they'll be ejected,if they don't roll their sleeves back down and stop arm wrestling!
    One day,i was doing some heavy seated shoulder presses,when this dude sits on the bench directly opposite me,about 6 feet away and starts eating an apple,whilst staring at me.
    That was it,i dropped the weight and told him in no uncertain terms,to fukk off.He scuttled off down the stairs,which was good,but not so good when i was leaving,as i was told by
    the receptionist,that i was no longer a member as i'd threatened the owners son..doh!
    Turns out to be a blessing in disguise,i built my own gym/garage,filled it with weights and machines,and have trained alone ever since.I just happen to be one of those people,who
    doesn't need motivaters,gym buddies,or music. I'm happiest with the sound of my gasping or grunting,and the clanging of the plates...maybe i'm just weird.

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did curls on the flat bench today.

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    1. I'm not throwing anyone out of the damn rack, and in my gym there is actually a sign that keeps getting torn down that says no curling in the squat rack. Why? Because there is ONE place to squat in that gym and about 100 places to curl. As already stated by Jtbny, it amazes me the sense of entitlement paying your dues gives you. It's complete disregard of posted etiquette and a douchebag move.
    EXACTLY! Sheesh. Nobody is saying you don't have the RIGHT to curl in a squat rack. You can do it, but doing so also makes you a complete and utter sh!tbag. I admit, this sh!t pisses me off more than it should ... I still get pissed thinking about one experience I had a couple of years ago. We had TWO squat racks, and a couple of dipsh!ts were working out together, doing curls with the SAME weight, and instead of sharing the same bar, they each had their own squat rack on which they were doing curls. It was an hour before closing, and I needed to get started on legs. I asked these morons if they could curl somewhere else or at least share the same bar because I needed to squat. Their response? They essentially gave me a Geer_Matt: "Hey, we pay dues too....we will be done in about 15 mins". I am not a violent person, but goddamn, I wanted to kick the living sh!t out of both of them right there on the spot.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There's a lot of bitchin' about curling in the squat rack. If you've got the bar loaded up with a couple of 45's, two quarters, and a pair of dimes...then curl away! I'll step back and wait my turn...patiently! Otherwise, curl somewhere else!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    Seriously man, I told her that if someone tried pulling that shxt w/me they'd get their ass kicked... She said "Thank you sonny." I told her to STFU and get out of the gym and do what grannies are supposed to do like knit scarves and bake pies and other kinda lame granny shxt.
    Best post I have read in BB since joining.

230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000) 230plus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mal1ce View Post
    I srsly cannot stand that sh*t.
    This is my standard shirt on leg day:

If some fool is in the rack doing curls I Burt stare him till he gets the message. Doesn't usually take long.
    Seriously?
    240 with abs...your worst nightmare.

HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HYMENATOR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My gym has a lot of stupid printed out signs everywhere. 'Don't pour drinks down the water fountain'. 'Toilets are cleaned regularly - leave them as you found them'. Definitely gonna sneak in my own 'NO CURLING IN THE DAMN SQUAT RACKS' sign and hang it proudly on the wall behind the rack.

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by HYMENATOR View Post
    My gym has a lot of stupid printed out signs everywhere. 'Don't pour drinks down the water fountain'. 'Toilets are cleaned regularly - leave them as you found them'. Definitely gonna sneak in my own 'NO CURLING IN THE DAMN SQUAT RACKS' sign and hang it proudly on the wall behind the rack.
    One of the gyms I go to has signs "If you are strong enough to pick the weights up, you are strong enough to put them away".
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    One of the gyms I go to has signs "If you are strong enough to pick the weights up, you are strong enough to put them away".
    Amen to that - it's one of my own favorite sayings. I am far more aggravated by boys who don't put away their toys (and it's almost always the boys, not the girls) than by someone who curls in the squat rack - as long as I or someone else is not waiting to squat in it. I'm sorry if someone on the other side of the country gets his panties in a knot by the the very idea that I might - when no one is around! - sometimes curl in the squat rack. All the more so since these are by and large people for whom I have a great respect both as bodybuilders and as people. The rack and cage are my favorite pieces of equipment, and the vast majority of time I use them to squat. But I also use the rack for BB rows since I don't like having to deadlift to get into position. I also use it for OVH presses and for clean & jerk. And SL deadlifts. I rarely curl there, and NEVER when someone might be waiting. I always ask if he or she is waiting for the rack - even though the cage is usually empty - and tell them I can always curl somewhere else. And if they are, I hand it over to them. And half the time they end up curling!

As long as i'm not stopping someone from using the rack for its designed purpose and as long as I'm not damaging it, then who really should give a phuck? I know I'm probably the weakest squatter in this thread - I hope it doesn't bother anyone that I occupy the rack to squat sissy weights and maybe make a much stronger man wait (though I do extend the offer to work in). But I'm trying to increase the weight! Really.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    Amen to that - it's one of my own favorite sayings. I am far more aggravated by boys who don't put away their toys (and it's almost always the boys, not the girls) than by someone who curls in the squat rack - as long as I or someone else is not waiting to squat in it. I'm sorry if someone on the other side of the country gets his panties in a knot by the the very idea that I might - when no one is around! - sometimes curl in the squat rack.
    Why direct this comment at Corbi and not me? My panties are just fine, I just think it's a jackass move to disregard some pretty common etiquette.

All the more so since these are by and large people for whom I have a great respect both as bodybuilders and as people. The rack and cage are my favorite pieces of equipment, and the vast majority of time I use them to squat. But I also use the rack for BB rows since I don't like having to deadlift to get into position. I also use it for OVH presses and for clean & jerk. And SL deadlifts. I rarely curl there, and NEVER when someone might be waiting. I always ask if he or she is waiting for the rack - even though the cage is usually empty - and tell them I can always curl somewhere else. And if they are, I hand it over to them. And half the time they end up curling!

As long as i'm not stopping someone from using the rack for its designed purpose and as long as I'm not damaging it, then who really should give a phuck? I know I'm probably the weakest squatter in this thread - I hope it doesn't bother anyone that I occupy the rack to squat sissy weights and maybe make a much stronger man wait (though I do extend the offer to work in). But I'm trying to increase the weight! Really.
    Obviously the multiple posts about etiquette and entitlement flew right over your head. You do whatever the phuck you want.... no one is stopping you. Though again.... it just sounds like you're too lazy to complete the lift from the floor.

Just out of curiosity... how retarded does someone have to be until the rack use is uncalled for? Push ups in the rack? How about dumbbell pull overs? What's the cut off? Srs.

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why direct this comment at Corbi and not me? My panties are just fine, I just think it's a jackass move to disregard some pretty common etiquette.
    Umm, I actually was referring to you, which pained me a great deal because you are one of the people here I respect the most and I did not want to get into a fight with you. I quoted Corbi simply to affirm the sign he mentioned. I figured it wasn't needed to quote you.

Obviously the multiple posts about etiquette and entitlement flew right over your head. You do whatever the phuck you want.... no one is stopping you. Though again.... it just sounds like you're too lazy to complete the lift from the floor.
    I'm guessing you won't be accepting my friend request any time soon....

Maybe I am lazy. I'm certainly not alone. How many people will get their weights ready on the rack for rows and how many will deadlift from the floor to get into place? But if it will make you happy, I will confine my occasional BB curls (I do that maybe every two weeks) to barbells taken from the benches.

I disagree with your remarks on etiquette. I'm quite conscious of the gym rules and etiquette and I don't feel I'm being a jerk. My gym has no signs admonishing curling in the rack, nor have any trainers complained. Indeed, our racks are relatively underutilized compared to the benches. There are signs prohibiting cell-phones on the weight floor - regularly ignored by young and old; signs asking us to put back the weights - regularly ignored, mostly by the young men/boys; and signs asking us not to drop the weights - ignored by those strong enough to press 120-lb DBs but not strong enough to lower them down without letting the entire gym know about it.

I follow my gym's rules - I honestly don't think I give anybody any reason for complaint. I think the teenage trios who spend more time chatting and texting than lifting are a much bigger impediment than I am.

What is your opinion of people who use the squat machine or leg press to work calves, for example?

Just out of curiosity... how retarded does someone have to be until the rack use is uncalled for? Push ups in the rack? How about dumbbell pull overs? What's the cut off? Srs.
    Yes, it does become ridiculous at some point. But I suppose that as long as that person is not in the way of someone who wants to use the equipment for its intended purpose, damaging the equipment, or endangering himself or others, then I'd say he's more the target of ridicule, eye-rolling, and can-you-believe-it posts here than worth wasting actual outrage on.

I do appreciate the outrage when you want to use the rack and someone is there doing dipsh*t. I left my old gym because it had no rack.

Now there went half an hour I wish I had spent in the rack. Squatting, of course. Which I would have done, but I'm in Germany this week and my gym here is closed this week while they relocate

And after all is said and done, I will still think ACC is over-reacting and he will still think I am self-centered, overly entitled jackass. Sigh.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine