halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Replacing hammer strength machine press

My gym doesnt have this machine and was wondering what I could sub it with. I'm doing the PHAT routine and I already do DB chest press; can I replace the hammer strength chest press with a barbell bench press?

Or are there other alternatives? The rep range is 12-15 for this exercise as per the program.

Thanks!

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by halisray View Post
    My gym doesnt have this machine and was wondering what I could sub it with. I'm doing the PHAT routine and I already do DB chest press; can I replace the hammer strength chest press with a barbell bench press?

Or are there other alternatives? The rep range is 12-15 for this exercise as per the program.

Thanks!
    DB Chest Press, Floor Press or whatever It's just a chest press machine. Can be replaced with any pec dominant movement.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's a unilateral movement so BB isn't a direct replacement, but since you are already performing DB presses BB will suffice.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10) halisray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Layne stated to do a rep range of 12-15 reps for 2 sets on this hammer strength press. Can I do the same for bench press?

Thanks for all the help! Repped

Registered User miamibodybuilder's Avatar
    miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000) miamibodybuilder is just really nice. (+1000)
    well in my opinion the hammer strength machines are meant to simulate db's without having to balance. so i would replace it with db presses if it was me. although the barbell is a good option as well i just dont like the barbell presses too much cause they put a lot of strain on my shoulders and wrists. so i'd always choose db's over barbells, but thats just me.
    NGA Natural bodybuilder
    AAEFX Board Rep
    Team Natural Freak

plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10) plantplant is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by halisray View Post

Thanks!
    Currently doing PHAT and I don't use the machine press, instead I use BB at the moment. You'll be fine, any chest exercise will suffice. Don't follow the program word for word and switch things up when necessary.