Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100)

Exclamation My take on keto, giving back, answering questions, and a little advertisment

I discovered Keto from these very forums this time last year and wow has it changed alot, its the only diet to date i can cut on and boy do i love the benefits.

Im currently 105kg at 14% Bodyfat and have just re-entered ketosis for the first time since july, if anyone is debating if they should try it or not i highly recommend it. The first 10days are torture but once the body becomes adapted the energy, focus, drive and fat loss are all amazing. Im looking to get to 8% bodyfat this time round and maintain my heavy lifts, i will be updating you all and posting pictures.

Since Keto has been so kind to me i will answer ANY question on the diet, my experience, recipes, how to get around difficulties and alike.

Also i have started to construct a guide to maintaining a Lean&Healthy lifestyle over on the fat loss board i will be constructing more of it everyday go check it out its in my sig

Ask away and get used to me posting around here!

kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Harzoo View Post
    I discovered Keto from these very forums this time last year and wow has it changed alot, its the only diet to date i can cut on and boy do i love the benefits.

Im currently 105kg at 14% Bodyfat and have just re-entered ketosis for the first time since july, if anyone is debating if they should try it or not i highly recommend it. The first 10days are torture but once the body becomes adapted the energy, focus, drive and fat loss are all amazing. Im looking to get to 8% bodyfat this time round and maintain my heavy lifts, i will be updating you all and posting pictures.

Since Keto has been so kind to me i will answer ANY question on the diet, my experience, recipes, how to get around difficulties and alike.

Also i have started to construct a guide to maintaining a Lean&Healthy lifestyle over on the fat loss board i will be constructing more of it everyday go check it out its in my sig

Ask away and get used to me posting around here!
    Hey man I'm really happy it worked for you. I've been doing alot of research and decided to give it a try. What do you think of this meal plan

Breakfast
    4-Strips Turkey Bacon
    4-whole eggs scrambled w/1 slice cheese

Snack 1
    Almonds (20 count)

Lunch
    2 cup Spinach
    1-canned tuna w/oil (drained)
    1 Tbsp Mayo
    2-slice Avacado
    1-tsp Virgin Olive Oil

Snack 2
    Beef Patty w/ 1 slice cheese
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese

Dinner
    Ground Beef (1 patty worth) w/1 slice cheese
    Spinach
    Cavendars (seasoning)
    1-Tbsp Mayo

Fitday shows it at 65%/30%/5% which from what I gathered is perfect. Im 29 years old 199lbs around 22% BF. I'm looking to cut obviously, so if Fitday recommends calorie intake of 2200 what do you think would be the "magic" number to shoot for first 1700?

Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100) Harzoo is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by kiloh View Post
    Hey man I'm really happy it worked for you. I've been doing alot of research and decided to give it a try. What do you think of this meal plan

Breakfast
    4-Strips Turkey Bacon
    4-whole eggs scrambled w/1 slice cheese

Snack 1
    Almonds (20 count)

Lunch
    2 cup Spinach
    1-canned tuna w/oil (drained)
    1 Tbsp Mayo
    2-slice Avacado
    1-tsp Virgin Olive Oil

Snack 2
    Beef Patty w/ 1 slice cheese
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese

Dinner
    Ground Beef (1 patty worth) w/1 slice cheese
    Spinach
    Cavendars (seasoning)
    1-Tbsp Mayo

Fitday shows it at 65%/30%/5% which from what I gathered is perfect. Im 29 years old 199lbs around 22% BF. I'm looking to cut obviously, so if Fitday recommends calorie intake of 2200 what do you think would be the "magic" number to shoot for first 1700?
    Wow thats a nice meal plan, ALOT better then mine, mine was quite poor and still got me to 10% BF first time round, tbh due to me weight training 6x a week and cardio 3x a week i dont really count calories because of the amount of energy i burn plus i don't really halt in terms of fat loss i get nice consistent fat loss, but each to their own. Your meal plan and food selection is great, however i would be inclined to say add more almonds and eggs i find they are king for keto since they have very good fats (in terms of health, testosterone, energy levels etc) and are also whole foods, cut a little bit of cheese out if you can to make room for eggs and almonds. Also for the first two/ three weeks dont count calories just try and keep carbs under 25grams and try and keep on top of your training, let your body adapt you will be feeling crappy at times, once you feel adapted go for another 10days then carb up. You will know when you will feel adapted most people note they wake up on a different level in terms of focus and energy you will also be burning fat physically at this stage faster then before.

Once you feel adapted dont jump up and go yay i can carb up now, no stay in that state you will be a fat burning machine also your cravings should drop, i wouldn't carb up unless you have been in ketosis for 21days, now for carbing up as your 199lbs i would recommend around 500grams of carbs and 200grams of protein now you can carb-up over 24hours,36 or 48. if your doing 36/48 you will need more then 500/200 carbs and protein over these hours, i would say 36hours 700grams of carbs and 300 grams of protein (over 36hours obviously) and for 48 850grams of carbs and 450 grams of protein. I would say do 24hours for your first go, also get the carbs from anywhere you like if you happy with your fat loss dont restrict your self keep fat below 100grams for the day and try and get as many carbs as possible. I recommend on the day of your carb-up you eat high protein low carb low fat meals all day, then 50grams of starchy carbs 2 hours before your workout then straight after your workout try and get 100-150grams of carbs in and also train a muscle group you would love to see nice and full. After your initial 3 weeks and carb up go straight back to your keto diet before, but 3 days after the finished carb up weigh yourself and generate a new BMR then subtract 400 from that and cut at them calories. ENJOY!

kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50) kiloh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow thats a nice meal plan, ALOT better then mine, mine was quite poor and still got me to 10% BF first time round, tbh due to me weight training 6x a week and cardio 3x a week i dont really count calories because of the amount of energy i burn plus i don't really halt in terms of fat loss i get nice consistent fat loss, but each to their own. Your meal plan and food selection is great, however i would be inclined to say add more almonds and eggs i find they are king for keto since they have very good fats (in terms of health, testosterone, energy levels etc) and are also whole foods, cut a little bit of cheese out if you can to make room for eggs and almonds. Also for the first two/ three weeks dont count calories just try and keep carbs under 25grams and try and keep on top of your training, let your body adapt you will be feeling crappy at times, once you feel adapted go for another 10days then carb up. You will know when you will feel adapted most people note they wake up on a different level in terms of focus and energy you will also be burning fat physically at this stage faster then before.

Once you feel adapted dont jump up and go yay i can carb up now, no stay in that state you will be a fat burning machine also your cravings should drop, i wouldn't carb up unless you have been in ketosis for 21days, now for carbing up as your 199lbs i would recommend around 500grams of carbs and 200grams of protein now you can carb-up over 24hours,36 or 48. if your doing 36/48 you will need more then 500/200 carbs and protein over these hours, i would say 36hours 700grams of carbs and 300 grams of protein (over 36hours obviously) and for 48 850grams of carbs and 450 grams of protein. I would say do 24hours for your first go, also get the carbs from anywhere you like if you happy with your fat loss dont restrict your self keep fat below 100grams for the day and try and get as many carbs as possible. I recommend on the day of your carb-up you eat high protein low carb low fat meals all day, then 50grams of starchy carbs 2 hours before your workout then straight after your workout try and get 100-150grams of carbs in and also train a muscle group you would love to see nice and full. After your initial 3 weeks and carb up go straight back to your keto diet before, but 3 days after the finished carb up weigh yourself and generate a new BMR then subtract 400 from that and cut at them calories. ENJOY!
    Wow thanks alot for the input man. I will def take into consideration adding some more almonds in place of cheese. Going tommorow morning for some ketostix and some coconut oil which I will also add into it "sparingly". Another question I have is why do you carb up? Does it reset everything or what? Why not just go keto until your at 6% BF? Just curious as I'm not as educated on the matter as you. Also why is it with a keto diet people consume fats? Why can't they just consume lean proteins? Does the heavy fat added to the diet encourage the body in utilizing FFAs? Thanks again for all your help.

+repped

Originally Posted by kiloh View Post
    Wow thanks alot for the input man. I will def take into consideration adding some more almonds in place of cheese. Going tommorow morning for some ketostix and some coconut oil which I will also add into it "sparingly". Another question I have is why do you carb up? Does it reset everything or what? Why not just go keto until your at 6% BF? Just curious as I'm not as educated on the matter as you. Also why is it with a keto diet people consume fats? Why can't they just consume lean proteins? Does the heavy fat added to the diet encourage the body in utilizing FFAs? Thanks again for all your help.

+repped
    No worries man, I have never used ketostix since I get a very metallic fruity taste in my mouth and my urine smells like a fruit salad so I use that as a measure of ketosis, good stuff man don't go over the top with the coco oil, a quick lesson for you leptin is the king of fat burning hormones I won't go into why but when leptin is high you will be shredding fat, as you cut and maintain a deficit leptin drops to prevent fat loss, your body wants to maintain everything it has due to homeostasis, so the longer you remain in a deficit the lower leptin drops, after two weeks your leptin will have sunk quite a bit, a carbup (or in my case carbacide) spikes leptin sky high again for a good while, so you yoyo your leptin levels In theory by carbing keeping it high burning through your fat. You eat alot of fat because it gets your body used to/adapted to burning fat as a primary energy source, the fat intake is also what separates keto and the Atkins diet. I need to go for a while now but ill be back tomorrow answering all questions and carrying on about leptin/fat intake where I left off

MosesTheGod has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What can you tell me about the Carb Up? I know that during Keto it's 60/35/5 for Fat/Protein/Carbs, but whats the ratio for your Carb Up?

I haven't had pizza or junk food in so long. I had 3 cookies for the first time in months today, and I felt bad.

I've been on Keto for over 2 weeks now, and I should be doing a carb up now, but I plan to do it next Monday (gonna do 3 weeks). I really want the $10 Dinner Box from Pizza Hut and just kill all that delicious food, but is it bad?

I also want to get a whole bunch of pasta, chicken, and some junk food. I love cinnamon rolls, and I haven't had that in so long either.

I don't want my carb load to ruin my diet so far.. please help? :/

Originally Posted by MosesTheGod View Post
    What can you tell me about the Carb Up? I know that during Keto it's 60/35/5 for Fat/Protein/Carbs, but whats the ratio for your Carb Up?

I haven't had pizza or junk food in so long. I had 3 cookies for the first time in months today, and I felt bad.

I've been on Keto for over 2 weeks now, and I should be doing a carb up now, but I plan to do it next Monday (gonna do 3 weeks). I really want the $10 Dinner Box from Pizza Hut and just kill all that delicious food, but is it bad?

I also want to get a whole bunch of pasta, chicken, and some junk food. I love cinnamon rolls, and I haven't had that in so long either.

Sup buddy, first things first bro calm down... Lets say you plan to carb up on week 3 on say Monday and lets also assume you go way overboard and eat 4000calories in the ratio of 900 grams of carbs 300grams of fats and 100 grams of protein (these are very rough numbers i don't know if they all add up to 4000calories but it doesn't matter) you would be taking a step back in terms of your diet and fat loss yes, but the net affect would be three steps forward due to the spike in metabolism and leptin (King of fat burning hormones) which will last several days. You said you have been on keto for 2 weeks now, i don't want to bust your balls but you shouldn't of had them cookies they may have kicked you out of ketosis unless you were carbing up, but dont sweat it you will properly of reentered ketosis the same day so you will have stalled your fat loss say 15% for that day which ofc isn't very much.

Carbing up next monday is fine brother, but make sure you don't cheat again until then no cookies no nothing until monday, and make sure you train each bodypart before then (shoulder,back,chest,legs,arms obviously on separate days to each other). The bad feeling you said you got from eating the cookie was that from guilt or did you feel sluggish? It is common to feel sluggish and like a pile of crap upon first eating carbs again and is one of the reasons its recommend you eat a small portion of carbs 2 hours before your pre carb-up workout, if you were to just suddenly eat 150grams of carbs in one sitting after 3 weeks of being in ketosis you would feel horrendous and end up napping (in my experience).

The best ratio i have found for carbing up is 70% carbs 20% protein and 10% fat, also don't sweat it if you are in a calorie surplus for the day, i end up being in a 1000+calorie surplus when i carb up and a few days later i look leaner then before. It also sounds asif you are craving junk food real bad, you don't have to stay strict on your carbup day if you want to eat a ton of junk food high in fat then do it you wont undo much progress and in terms of net fat loss for that specific weak you will still be leaner then before. In other words indulge till the point where you are content and satisfied or even over-satisfied and happy, but of course don't overdo it too much. Have a blast bro! I have at least 12 days to go before my carb up but you need to shut out the thoughts or your will power drops

S7N has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Harzoo,

Firstly let me say thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, with out your support along with the other great members here who give great advice I would of probably quit already!

I started Keto Jan 2nd and have been very good in the terms of not breaking the diet. I had my first Carb up 2 weeks into the diet as suggested by many and was and have been keeping to my macros the best I can!
    Obviously I had all the usual effect the first 10-12 days, feeling tired, no energy, smelly breath horrible taste etc but got over that and well TBH feel great most of the time!

My problem is now, I really feel that the last 3 weeks have been very poor in terms of progress, leaving me to think the only weight loss has been mainly water, tbh I feel I should be a lot further than I am at this stage.

I have altered the diet as I went along bringing down cals to 1800 (6.2" , 196.6lbs, 17%bf, Train x4 days ) but still feel I'm nit getting to where I should be, so therefore I am clearly doing something wrong!

The only thing I can put it down to is the Carb up, This I guess I have not been so strict with unlike the weekly macros... Beer has been very low to nothing!

This week I am adding 15 -20 mins cardio, low intensity, along with some fat burning tablets but when fat loss slows down considerably its hard to keep on track. I have just purchased a new bike to with the intentions to try get out racing of the weekends covering up to 30-50 miles during the weekend.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/7SIN

Originally Posted by S7N View Post
    Hey Harzoo,

Firstly let me say thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, with out your support along with the other great members here who give great advice I would of probably quit already!

I started Keto Jan 2nd and have been very good in the terms of not breaking the diet. I had my first Carb up 2 weeks into the diet as suggested by many and was and have been keeping to my macros the best I can!
    Obviously I had all the usual effect the first 10-12 days, feeling tired, no energy, smelly breath horrible taste etc but got over that and well TBH feel great most of the time!

My problem is now, I really feel that the last 3 weeks have been very poor in terms of progress, leaving me to think the only weight loss has been mainly water, tbh I feel I should be a lot further than I am at this stage.

I have altered the diet as I went along bringing down cals to 1800 (6.2" , 196.6lbs, 17%bf, Train x4 days ) but still feel I'm nit getting to where I should be, so therefore I am clearly doing something wrong!

The only thing I can put it down to is the Carb up, This I guess I have not been so strict with unlike the weekly macros... Beer has been very low to nothing!

This week I am adding 15 -20 mins cardio, low intensity, along with some fat burning tablets but when fat loss slows down considerably its hard to keep on track. I have just purchased a new bike to with the intentions to try get out racing of the weekends covering up to 30-50 miles during the weekend.
    No worries brother, your problem sounds like fat loss is stalling. Google a TDEE calculator and input your details it will tell you how many calories you expend per day now subtract 700, yes 700 from this number and aim for that number. Don't forget as you lose weight you burn less calories per day so if you lose 20lbs in 10weeks but eat the same calories for the whole 10weeks your fat loss is bound to end.

I would also suggest carbing up just once a month which i know is no easy task but in your situation should benefit you greatly, also make sure you are lifting heavy and supplementing with Omega-3 and caffeine! Good luck!

Hey,

I did it on fitness frog and it come in at like 3140 which then minus my 700 is 2440... does that sound about right? I must say when I did my one earlier on the keto chart it did say I should eat no less than 2100 @ 60/35/5 ( currently eating 1800 or below )

no carb up for a month i could give it a go, things get tougher then lol

Also the caffine please give an example?

If I carb up once a month how do i restore glycogen?
    Last edited by S7N; 02-18-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Sup buddy, first things first bro calm down... Lets say you plan to carb up on week 3 on say Monday and lets also assume you go way overboard and eat 4000calories in the ratio of 900 grams of carbs 300grams of fats and 100 grams of protein (these are very rough numbers i don't know if they all add up to 4000calories but it doesn't matter) you would be taking a step back in terms of your diet and fat loss yes, but the net affect would be three steps forward due to the spike in metabolism and leptin (King of fat burning hormones) which will last several days. You said you have been on keto for 2 weeks now, i don't want to bust your balls but you shouldn't of had them cookies they may have kicked you out of ketosis unless you were carbing up, but dont sweat it you will properly of reentered ketosis the same day so you will have stalled your fat loss say 15% for that day which ofc isn't very much.

Carbing up next monday is fine brother, but make sure you don't cheat again until then no cookies no nothing until monday, and make sure you train each bodypart before then (shoulder,back,chest,legs,arms obviously on separate days to each other). The bad feeling you said you got from eating the cookie was that from guilt or did you feel sluggish? It is common to feel sluggish and like a pile of crap upon first eating carbs again and is one of the reasons its recommend you eat a small portion of carbs 2 hours before your pre carb-up workout, if you were to just suddenly eat 150grams of carbs in one sitting after 3 weeks of being in ketosis you would feel horrendous and end up napping (in my experience).

The best ratio i have found for carbing up is 70% carbs 20% protein and 10% fat, also don't sweat it if you are in a calorie surplus for the day, i end up being in a 1000+calorie surplus when i carb up and a few days later i look leaner then before. It also sounds asif you are craving junk food real bad, you don't have to stay strict on your carbup day if you want to eat a ton of junk food high in fat then do it you wont undo much progress and in terms of net fat loss for that specific weak you will still be leaner then before. In other words indulge till the point where you are content and satisfied or even over-satisfied and happy, but of course don't overdo it too much. Have a blast bro! I have at least 12 days to go before my carb up but you need to shut out the thoughts or your will power drops
    Someone said that for my carb up, I should do 10g for every kg, and it ends up being about 700g of carbs, which is 2800 calories.

So would your 70/20/10 ratio count towards grams or calories?

If it's grams, I'm looking at 700g Carbs, 200g Protein, 100g Fat, for a total of 4,500 calories.
    If it's calories, I'm looking at 2,800c Carbs, 800c Protein, 400c Fat, for a total of 4,000 calories.

I'm assuming that I gotta do it the grams way, right? If that's the case, this is what I plan to eat:

1/2 box of Kashi Protein Cereal: 16g Fat, 98g Carbs, 32g Protein
    4 cups of 2% Milk: 20g Fat, 48g Carbs, 32g Protein

Chicken Pasta: 12g Fat, 252g Carbs, 94g Protein

Chipotle Burrito: 55g Fat, 137g Carbs, 67g Protein or 2 Cantina Steak Burritos from Taco Bell: 56g Fat, 196g Carbs, 66g Protein.

Total: 103g Fat, 535g Carbs, 225g Protein

My carbs isn't high enough, but the stuff I look at, the fat is high, so I dunno what exactly to eat during the Carb Load.

The example I have above is just 3 meals (doing IF also).

Any advice on what to eat?
    Last edited by MosesTheGod; 02-19-2013 at 04:02 AM.

There is no reason to not less then 2100, otherthen you may experience muscle loss, 3140 sounds right for your stats.
    Also are you sure your eating 1800? Is there any chance you are miscalculating, if not go with my advice.
    A month sounds horrible but after the initial bump and hardwork it will become a habit and get alot easier, it will only result in more fat loss just think about the body you wish to achieve and much more confident you will be as you lose weight. Your body is the only place you have to live and the only thing you show people 24/7 would you not want it to look amazing and be in supreme health? Treat your body like art if you wish to achieve your goals it deserves only the best.

In terms of caffeine i would supplement with 100-400mg a day, you can buy caffeine pills extremely cheap or get it through coffee (but watch out for hidden carbs/sugars)
    You wont restore it you don't need to, some people do keto there whole lives and they still progress physically.
    Hope this helps

Someone said that for my carb up, I should do 10g for every kg, and it ends up being about 700g of carbs, which is 2800 calories.

So would your 70/20/10 ratio count towards grams or calories?

If it's grams, I'm looking at 700g Carbs, 200g Protein, 100g Fat, for a total of 4,500 calories.
    If it's calories, I'm looking at 2,800c Carbs, 800c Protein, 400c Fat, for a total of 4,000 calories.

I'm assuming that I gotta do it the grams way, right? If that's the case, this is what I plan to eat:

1/2 box of Kashi Protein Cereal: 16g Fat, 98g Carbs, 32g Protein
    4 cups of 2% Milk: 20g Fat, 48g Carbs, 32g Protein

Chicken Pasta: 12g Fat, 252g Carbs, 94g Protein

Chipotle Burrito: 55g Fat, 137g Carbs, 67g Protein or 2 Cantina Steak Burritos from Taco Bell: 56g Fat, 196g Carbs, 66g Protein.

Total: 103g Fat, 535g Carbs, 225g Protein

My carbs isn't high enough, but the stuff I look at, the fat is high, so I dunno what exactly to eat during the Carb Load.

The example I have above is just 3 meals (doing IF also).

Any advice on what to eat?
    This is the correct one.

You kinda answered your own question, your carbs are too low your fats are too high, you need to change what your planning to eat, you need at least another 170grams of carbs. Dont worry about going over board with the carbs or protein but try to monitor the fat. Even if you had 200grams of fat and 7000calories on the day a week later you would be much better of in terms of fat loss then if you never carbed up at all trust me, but obviously not as well off as if you did the carb-up correctly.

Best wishes

This is the correct one.

You kinda answered your own question, your carbs are too low your fats are too high, you need to change what your planning to eat, you need at least another 170grams of carbs. Dont worry about going over board with the carbs or protein but try to monitor the fat. Even if you had 200grams of fat and 7000calories on the day a week later you would be much better of in terms of fat loss then if you never carbed up at all trust me, but obviously not as well off as if you did the carb-up correctly.

Best wishes
    I'll try to tweak it again. If I get the remaining carbs from liquids, is that ok?

Thinkin of trying the Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell.

^63g of Carbs right there, no extra fat or protein. I can do 2 more of these, and drink like Gatorade for the rest of my carbs. Does that work?

I'll try to tweak it again. If I get the remaining carbs from liquids, is that ok?

Thinkin of trying the Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze from Taco Bell.

^63g of Carbs right there, no extra fat or protein. I can do 2 more of these, and drink like Gatorade for the rest of my carbs. Does that work?
    Liquid carbs are great on a carb up

Also one person negged me due to one little mistake in my cutting write up which is anoyying as im now red

k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10) k3n12ock is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Only on 3rd week and already carb up?
    My Keto Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149423413

Bump

Originally Posted by k3n12ock View Post
    Only on 3rd week and already carb up?
    How long should I be on keto before carbing up then? a month?!

How long should I be on keto before carbing up then? a month?!
    I have never been longer then 2weeks without a carb-up including my induction phase, shredded nice with it each time

Repped

Had a carb up today and tried to eat what i would in 48hours in 24, and wow do i feel awful hopefully its worth it. For me theirs no doubt that keto has unmatchable physical and mental energy

brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50) brickcity63 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Had a carb up today and tried to eat what i would in 48hours in 24, and wow do i feel awful hopefully its worth it. For me theirs no doubt that keto has unmatchable physical and mental energy
    Hey Harzoo. I'm new around here and I really like what you're doing with this thread. Very nice of you. Just thought I'd let you know that it is greatly appreciated.

I'm 21 years old, 5'9", 178 lbs and decided to go on a diet to lose some weight, so somebody recommended Keto. I started today. I was told I should be eating 1500 calories per day along with the normal Keto macros.. but I have a question about carb ups. Since I don't go to the gym or do much working out at all at home, should I have a carb up day at all? I just want to get down to like 155 or somewhere around there.

Thanks.

Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey Harzoo

On Carb up, does one still stick to 1g of protein per pound of LBM? In my case I'm eating around 2200 calories, as I'm around 200lb and according to a DEXA scan 160lb LBM. Hence my macros are 160p/25c/150f.

If so, this would mean 160g of protein would make up 20% of my calories (3200) for my carb up, and 560g of carbs (70% of calories)? Have I got this right?

On day 9 so far. Carb up on day 14 or day 21? I wasn't quite clear based on your previous answers.

I'm planning on taking this carb up pretty easy and going with cleaner carbs rather than bee-lining it to the nearest pizza shop. Could I get away with doing a 12 hour carb up instead?

Thanks for your help.
    He who is saved, is the one who saves himself.

Originally Posted by brickcity63 View Post
    Hey Harzoo. I'm new around here and I really like what you're doing with this thread. Very nice of you. Just thought I'd let you know that it is greatly appreciated.

I'm 21 years old, 5'9", 178 lbs and decided to go on a diet to lose some weight, so somebody recommended Keto. I started today. I was told I should be eating 1500 calories per day along with the normal Keto macros.. but I have a question about carb ups. Since I don't go to the gym or do much working out at all at home, should I have a carb up day at all? I just want to get down to like 155 or somewhere around there.

Thanks.
    Thanks brah! Yes you still need to carb up, despite its muscle filling properties its greatest benefit is on your metabolism. It boosts alot of fat burning hormone from your thyroid levels to your digestive enzymes. Make sure you carb up but subtract maybe 50-150grams of carbs from whats suggested due to your inactive exercise regime. Enjoy!

[QUOTE=Harzoo;1031638793]Thanks brah! Yes you still need to carb up, despite its muscle filling properties its greatest benefit is on your metabolism. It boosts alot of fat burning hormone from your thyroid levels to your digestive enzymes. Make sure you carb up but subtract maybe 50-150grams of carbs from whats suggested due to your inactive exercise regime. Enjoy![/QUOTE

Also you said you were told your calories should be 1500, work it out to be sure google TDEE calculator input your details and subtract 500 and they are your calories needed to lose weight

Originally Posted by Joecool5150 View Post
    Hey Harzoo

On Carb up, does one still stick to 1g of protein per pound of LBM? In my case I'm eating around 2200 calories, as I'm around 200lb and according to a DEXA scan 160lb LBM. Hence my macros are 160p/25c/150f.

If so, this would mean 160g of protein would make up 20% of my calories (3200) for my carb up, and 560g of carbs (70% of calories)? Have I got this right?

On day 9 so far. Carb up on day 14 or day 21? I wasn't quite clear based on your previous answers.

I'm planning on taking this carb up pretty easy and going with cleaner carbs rather than bee-lining it to the nearest pizza shop. Could I get away with doing a 12 hour carb up instead?

Thanks for your help.
    YoYo, most advise 1g per LBM yes but i had around 90grams on my last carb up and my LBM is 200+ and i looked juicy, veiny and full so i doubt it matters too much since the goal is glycogen refill. 560g looks about right, id go for 600 though 160LB is a decent amount believe me, 600 would be optimum. Id go for day 21, and so rather dirty tbh and maybe taper to cleaner sources towards the end. 12 hours is too short, the carb up is benefiting your fat loss believe me dont try and hinder it. Good luck

Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joecool5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    YoYo, most advise 1g per LBM yes but i had around 90grams on my last carb up and my LBM is 200+ and i looked juicy, veiny and full so i doubt it matters too much since the goal is glycogen refill. 560g looks about right, id go for 600 though 160LB is a decent amount believe me, 600 would be optimum. Id go for day 21, and so rather dirty tbh and maybe taper to cleaner sources towards the end. 12 hours is too short, the carb up is benefiting your fat loss believe me dont try and hinder it. Good luck
    Thanks for the reply, Harzoo.

Another question. I normally workout 6 days a week. I also have a soccer game on Saturdays, which I don't want to do my carb up on, as I don't want to feel sluggish from the carbs, hence I'm thinking about doing the carb up from either saturday night (after I'm all drained from the soccer game - I burn around 1000-1200 cals), or Sunday.

How do you suggest I go about this carb up? And what foods do you suggest I go for? Remember, this will be my first carb up after the 3 week induction.
    He who is saved, is the one who saves himself.