Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Exclamation How come I don't feel like I'm putting on much muscle?

I've been lifting for some time, and I haven't seen any major results.
    I am 15. Could it be because of my age?

People always say I'm huge, could it all be in my head?

I eat my body weight in grams of protein 6 days out of the week. All but 1 day.

How should I be lifting?
    I'm trying to get big, yet look cut for summer. (I can cut later, so that doesn't really matter)

Should I be sore after my workouts? If so, for how long?
    What does it mean if I don't get sore after my workouts?

How often should I be working a particular muscle?

What should my daily water in-take be?

Does it matter where my protein source is from?

How many hours of sleep for someone with goals like me?

Any recommended supplements?

E : Does it matter what kind of exercise I start or end with?

I know thats a lot, but any help is appreciated(:
    Last edited by Tristann; 02-18-2013 at 11:20 AM. Reason: left something out

Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Tristann is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    anyone?

iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iMacBrah has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Tristann View Post

How should I be lifting?
    I'm trying to get big, yet look cut for summer. (I can cut later, so that doesn't really matter)

if you're trying to get big, go on a bulk and do a mass building routine like SS which most people on here will recommend ( i'm not a huge fan though). you say you've been lifting for sometime and people say you're huge so you might already be quite big. if so do a nice hypotrephy routine.

I'd rather measure the effectiveness of your workout not on soreness but at the end of your workout whether or not you can carry on or not. if you literally can't push out another rep for that muscle group then in I think you've had a nice workout. I normally feel sore the morning after once i've had a good nights sleep. Soreness shouldn't last very long if you're sleeping well and eating a good diet.

if you're a beginner you will probably benefit most from a 3 day all body routine hitting each muscle group 3x a week. otherwise a 4-5 day split hitting each group once a week is good too. you'll most likely involve all muscles throughout the week doing certain movements.

it's good to drink water, especially if you're taking supplements such as creatine. I aim to personally drink 3-4 litres a day. Water is good for you generally anyway.

try to get all your protein from real food, chicken,fish etc and use whey if need be. I personally consume 150g of protein a day from good and get 30g from whey shakes. at 15 I can imagine it being difficult getting all your protein from food with school etc, so taking whey won't mean you won't make gains, its fine really.

sleep is probably one of the top 3 things required to make gains ( the other two being diet and form).. especially since you're still growing you should be aiming to get atleast 9 hours sleep IMO. it'll help with recovery etc.

you're only 15 so I wouldn't really recommend pre-workouts or creatine at your age. but it doesn't hurt to take multivitamins and fish oils since you're a growing kid. I used to take both as a kid anyway even though I didn't lift.

it's normally better to start with the more taxing exercising such as bench press, squats, deadlifts etc since they require more effort etc and you may not be able to do them to the best of your ability at the end of the ability. I personally agree and peform all major compounds first except deadlifts which I do at the end of my workout.

Hope this helps.

Just remember in order to put on muscle, just eat everything in sight, sleep like a baby and go all out in the gym! try not to worry about the little things.

eat a caloric suprlus, make sure you get your minimum protein and fat requirements and fill out the rest with carbs.

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it takes time. A long time. You will not gain a lot in a few months. Take some pics now...bust your ass and look back at them a year from now
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bmontgomery87 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it takes time. you aren't going to feel big after a couple months of training.

learn how to eat properly, and get on a solid strength program

DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000) DivaJana is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your age is the best for growth.

Hard to tell without pics

What about the rest of your cals and macros ? you need more than P for growth, you need to gain weight and while hitting your macros every day
    check http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

How should I be lifting?
    Gaining muscles and losing fats are two opposite process you need to do them one at a time
    Again check the past link. you need to have long term plans, not short terms. You are young abuse your age and grow! don't plan to cut for summer, plan to cut for the next summer or even the following one.

You most likely will be. but no you "shouldn't" soreness isn't an Indicator of a good workout

Nothing.

2-3 times a week since you are a beginner. I suggest
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

enough to stay hydrated all the time. since all body functions relay on water intake
    how much, depend on many factors like food choices and daily exercises frequency/volume.

Some Protein sources are superior to other in term of their amino profile and many other things, but a gram of P is still a gram of P. don't bother so much about it atm.

it vary from an individual to another, I can't lay a good workout with less than 8 hours.

you don't need any supplements at this stage, if you must then go with fish oil and multi-vitmins but thats it.
    Not to a big extend. I prefer to start with compound exercises. again find a good program and stick to it don't just do random stuff.

It's ok.
    Last edited by DivaJana; 02-18-2013 at 12:02 PM.

ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ShortBrah3030 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're 190lbs at 6'1"... unless you're like 8% bodyfat you have to be dyel.
    My log: Come tell me how weak I am:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151970093

Starting Lifts/Current: (started jan 14)

Bench: 65x1@147/160 5x5 @146
    Squat: 0@147/170 5x5 @146
    Deadlift: 140x1@147/205x5 @146
    OHP: 60x1@147/110 5x5 @146

Powerlifting goal: 945 B/S/D total @ 135lbs
    Bodybuilding goal: 145lbs @ 8% bodyfat

My SOUNDCLOUD (I make beats and I'm one of the best): http://soundcloud.com/santaomg