Allotrope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Excessive fat around hips(men)

Hey, I just started on a program 2 weeks ago ( the lee hayvard 12 week bodybuilding program). I've always been scrawny with thin arms but
    I gain veight and muscle very fast in the hip/thigh area and hardy gain anywhere else. Which of course is very embarrassing beeing male, added to the fact that I'm 6 foot 3. I told myself not to worry about gaining fat while bulking up and just staying to my diet plan, but as I've gained some muscle I've also gained alot of weight around my hips - it's really bad I'm 110 cm around hips and a mere 105 around chest. It's really hard to ignore this. Some inputs/helpfull advice would be appreciated .
    \

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How far did you cut before you started bulking ? I have similar problem with fat around the hip/thigh area and had to cut down to 186 before it mostly went away.

Back in october some weeks before I ended my cut I was 100 cm hips and 100 cm chest. Once I started weight lifting chest started to increase (atrophy recovery) and hips started shrinking, currently im at 115.5 cm chest and 96cm hips (2,5 months into bulk) So its definetly possible to change the ratio with diet and muscle gain.

Hard to tell with no pics but maybe you should cut down some more before going on bulk ?

Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000) Everknown is just really nice. (+1000)
    I also have this OP it sucks, it makes your body look really unco and makes you look less leaner alot less

Allotrope has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've gained about 2 kg. I now weigh 97kg with a bodyfat of 18-21%. But with my legs it looks so ****ing unproportional, like someone who only worked out legs for a year - except mine are far from lean. I have a meal plan that adds up to a total of 200gram protein, 120 gram fat (from nuts,mostly) and 450 gram carbs
    (complex). 3600 calories. Hows cardio should I do alot or isnt that just counter productive (like eating X calories less would do the same trick). I can't really see how I'm going to trick my body into loosing fat around my hips while gaining muscle elsewhere.

Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaylor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Allotrope View Post
    I've gained about 2 kg. I now weigh 97kg with a bodyfat of 18-21%. But with my legs it looks so ****ing unproportional, like someone who only worked out legs for a year - except mine are far from lean. I have a meal plan that adds up to a total of 200gram protein, 120 gram fat (from nuts,mostly) and 450 gram carbs
    (complex). 3600 calories. Hows cardio should I do alot or isnt that just counter productive (like eating X calories less would do the same trick). I can't really see how I'm going to trick my body into loosing fat around my hips while gaining muscle elsewhere.
    That is because you can't. You can either bulk or lost the fat around your hips. Pick one.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
    That is because you can't. You can either bulk or lost the fat around your hips. Pick one.
    Exactly this, and if you are at 18-21%bf OP then cut some more before you go bulk.