rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rekkoning334 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Safe to Lift with Inguinal Hernia? (very brief)(pls help)

-found out i have a hernia yesterday
    -im talking with a surgeon in 2 days
    -hoping to have the surgery asap

Okay so my question is...

up until the surgery do you guys think its still safe to workout?

edit: it's worth noting that i have no pain and it's not always visible (it only swelled up for a day or 2 after intense puking due to norovirus)
    Last edited by rekkoning334; 02-16-2013 at 03:54 PM.

China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) China505 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Im writing this from the hospital as Im getting a bilateral inguinal hernia (1 on each side) repaired in the morning.

I personally just switched over to some cardio sessions when I found out about mine which was about 2 weeks ago. It sucks but you are going to be out of serious lifting for a few months anyways after the surgery so no point in risking it IMO.

Good luck and wishing you a speed recovery.

Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ramborage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was still lifting until my surgery last week. I'll tell you this, I think I made mine worse. The last week or two before surgery I was lifting heavy, doing heavy squats, and deads. Pretty much my mentalitly was that the damage was already done and it's taken care of so how could it get worse right? Well the last week before surgery, I was walking around work like my balls were in a vice. I never had much discomfort there, but I sure did that week. I would say, you're going to be off from lifting no matter what, no sense on making it worse before.

BTW your doctor will probably tell you when you see him to stop lifting as well. Mine told me I'd be back in the gym in a few weeks after surgery, just not lifting heavy. I think they give you like 5 or 6 weeks post op to start lifting again. I'd build up slowly over a few weeks months to lifting heavy after.