D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000)

What is the best way to get clients starting out?

Hey guys,

I just recently got certified by the ISSA. The gym I train out of is a small personal training studio with a awesome reputation around town. However, the policy is YOU have to get your own clients. Completely different than your Gold's Gym's, Fitness Connections, etc. So I was wondering, starting out what do you think the best way to gain clients is? Craigslist Ad? Social Media (********, Twitter etc.).

I feel that Flyer's and such might not be so beneficial anymore as newspapers are almost going out as the internet has become the thing.

Help is always appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance!

SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) SageFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by D-Wade7288 View Post
    Hey guys,

I just recently got certified by the ISSA. The gym I train out of is a small personal training studio with a awesome reputation around town. However, the policy is YOU have to get your own clients. Completely different than your Gold's Gym's, Fitness Connections, etc. So I was wondering, starting out what do you think the best way to gain clients is? Craigslist Ad? Social Media (********, Twitter etc.).

I feel that Flyer's and such might not be so beneficial anymore as newspapers are almost going out as the internet has become the thing.

Thanks in advance!
    I have a whole new outlook on ******** as of late. It's done wonders for my second facility. That said I have no clue how good it can be to advertise a person rather then a business entity. It seems to me that if you want to advertise yourself and yourself only then you need to do it yourself. Meaning that you have to go out and find it. No one is going to randomly contact you if people don't even know who you are. Make yourself known in the area, see if you can find any events to get yourself to. Make cards and start showing people you're alive.
    http://sagefit.wordpress.com/
    Becoming A Success In The World Of Fitness
    Learn how to make a six figure salary in the world of fitness. Tips for personal trainers, fitness business owners and more.

BS Exercise Physiology
    BS Nutrition
    ACSM Certified PT

Owner of Sage: Exclusive Fitness Center in Whitestone, NY and Sage Studios in Astoria, NY.
    www.sagefit.com

D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000) D-Wade7288 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SageFit View Post
    I have a whole new outlook on ******** as of late. It's done wonders for my second facility. That said I have no clue how good it can be to advertise a person rather then a business entity. It seems to me that if you want to advertise yourself and yourself only then you need to do it yourself. Meaning that you have to go out and find it. No one is going to randomly contact you if people don't even know who you are. Make yourself known in the area, see if you can find any events to get yourself to. Make cards and start showing people you're alive.
    Thanks for your help bro. I'll be looking into all of that at the end of the week.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If I can offer some advice, Id say think outside the box and get yourself a website that lets you blog about health and fitness topics. The goal isnt always to get more clients but to use your blog/website to gain an online following to allow you help people you might never meet in person.

Those people might buy products you advertise your on your website or buy your ebook on health and fitness. This way the website starts earning you money 24/7. Then you are not dependant on how many clients you train to make money. It does not happen over night and you will have to work at it, but it can happen. Focus on helping people and it will benefit you.

If you don't know how to do this, here is my guide to making your website. if you follow these steps youll have a website up in about 1 hour. Then you just have to add the content. http://www.joe-cannon.com/install-wo...-step-by-step/

This does take time to work but if you have patience this will be one of the best hours you spent because it will free you from the stress of having to find clients. Trust me.

Best of luck to you!
    Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Originally Posted by JoeCannonMSCSCS View Post
    If I can offer some advice, Id say think outside the box and get yourself a website that lets you blog about health and fitness topics. The goal isnt always to get more clients but to use your blog/website to gain an online following to allow you help people you might never meet in person.

Those people might buy products you advertise your on your website or buy your ebook on health and fitness. This way the website starts earning you money 24/7. Then you are not dependant on how many clients you train to make money. It does not happen over night and you will have to work at it, but it can happen. Focus on helping people and it will benefit you.

If you don't know how to do this, here is my guide to making your website. if you follow these steps youll have a website up in about 1 hour. Then you just have to add the content. http://www.joe-cannon.com/install-wo...-step-by-step/

This does take time to work but if you have patience this will be one of the best hours you spent because it will free you from the stress of having to find clients. Trust me.

Best of luck to you!
    Joe

Thanks Joe! I think this could be exactly what I need. Is there anyway I can contact you? Just message you or email?

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Glad to help! you can email me at my website and I can try to help you there if you like.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10) m3ndo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    screw all this. go out and FIND people. you're at a studio with an "awesome reputation." Who the fuk is gonna care about a dime-a-dozen trainer who puts their ads on ********? Do some real marketing.

Originally Posted by m3ndo View Post
    screw all this. go out and FIND people. you're at a studio with an "awesome reputation." Who the fuk is gonna care about a dime-a-dozen trainer who puts their ads on ********? Do some real marketing.
    Ok enlighten me please.

mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I second that. It's a different story if you don't work out of a gym, and need to focus all of your energy marketing online, but you've got an "in" with the local gym. Maybe get cards done up offering their first workout free and hand them out around town or team up with a supplement store.

Originally Posted by mcal07 View Post
    I second that. It's a different story if you don't work out of a gym, and need to focus all of your energy marketing online, but you've got an "in" with the local gym. Maybe get cards done up offering their first workout free and hand them out around town or team up with a supplement store.
    The problem is, I am not at the gym all the time. Only when I train. Most of the time I'm either in school or doing work outside of school and looking for ways to promote myself. I'm getting business cards made up. Was just curious if multimedia was the way to go.

mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mcal07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Might want to make sure the business card has an email and phone number. Maybe add a "call to action" such as "email me to setup your free workout" etc. I'm online at mitchcalvert.(com) but I don't actively train clients in person anymore. That ship sailed awhile ago as I got a desk job to pay my mortgage, but I still have a passion for this and my outlet is the blog.

itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) itasquo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
    Yes most GYM do that. Well i agree on the newspaper and flyers... Unless you have connections where you could put them... But for starters just forget about it...
    #1 is referral if you already have some clients and you are a good trainer get some results your clients will be your walking/free advertisement. Some client will talk about you and get you new clients in a heart beat. some wont. Just talk to them and reward them if they would refeal a friend!

#2 Internet(********) It is very powerful specially if you already have some progress pictures of you and your clients!
    #3 craigslist ( a good looking ad does bring in clients)
    #4 go to business meeting groups( at this group people meet and help each other out with clients referrals)
    #5 talk about who you are everyday when you meet new people tell them what you do and why you are so special for them. ( you never know who is your next client! )

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're only at the gym when you train yourself, then you'll only get clients who happen to be there at that time, and who happen to talk to you when you're resting between sets. That is, you're dedicating 5-10 minutes a week on getting new clients.

Figure out when you want to train people, and stay in the gym that whole time, talking to people and giving them training tips. Say you want to do PT Tuesdays and Thursdays 0600-1000, well be at the gym those eight hours each week, no matter what. Now you're spending 8 hours a week on getting new clients. As time goes on you fill up those slots, when they're two-thirds full, open up a third day, and so on.

Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    If you're only at the gym when you train yourself, then you'll only get clients who happen to be there at that time, and who happen to talk to you when you're resting between sets. That is, you're dedicating 5-10 minutes a week on getting new clients.

Figure out when you want to train people, and stay in the gym that whole time, talking to people and giving them training tips. Say you want to do PT Tuesdays and Thursdays 0600-1000, well be at the gym those eight hours each week, no matter what. Now you're spending 8 hours a week on getting new clients. As time goes on you fill up those slots, when they're two-thirds full, open up a third day, and so on.
    The problem is the gym gets a lot of referrals. However, it is NOT a big chain like a Golds. It is strictly a training studio and your usually on in their when you train. I dedicate time. I have put flyers up around campus with a spot to pull of my number and give me a call, I've put an add on craigslist, promote myself on ******** etc. It's not like I am not trying, but the policy there is you get your own clients. However, the owner is actually trying to help me out and hand me an extra client or two when he gets overwhelmed. I've already gotten two people within a month of promoting which I don't think is bad to begin.

florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) florida025 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!
    ********, craigslist,twitter... twitter would be my first choice

Sebeisbatman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats up guy? The best way to get clients is to start with your inner circle. Also I find pairing up with another trainer to start working at training more than one client as a team is VERY helpful. Its better when you each compliment each other (one is more knowledgable in one area and the other in another). Stay in touch. Its always nice to know other trainers.
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!