nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post-Workout Carb Sources

hey guys,

I dont see the point in buying expensive carb supplements, as these are nothing but fast acting carbs which are everywhere

well as I am trying to clean bulk around 25 lbs within the next years, there is some work for me
    So I am searching for a constant source of my post workout carbs, a point which i missed before

What are your favourite carb sources?

I heard of fruits like bananas, etc. same time I heard Jim Stoppani is using pixie/fairy sticks...
    in Germany there is also dextrose in supermarkets on sale at times, I dont know which will be the best option

So maybe you can help me out with some ideas

cheers
    Please get friends with me on BodySpace / Follow my transformation

I wanna share as much knowledge / motivation / encouragement as possible
    Thank you for being there!

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by nickwannabe View Post
    hey guys,

I dont see the point in buying expensive carb supplements, as these are nothing but fast acting carbs which are everywhere

well as I am trying to clean bulk around 25 lbs within the next years, there is some work for me
    So I am searching for a constant source of my post workout carbs, a point which i missed before

I heard of fruits like bananas, etc. same time I heard Jim Stoppani is using pixie/fairy sticks...
    in Germany there is also dextrose in supermarkets on sale at times, I dont know which will be the best option

cheers
    LOL @ Stoppani, pixie stix, and dextrose.

Just eat a regular meal at some convenient point after your training session.

My favorite carbs are, in no particular order, pasta, potatoes, bread, fruit, veg, and rice.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000) Bronzzi is just really nice. (+1000)
    hey guys,

cheers
    My favorite carb sources are pasta, candy/sweets and cereal

nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000) nattyuser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Water melon is good, sweet as phuck and its like your drinking at the same time.
    Not sure on the macros, probably not the most carb dense fruit available. But after a workout its the chit...

Bananas
    Oranges (fruit and juice)
    Melons
    Grapefruit
    Kiwi
    Grapes

That's the kinda fruits i eat mostly, in for more suggestions.

Obviously theres all the clasics like pasta, oats, rice and veg etc. But I like fruit post workout, goes down easier.

nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see that regular meals are way to go if possible

but i have a half hour trip from the gym home including all stuff like showering etc.. plus cooking time
    so i prefer to have a whey shake with carbs before the next meal
    or am i on the wrong way?

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see that regular meals are way to go if possible

but i have a half hour trip from the gym home including all stuff like showering etc.. plus cooking time
    or am i on the wrong way?
    That is fine if you want to do that but honestly, it sounds like a pain. When I lived in Holland and I went to the gym, I had to ride my bike across town 20 minutes back to my apartment, which sucked when it was cold or snowing. Bavaria is pretty much the same climate, and maybe worse, depending on whether you have to travel across (part of) mountains. Carrying shaker cups with powders is a complete pain in the butt when you ride a bike. I would just make your meal when you get home. This is especially true if you are eating something before you workout. Are you working out in a "fasted" state or in a "fed" state?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    ETA: Snorkelman beat me to it. ^^^^

You can do ^^^^ this if you like, but if you've already eaten at some point before training, there's no advantage to trying to quickly slam down anything. Your previous meal is still being digested/assimilated for somewhere between 4-6 hours after being eaten.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Usually before a workout I will have some carbs in form of oats / apple
    plus a shake made of juice, creatine and glutamine

Yeah I go by car but it is just a ****ed up way, within the city etc etc
    until i have my parking spot and walk home and so on , so on
    it just makes things way more convenient to have that shake, and I dont see so much problems with it
    I mean many guys use protein shakes, they are not that expensive and they seem to be an alternative for this

SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SilverSpork is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just eat bluberries and banannas. ****ing delicious when they are frozen.

I used to eat chewy sprees during my workout. People would look at me wierd.
    Opeth, Vai, and Lamb of God enthusiast.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    nick, are you getting adequate protein during the day? Have you calculated your target # grams per day of protein? Are you able to hit that, because what you listed as your pre-workout meal sounds pretty light on protein. Then again, you may have some protein dense meals at other times of the day, making my concern unfounded.

I do hit my daily protein intake and I do hit it, I have just read lots of stuff about the importance of pre and post workout meals/shakes..

where would you optimize my options?

Pre-WO: 1 glass of juice (cherry, grape,...) + 5 gr creatine + 5 gr glutamine + 1 apple/cups oats
    Post-WO: Shake of 1,5 scoops whey + carbs?

After that I would have a solid meal an hour later or something, consisting of protein & complex carbs

Advice is appreciated