Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TCO76 View Post
    Thanks. I started at @ 210 and got down to 174 at my lightest. Now around 180 and slowly rising.

okay, buddy, here: the key word is SLOWLY!!!

what you have done is amazing, and it has given you a great new starting point: your diet now is even more critical than before, because you must realize that gaining lean tissue is a SLOW affair and honestly, except for total noobies or guys on gear, you will NOT put on much more than 5-7 pounds of lean tissue in a year, and even that is not forever.....

so keep your calorie total just above maintenance and not by very much: I would use ONLY 250 CALORIES above maintenance as the starting point of your new diet.

in fact, it could easily be argued, that if you have nailed down your maintenance to an exact amount and proportion of macros, it may simply be a matter of adding ONE measly protein drink a day..seriously....but make it a good one, since you have a couple of hundred calories to spare here, so it could be a drink where you add some fresh fruit as carbs, eg banana, etc.....

this way, you could keep the rest of your diet structured basically the same as before.....with a tiny bit more leeway on portions.....

example: let's say your maintenance is 2500, and you were doing 2000 in the weight losing diet: now you can "relax" the portions so that you are back to the 2500, and then, as before, just add one extra protein drink to get to the 2750 range.......

monitor the weight gains CAREFULLY!! If you have been doing the lower amount (2000) for quite some time, I strongly recommend that you build up to the maintenance FIRST, until your weight stabilizes: by this I mean, as soon as you go back to maintenance, you WILL at first gain a few pounds, even if it is only water weight, but wait until that stabilizes, AT LEAST, a month, before adding over maintenance.
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000) TCO76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    okay, buddy, here: the key word is SLOWLY!!!

what you have done is amazing, and it has given you a great new starting point: your diet now is even more critical than before, because you must realize that gaining lean tissue is a SLOW affair and honestly, except for total noobies or guys on gear, you will NOT put on much more than 5-7 pounds of lean tissue in a year, and even that is not forever.....

so keep your calorie total just above maintenance and not by very much: I would use ONLY 250 CALORIES above maintenance as the starting point of your new diet.

in fact, it could easily be argued, that if you have nailed down your maintenance to an exact amount and proportion of macros, it may simply be a matter of adding ONE measly protein drink a day..seriously....but make it a good one, since you have a couple of hundred calories to spare here, so it could be a drink where you add some fresh fruit as carbs, eg banana, etc.....

this way, you could keep the rest of your diet structured basically the same as before.....with a tiny bit more leeway on portions.....

example: let's say your maintenance is 2500, and you were doing 2000 in the weight losing diet: now you can "relax" the portions so that you are back to the 2500, and then, as before, just add one extra protein drink to get to the 2750 range.......

monitor the weight gains CAREFULLY!! If you have been doing the lower amount (2000) for quite some time, I strongly recommend that you build up to the maintenance FIRST, until your weight stabilizes: by this I mean, as soon as you go back to maintenance, you WILL at first gain a few pounds, even if it is only water weight, but wait until that stabilizes, AT LEAST, a month, before adding over maintenance.
    Thanks a million for the sound advice John. I will follow this. It is people like you and so many others who take the time to offer real advice, that I truely admire. Cut and dry with no BS added. I will Rep ya when I get more. All of you. I never knew how much I would fall in love with this sport. Now if I could just get the wife to understand....haha.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Well if you're prepping him then I'm prepping him too!

Awesome job OP! I know exactly what you mean about feeling scrawny but you seriously look great and worlds better than before. Keep it up!
    Lol. Auto correct hates me and is out to ruin my life..
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Yes.....I'm that wrestler MASSter's Avatar
    MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MASSter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Can't see the tatoo in the first pic. Definitely not you. Only kidding. Great progress buddy!
    Who oversees the overseers?

cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000) cmg1976 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Very impressive work! You look lean, not skinny. I'm interested in seeing what program people suggest for you too. Are you looking for strength gains, hypertrophy, a mix? I'm doing starting strength and there's no reason for me to be thinking ahead to when that is over, but I do sometimes, lol.

I think John gave great advice on your diet. Since you are in the habit of tracking already, you don't really have anything to lose by keeping it up- and as you work on adding muscle/minimizing fat you'll have the data about your body to know what works best for you you calorie wise... Just a thought.
    My training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150928103

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That is some fine work, OP!
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow