Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Stats: 5'4", 132 lbs
    TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Visit TaniaKerins's BodySpace

Insanity Workout. Health help

Hi, I'm new here. I've just this second stopped an Insanity workout video ( Max interval circuit ) because I didn't feel like I had much control over my legs, I felt faint and my asthma was kicking in. When I stopped I had a visual black out ( but this isn't a huge scare because I'm familiar with having low blood pressure ) Does anyone else do this workout?

I've been bodybuilding for about 5 or so years, I'm 20 now and very much self taught ( with recommendations from various guys I know ). I've had health problems in the distant past regarding fainting and generally doing the wrong thing entirely, but I'm closish to my goal now, aside from the fact that this video workout makes me miserable and my arms are addicted to the endorphins I get from weightlifting. - mentally it's a challenge and I'm always very self critical.

I would love to get the six pack I want but I don't feel able to. My workout tends to be along the lines of:
    day1: weights and crunches 1h 20m~ split into two sets (WaC),
    #2: Insanity Workout 47-59m (IW),
    #3: WaC,
    #4: rest,
    #5: IW,
    #6: rest
    repeat.

It's very flexible and I don't work out if, like now, it's posing to be a problem on my health. I do however feel very guilty and fighting against many disadvantages. It would be nice to have some input from people experienced in the field who've managed to achieve the body I'm aiming for. ( I was going to post a picture but apparently I cant ) I'm 5'4.5 and about 9st, I don't know my bodyfat percantage. I've got 30.5cm perimeter biceps and sort of a six pack. My goal is to have more definition all over, slightly bigger arms, thighs and a six pack that stays with me all day and not just the mornings and evenings.

I used to get up at 5am, do the exercise at 5:30 after breakfast, have a proteinshake and then go back to sleep. But I feel getting leaner and mentally more ontop of things is a result of getting more than 5-6 hours of sleep.

But seriously, that Insanity workout is one of the most miserable things in my life.. I use it mostly because I don't have to go out anywhere or pay anything. I can do it at home so it's really efficient as a fat burning and general toning exercise. I've been told many times that I can afford to put more fat into my diet but I can't bring myself to do it without knowing the person who's told me to do it is already at my goal. No one has been so far, so I always dismiss it.

Any help? < :/

Stats: 5'7", 145 lbs
    BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BalhamBeast's BodySpace
    If it's making you miserable and ill then you need to back off. A few years ago, the year I turned 40, I got into Crossfit which features short, very intense workouts, 3 days on, 1 day off. I actually wore down my immune system to the point where I was sick for about 8 months - colds, 'flu, bronchitis, cystits, a 24 hour vomiting bug and a severe allergic reaction to some perfume (I'm not normally allergic to anything!). On top of that my cycle went completely irregular and I felt faint and strange a lot of the time. I stopped doing Crossfit, slowed right down and went back to steady, slow, heavy weights a few times a week. It took me a while to recover but I got there. I don't want you to go down a similar path, it's just not worth it.

Don't be afraid of fats. I do best on a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet. If you eat fat (I use mostly coconut oil, some olive oil, MCTs and butter) your body learns to use it as its primary fuel source (provided that you do so without taking in many carbs). Carbs come from mainly from green vegetables. You also need fats for many of your body's processes including hormones - not eating enough can impact your menstrual cycle and well-being. Don't be afraid of them. Just steer clear of trans fats and vegetable oils and you're golden.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000) TaniaKerins is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the help

I usually find I'm still hungry if I don't eat carbs, but I'll attempt to alter my diet and see how that goes. My cycle is incredibly irregular but it doesn't bother me since it's mostly rather pathetic and I don't feel it. My immune system is amazing though thank god. I just struggle to believe that my body needs a break when it gets about an hours exercise in the morning and the rest of the day I'm at a desk or walking. Days I don't exercise feel really lazy in comparison and I just don't feel like I'm working hard enough, but sometimes when I try, my body definitely tells me to stop.

Stats: 5'7", 145 lbs
    BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) BalhamBeast has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit BalhamBeast's BodySpace
    You won't be hungry if you eat enough fats. One of the complaints some folks have about the keto diet is that they have no appetite. I haven't found that personally but I'm rarely hungry unless I deliberately have a low calorie day.
    Current log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149169243

Now cutting!

ahh, keto. You've given me something to work with. Thankyou very much (: