AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Eating two meals a day, but meals too far apart ? Is it bad (read the stickies) reps

Yes yes yes , I've read the stickies, I know that meal timing is irrelevant. In fact, I've been eating two meals a day for over a year.

One thing that I am concerned about is, since I am bulking (3000 cals) , is having two meals too far apart from each other ''non-optimal'' in terms of protein synthesis ?

That Layne Norton study has me worried. Usually, I eat one meal (breakfast) train about 4-5 hours later then have my pwo meal.

But today, I had my breakfast at 3:30 then I trained a little late today , therefore had my second meal about 12 hours later.

I only had a cup of tea and a small clementine orange before workout.

Is it ruining my gains or what ??? I prefer having big meals over smaller.

Please help guys !!!!!!!!!! I am so worrrieeeeeeeeeed right now

Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wakaaa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As long as you meet your macros, you can eat whenever, however in terms of energy it might have an effect, but if that's what you want then go for it.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Proud first generation American of Syrian descent

Forever cutting crew

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I know what you're referring to and some people disagree with laynes study. I'm impartial. My compromise was to have a few protein shakes in the windows... they are rather low in calories and shouldnt impact your meal size if you have 2 a day... problem solved.. but, in the end, I think its probably rather trivial.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wtf OP

you just said you know meal timing is irrelevent, then you go on completely ignoring what you just said and start asking questions about timing......

AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) AliLeo94 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Reply to both of you above

I have lots of energy during my training sessions.

To Astronomical : I've been thinking about buying a whey tub.

ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50) ASTRONOMICAL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brendan0076 View Post
    wtf OP

you just said you know meal timing is irrelevent, then you go on completely ignoring what you just said and start asking questions about timing......
    I wouldn't call -trying to give your muscles optimal protein synthesis periods AND eating 6 small balanced meals a day, the same thing. I get what you're saying brendan and it holds some weight, but, meal frequency is kinda vague.

Now I'm not saying whats fact and fiction, I'm just saying that theirs different motives. If eating a few protein shakes in the gaps provides peace of mind then so be it. Less stress and I don't think there is anything to really worry about with it.

OP, if you've been documenting your gains then continue to do so and see if you see any improvement. It would be interesting to see if there were any notable results.
    if anything has surprised me so far in my work, it's the complete disassociation between IQ and "exercise intelligence"

-Martin Berkhan

mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mh22 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I eat 2 meals a day. Lost around 16lbs in month and a half (yes there was a lot water weight loss after NYs party). Losing fat, keeping lbm, and lots of energy at the gym, plus I love eating big meals. Works great for me

brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ASTRONOMICAL View Post
    I wouldn't call -trying to give your muscles optimal protein synthesis periods AND eating 6 small balanced meals a day, the same thing. I get what you're saying brendan and it holds some weight, but, meal frequency is kinda vague.

Now I'm not saying whats fact and fiction, I'm just saying that theirs different motives. If eating a few protein shakes in the gaps provides peace of mind then so be it. Less stress and I don't think there is anything to really worry about with it.

OP, if you've been documenting your gains then continue to do so and see if you see any improvement. It would be interesting to see if there were any notable results.
    first your talking about layne nortons studies based on timing, now your talking about 6 small balanced meals.

Do you yourself even know what your talking about?

MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MikeDavidL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm certainly no scientific expert, but from the reading and research I've done it would seem meal timing is more influential on energy levels rather than nutrient partitioning and absorption.

Because the muscular anabolic window is something like 24-72hrs post-workout, if you're meeting your macronutrient needs on a daily basis (24hrs), and training more frequently than that, your body is going to be using everything you give it. It's only when you start going longer than 24-72hrs between meals that you're going to stunt growth.

The real factor that meal timing plays is more to do with your energy levels during your workout. If you're low on energy and lethargic, you'll have a lower intensity workout, and induce less growth.

That's what I've gathered anyway.
    "Eternal Life is living for others." -William Branham

All things are possible, only believe.

No Fap Crew

Originally Posted by MikeDavidL View Post
    I'm certainly no scientific expert, but from the reading and research I've done it would seem meal timing is more influential on energy levels rather than nutrient partitioning and absorption.

Because the muscular anabolic window is something like 24-72hrs post-workout, if you're meeting your macronutrient needs on a daily basis (24hrs), and training more frequently than that, your body is going to be using everything you give it. It's only when you start going longer than 24-72hrs between meals that you're going to stunt growth.

The real factor that meal timing plays is more to do with your energy levels during your workout. If you're low on energy and lethargic, you'll have a lower intensity workout, and induce less growth.

That's what I've gathered anyway.
    This man speaks the truth

Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gitt66 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It should also be noted that for at least the first 12 hours between meals, your body is almost exclusively using liver glycogen for energy. This prevents breakdown of other tissues, be it fat or muscle, for energy.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So op you know that meal timing is irrelevant but want to know if meal timing is relevant?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242