brizz86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Started a thread in the fat loss section. I think this is a better area.

Hey everyone. I have lurked here for a while and I used to post here but forgot my user name.

I'm a male 26 years old. 153 Pounds 5'7 height. BMI of 24.0. I am what would be considered skinny fat. I'm weak enough to where I can't curl a 20 pound dumbbell more than 5 times on each arm. I'm weak enough to where I cant squat more than two 20 pound dumbbells. I'm weak enough to where I cant bench my own body weight and more than likely not even 80 pounds. You get the picture, I'm sure. I'm out of shape enough to where I cannot run consistently for a period longer than 2 minutes at a moderate pace of 5.0 mph. My body fat is something retarded like 23%.

I have access to a gym. I use it infrequently. I don't have a lot of money at the moment and it always seems like everything that I want to buy healthy is too expensive. 2 oranges cost 3 dollars. A tomato cost 1.95. I live in south florida and fruits and veggies are just outrageous. I buy skinless boneless chicken breasts and try and make them taste good but I fail so hard. I can eat tuna and it's relatively cheap.. but I have to put mayo in it.

Bottom line. I know it takes months upon months to make a change. I know you have to be consistent. I know if you want to lose weight you should aim for 500 calories below maintenance to lose around 1 pound per week.

The problem I have is that. I go a large portion of the day not eating (just not hungry) than I will eat **** (candy, chips, pizza, icecream,) snacks, stupid **** I shouldn't even eat. I doubt I eat a ton of calories. It's not like I eat the stuff I listed every day, I was just listing stuff I have eaten in the past month. Today it is 11:15 am. I have eaten two small tacos with pork in a flour tortilla, and a glass of water. And I'm not hungry. I probably won't eat for another 6 hours, maybe 7. Until my stomach starts to hurt than I will eat something small. I have probably killed my metabolism.

I have read on here fat loss for dummies part II.

I want to know
    A) What can I buy that won't break the bank that is relatively easy to make and tastes decent.
    B) If I am not hungry, how do I force myself to eat?
    C) I calculated out what I am supposed to eat (maintenance) and it was something ridiculous like 2,200 calories. I can't even get close to that. I can barely eat two eggs before I am full. And that makes it so where I am not hungry for at least 5 hours.
    D) It's really weird, I'm skinny fat, am not hungry barely ever. I eat well below my maintenance but still have this like weird fat. I can only assume it's because although I eat below my maintenance I eat complete crap, with butter, fatty stuff. Too much red meat. My parents cook everything, and they are excellent at it. But too much red meat, not enough chicken, not enough salads. And not consistent enough.

I'm so confused when I go to the gym. Some days I am lifting 15 pound dumbbells other days 10... I never improve. (Due to inconsistency)?
    I run on the treadmill or other machines for at least 30 minutes.. than workout either abs,biceps,chest. Or Legs/shoulders.

I just have no sense of direction. I have no consistency. I have no idea how to buy healthy **** without spending a retarded amount of money. I don't know if I should lift hard and try and gain weight, skip cardio. Or if I should do 1 day of 60 minute cardio, next day lift heavy, off, next day 60 minute cardio etc. I don't know if I should try and drop down to 130 pounds at 5'7.... I don't know how fat my gut will look if I get up to 170.

It's like I'm stuck in this perpetual cycle of just being ****ed up. I see so much improvement from a lot of you guys on here. And I know you worked your asses off over a period of multiple months and even years. And I have mad respect for that. Believe it or not it somewhat motivates me.

So... if anyone has some pointers. Were you ever "skinny/fat"? What did you do to solve it? How long did it take? What did you eat? How did you learn how to cook it? How did it not break your bank? What was your workout routine? Did you ever eat junk food and how did you just get rid of it?

I know it's fun to bash and hate on the noobs here. But from one guy to another, I'm just asking for advice. I'm about to head to the gym now. I more than likely will run on the treadmill for 60 minutes... than debate on whether I should lift or not. I don't even ****ing know wtf I am doing.

Based on the pictures. Should I bulk and try and get to like... 165 or 170... and just ignore the fat? Or should I cut... and try and get rid of the fat before I try and put on muscle? And how do I go about one or the other? In your opinions. Thank you. I know this is stupidly long, but I poured my heart into it and if I can just get pointed in the right direction, maybe I can pour my heart into the gym as well.

Here are some pics. Behold what is me!

Damn. Sorry the pics are like upside down/sideways. Don't know why that happened.
    Attached Images