WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not sure if I should keep working out

I fasted for a few days and lost about 5 pounds, im about 180 right now. Do you think I should keep working out? If I do then I need to buy new clothes because my shirts fit really tight as it is
    Attached Images
    “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

- 1 Timothy 4:8

rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rvanwaas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's completely up to you mate, if you want to look the best you can look then obviously continue working out. If you're goal is to just look healthy and fit then just stay like this. Again mate, this is not our decision to make for you and you know it as well Good luck with your decision! But remember, if you don't use it, you lose it

WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WilliamBo91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know I would just like opinions, I'm like the only person in my social circle that works out and sometimes its kinda awkward lol
    “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Train all body parts and eat lots of decent clean foods.
    Kinda awkward to work out amongst your social circle? Think about number 1 here, don't worry what your mates do,
    otherwise one day you'll look back and realise how much time you've wasted away... serious.
    Keep up the good work.

EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EHAX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For the record i agree with rvanwaas.

But my very very personal opinion is as this: I would never stop working out, however: I dont want to become big. So when i reach my fitness goals i will switch my goals and workout accordingly.

You could stay where you are by eating maintenance and workout say twice a week or once a week while maybe doing something else, some other kind of excercise or something the other "training days of the week".

Just dont stop excercising. thats always a bad idea, but the form in which you do should change depending on your goals.

Originally Posted by siimng1979 View Post
    Think about number 1 here, don't worry what your mates do,
    otherwise one day you'll look back and realise how much time you've wasted away... serious.
    That's interesting you say that. When you say #1, do mean yourself is number 1?

Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stevebaby has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I seriously want to answer your question and also put one to you. If the "You" from the future could talk to you now what would he say?

I wish I could look like you guys here on the forum. Shirtless and muscled. But the diabetic drugs I take are really a bitch to deal with in life. Why I have never been obese or abused my body, if I would have exercised at your age I might have a different life today. I think you should work out because it is the best prevention for ailments as you age. It will also keep you younger longer. I can't imagine that any friends you have would not champion this concept. You prolly have a good influence on them. You look great by the way. I vote Yes, keep exercising in some capicty. Regards

brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10) brendan0076 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you are sincere in questioning whether you should work out or not, then the answer is no. You work out for a reason, not for opinions.

if not, your just attention whoring then

siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000) siimng1979 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WilliamBo91 View Post
    That's interesting you say that. When you say #1, do mean yourself is number 1?
    'Number 1' = Yourself

All the best.

Originally Posted by Stevebaby View Post
    I seriously want to answer your question and also put one to you. If the "You" from the future could talk to you now what would he say?

I wish I could look like you guys here on the forum. Shirtless and muscled. But the diabetic drugs I take are really a bitch to deal with in life. Why I have never been obese or abused my body, if I would have exercised at your age I might have a different life today. I think you should work out because it is the best prevention for ailments as you age. It will also keep you younger longer. I can't imagine that any friends you have would not champion this concept. You prolly have a good influence on them. You look great by the way. I vote Yes, keep exercising in some capicty. Regards
    Sorry to hear that man, I know diabetes sucks, my aunt has it. But if you don't mind me asking, why would you really want to be "muscled" like people on this forum? Is it just to look good/ get attention from girls? Or because you legitimately want to be healthy? I admit that it does feel good to be really healthy, I don't know why more people (at least people I hang around) don't love working out

edit: And I don't know sometiems I feel like that cheesy, greasy haired guy that walks around with a v-neck and a hairy chest and a gold chain... not really that extreme, but I've been working out for 1.5-2 years straight now and I look super, super fit and I feel like its kind of awkward sometimes for some reason

Originally Posted by Stevebaby View Post
    If the "You" from the future could talk to you now what would he say?
    I would say "keep working out but don't make it an "idol" where you're obsessed with it so you can be 60+ years old and still feel great. You're young, go out and enjoy life to the fullest, make the absolute most of yourself." lol, that's what I would say

simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50) simoxeh will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WilliamBo91 View Post
    I would say "keep working out but don't make it an "idol" where you're obsessed with it so you can be 60+ years old and still feel great. You're young, go out and enjoy life to the fullest, make the absolute most of yourself." lol, that's what I would say
    I started working out at age 21 then I go a few months I let some bs reason stop me and I quit or worse going to the gym not lifting very hard and assuming calories when I was going. I do this off and on for the next nine years now here I am 30 years old 166lbs and 27%body fat and a diabetic. Now I have to try hard to get into shape, doing great job tracking calories and lifting hard and lost bf already, with hormones that are going to start decreasing soon due to age. Don't **** up like I did and get into this situation. If you want to quit go for it but don't flip flop around and make decisions based on friends especially when you are doing better then them. Do what is best for you not just today but in the future. I'd trade you in a heartbeat to have your body to start from. I'm going to get slammed for saying this on this site but her goes, even if you only do cardio or cross training do it if you like and it meets your needs. My opinion is don't quit, but in the end the best decision is the one you come up with.
    Legends are not about the goals, but the journey to reach them.
    You can't reach buried treasue without going through some dirt.