View Poll Results: Cna you yes or no?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

40 80.00%
  • no

10 20.00%
    Lil_Swole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can you lose 3 pound a week?

okay right now I am taking Thermadrene XP 2 times a day.All I want to know is if you train and diet right can you lose 3 pounds a week?
    People might mistake me for the wrong person until they come up close.
    Put GOD first at anything you do and you will always win.
    Be a Champion
    for yourself not for any body else.
    Master your goal mentally and phsically.
    OBSESSED WITH PERFECTION
    On my trunk I have green tent(same color as truck) and on tent I have "Lil Swole"It cost 595.00

Full-Time Hardcore
    I will rest when die
    I will work while alive
    stats:
    arms 16 3/4
    legs 26 7/8
    chest 45
    waist 31.5
    calves 1 If you stay focus you stay above average
    120% DEDICATION
    I'm not here to impress nobody.......but myself
    Think what you want to think but I am the only one that know what I look like and how dedicated I am on the boards.

There always somebody out there training harder then you and it's me I take myself to the limit.I give it my best...what about u?

as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) as0l0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i voted yes. and of course you can...but the real trick is to lose 3 pounds of fat while maintaining muscle....to that I vote no.

papayamon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i voted no. to lose 3 lbs of fat in a week, you'd have to run a 10,500 calorie deficit. there is no other way. what that means is you'd need to run a deficit of 1500 calories a day. that's not something people can do, and the math cannot be escaped, at least until the laws of physics are changed in this universe.

if the scale shows you at three pounds less, it's really pretty meaningless. it's impossible to know exactly what your weight means without monitoring it daily for a few weeks. losing weight and having a water fluctuation are two different things. people foolishly take the scale as gospel and after a few weeks of those amazing "weight losses", they'll suddenly find they go a few weeks without losing anything. the reason for that is they really didn't lose the weight they thought they had in the first place - it was only water, and thus not sustainable.

i personally believe 2 lbs a week is pushing the upper limit on true, sustainable weight loss. that's a thousand calorie a day deficit, which means you are busting your butt dieting and exercising. i wouldn't worry about how long it takes. eat right, and exercise, and you'll get there when you get there. unrealistic expectations will only result in failure.

Originally posted by papayamon
    i voted no. to lose 3 lbs of fat in a week, you'd have to run a 10,500 calorie deficit. there is no other way. what that means is you'd need to run a deficit of 1500 calories a day. that's not something people can do, and the math cannot be escaped, at least until the laws of physics are changed in this universe.

if the scale shows you at three pounds less, it's really pretty meaningless. it's impossible to know exactly what your weight means without monitoring it daily for a few weeks. losing weight and having a water fluctuation are two different things. people foolishly take the scale as gospel and after a few weeks of those amazing "weight losses", they'll suddenly find they go a few weeks without losing anything. the reason for that is they really didn't lose the weight they thought they had in the first place - it was only water, and thus not sustainable.

i personally believe 2 lbs a week is pushing the upper limit on true, sustainable weight loss. that's a thousand calorie a day deficit, which means you are busting your butt dieting and exercising. i wouldn't worry about how long it takes. eat right, and exercise, and you'll get there when you get there. unrealistic expectations will only result in failure.

thanks,man
    Be a Champion
    OBSESSED WITH PERFECTION
    On my trunk I have green tent(same color as truck) and on tent I have "Lil Swole"It cost 595.00

Full-Time Hardcore
    I will rest when die
    I will work while alive
    stats:
    arms 16 3/4
    legs 26 7/8
    chest 45
    waist 31.5
    120% DEDICATION
    Think what you want to think but I am the only one that know what I look like and how dedicated I am on the boards.

There always somebody out there training harder then you and it's me I take myself to the limit.I give it my best...what about u?

NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50) NicktheRoofer will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but what if your taking an ECA Stack and other fat-loss supplements? they say it SPEEDS fat loss, but isnt speeding it bad? Some supplements claim its 6 times better than dieting (back in hydroxycutt ephedra days). and you got people losing 6-7 pounds a week from dieting and supplementing alone. "WOW i lost 28 pounds in 4 weeks" you hear that alot. but isnt that a big no no?

sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawastea has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I voted yes...he didn't specify fat, just overall weight. Papayamon has a good point. Legally, it is TOUGH to lose 3 lbs of fat while maintaining muscle. You can go the illegal route and it will come off

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by NicktheRoofer
    but what if your taking an ECA Stack and other fat-loss supplements? they say it SPEEDS fat loss, but isnt speeding it bad? Some supplements claim its 6 times better than dieting (back in hydroxycutt ephedra days). and you got people losing 6-7 pounds a week from dieting and supplementing alone. "WOW i lost 28 pounds in 4 weeks" you hear that alot. but isnt that a big no no?
    It's muscletech after all

If you lose more than 2 lbs. a week, then you are burning muscle and losing water. Contrary to what companies want you to believe, you can only pull so much fat from storage every week.

"Hollywood diet" anyone?

UpinSJC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I say yes with a caveat.

For some people who are extremely over weight with a very high bf% they can creat enough of a caloric deficit through reduced calories, exercise and maybe an eca stack that they will lose more than 3 lbs of fat per week for a while. I just refuse to believe that the human body would waste muscle for energy when so much fat is readily available. Once the body gets used to a sensible diet and exercise, then I agree that the mathematical deficit cannot be maintained and it is around 2 lbs of fat per week any more would be muscle.

One last point. I read lots and lots of posts talking about 2 lbs and any more being muscle. I know a lot of very very overweight people that would gladly sacrafice some muscle to get the weight off their mid seciton or their chest. I guess its the difference of a 30% BF % person asking the question and a 9% BF % Person answering it. Noit flaming anyone, because I agree with the responses, I'm just trying to maybe put some of these folks questions in perspective.

derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) derekmac has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally posted by UpinSJC
    I say yes with a caveat.

For some people who are extremely over weight with a very high bf% they can creat enough of a caloric deficit through reduced calories, exercise and maybe an eca stack that they will lose more than 3 lbs of fat per week for a while. I just refuse to believe that the human body would waste muscle for energy when so much fat is readily available. Once the body gets used to a sensible diet and exercise, then I agree that the mathematical deficit cannot be maintained and it is around 2 lbs of fat per week any more would be muscle.

One last point. I read lots and lots of posts talking about 2 lbs and any more being muscle. I know a lot of very very overweight people that would gladly sacrafice some muscle to get the weight off their mid seciton or their chest. I guess its the difference of a 30% BF % person asking the question and a 9% BF % Person answering it. Noit flaming anyone, because I agree with the responses, I'm just trying to maybe put some of these folks questions in perspective.
    You do have a point, as a severely obese person will be less apt to care about losing excess muscle; their concern is to drop the fat first.

For those of us who need to drop just a few pounds, the 2 lb. guideline is a good rule of thumb.

what is the most one of you lost in a week?
    Be a Champion
    OBSESSED WITH PERFECTION

Full-Time Hardcore
    I will rest when die
    I will work while alive
    stats:
    arms 16 3/4
    legs 26 7/8
    chest 45
    waist 31.5
    120% DEDICATION

SunOfEris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by UpinSJC
    I say yes with a caveat.

UpinSJC has a good point. I have a very high % bf, and I personnally have lost an average of 3 pounds / week for the last 3 1/2 months, while at the same time seeing strength gains (not new to weight lifting so these are not muscle receptor increases). This is without any ECA stack, or actually thermogenics at all (unless you count my moring coffee). This doesn't prove that all 3 pounds are fat loss, however in absence of other criteria I'd say it's a good indicator.

For those who are obese it's much easier to still get all the protein the lean muscle mass needs, while keeping (or at least close to) a 10,500 caloric deficit. I'm sure the average will begin to tapper off as I my bf% drops, but to answer the question on point. Yes, I do believe, if the circumstances are right, you can loose three pounds of fat in a week.

SunOfEris

mytaytay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am in the middle of my cutting cycle and have lost 80lbs in about 5-1/2 months. That's roughly 3-4 pounds per week. Sure, I may have lost some muscle, and water.....but it's possible...especially if you have a lot of weight to lose and are truly dedicated.
    Last edited by mytaytay; 07-30-2003 at 05:54 PM.

JesseCuster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by NicktheRoofer
    I do believe that it will help speed your metabolism. I have used a thermogenic pill and experienced increased energy, sweating just by standing up, and it wasn't all that pleasant.

Now I try to stay away unless I am REALLY tired and need a perk.

They won't help burn fat, per se. They will help burn......whatever. This includes your muscle.

Slow and steady wins the race.
    Space for rent.