Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Korte's 3x3 system

Anybody tried this? What do you guys think of this program? I tried searching for other threads regarding this subject but couldn't find any. He claims to put 50 lbs on your total in 8 weeks, and it's really heavy on just the big 3, no accessory stuff (which actually sounds kinda appealing right now).

The only issues I have with it is you only use as much energy as needed to complete the lift, even if it's light. So DE and comp. acceleration goes right out the window. He seems to have borrowed a little from Louie, too.

Comments?

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/korte.htm
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Antaeus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Oh yeah I forgot to say that what I like about it is that you do the big 3 together in one workout, 3 times a week. So it mimics a competition environment. Especially during "Phase II" when u start to go heavy.

Also I want to stop using mirrors. I want to do all my squats and deads facing out towards the gym. I hate to admit it but having no mirror and 50 ppl staring at me was kinda freaky.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000) matt_T is just really nice. (+1000)
    i have read a lot of routines based on this system though they dealt mostly with olympic routines. i had a coach in college that prescribed something similar to this with olympic lifts (he used a 5x3) but added squats and all of his athletes saw results. he always said that the o-lifts weren't merely exercises they were complex athletic events that needed to be practiced, and this system translates that philosophy to powerlifting. i am sure that this will widen your strength base if you decide to follow it. good luck. oh, btw, this system is as old as the hills and i have read of bbers such as bill pearl and reg park using such a routine. will you add any partial movements? they always seem to help, but with such a volume might not be easily tolerated.
    "In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result." - James Allen

"He who cannot obey himself will be commanded. This is the nature of living creatures" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally posted by matt_T
    i have read a lot of routines based on this system though they dealt mostly with olympic routines. i had a coach in college that prescribed something similar to this with olympic lifts (he used a 5x3) but added squats and all of his athletes saw results. he always said that the o-lifts weren't merely exercises they were complex athletic events that needed to be practiced, and this system translates that philosophy to powerlifting. i am sure that this will widen your strength base if you decide to follow it. good luck. oh, btw, this system is as old as the hills and i have read of bbers such as bill pearl and reg park using such a routine. will you add any partial movements? they always seem to help, but with such a volume might not be easily tolerated.
    yeah it seems like an old program but new to me! I always thought my form was pretty good but during maximal attempts it got pretty ugly. This system basically pounds form into you. Actually I really like pin deads and board presses and such, but it seems like all I've been doing is partials or variations. I've done hardly any regular squatting, benching, or deading in the last two months, and the variations didn't seem to carry over. At the meet I got on the bench fresh from a 280 decline, and missed 245. So essentially it didn't help. So I might give all the accessory and partial stuff a break for a while.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

!Karins Xtreme Powerwear! Deejay_Spike's Avatar
    Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Deejay_Spike has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Korte's system has pro's and cons.
    i'm doing a program like that, but it's different. when you go light, make it DE

also, when you go a bit heavy, it's badass, it's hard !

one thing you should keep in mind with such a program is FORM.

form form form, join a hardcore powerlifters gym and have your form checked everytime.

also, there's nothing stopping you to do a few assistance exercises after your workout, like i do.

Originally posted by Deejay_Spike
    Korte's system has pro's and cons.
    i'm doing a program like that, but it's different. when you go light, make it DE

also, when you go a bit heavy, it's badass, it's hard !

one thing you should keep in mind with such a program is FORM.

form form form, join a hardcore powerlifters gym and have your form checked everytime.

also, there's nothing stopping you to do a few assistance exercises after your workout, like i do.
    yeah my squat sucked b/c my form went out the window going heavy. I spent so much time on a box learning form at 60%, when I went heavy my body reacted differently - like my brain said I couldn't sit back...

Korte says NO assistence at all, but I'd still like to do:

GHRs <--just getting the hang of these
    SLDL
    CG bench

The other two are close mimic movements with high carryover, I think.
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

markieb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my results with this program were bench 255 -270 squat 405-to 445 squats 345to 455 I had real good luck but I finished my cycle and now I will concentrate on running the two miles but as soon as reach my goal of 17.00 minutes I will probably do every other week then the other week I will do strongman training and see how it works .

Originally posted by markieb
    my results with this program were bench 255 -270 squat 405-to 445 squats 345to 455 I had real good luck but I finished my cycle and now I will concentrate on running the two miles but as soon as reach my goal of 17.00 minutes I will probably do every other week then the other week I will do strongman training and see how it works .
    So you went from a 1005 to 1170 in 8 weeks?!?!?!? Did you follow Korte exactly - all the %s Phase I & II etc., or did you throw in stuff?? Man that is f'n impressive...
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Antaeus

I just lurk here mostly but I just started the 3x3 last night. My legs are so sore I can't stand to touch them. I am going to follow it for 8 weeks pretty much as written. I may add a bit of upper back work like rear delt raises or something like that. Last Friday I maxed out on the following Olympic style high bar squat- 385x1(ass to the floor no belt) 270x1 bench (no shirt or wraps) deadlifts- 465x1(conventional, no belt). I weighed 192lbs@5'5 friday. I am tracking bodyweight gains on this routine also. Good luck and I'll be watching for your reports!

Re: Antaeus

Originally posted by MeatPlow
    I just lurk here mostly but I just started the 3x3 last night. My legs are so sore I can't stand to touch them. I am going to follow it for 8 weeks pretty much as written. I may add a bit of upper back work like rear delt raises or something like that. Last Friday I maxed out on the following Olympic style high bar squat- 385x1(ass to the floor no belt) 270x1 bench (no shirt or wraps) deadlifts- 465x1(conventional, no belt). I weighed 192lbs@5'5 friday. I am tracking bodyweight gains on this routine also. Good luck and I'll be watching for your reports!
    Hey good lifts and let us know how the 3x3 goes. Do you want to stay in the 198s? I'm still trying to decide if I should start 3x3 now or wait till after the meet, or if I should even compete again so soon...
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MeatPlow has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Antaeus

I would actually like to get down to the 181 or a really cut 165lber. I am not competetive at the time so it isn't really important to me. Maybe next year I may try to find a meet to lift in. As far as starting the 3x3 right before you compete, I'd just wait until after, competing is hard enough without complicating it by changing your whole routine.

As far as starting the 3x3 right before you compete, I'd just wait until after, competing is hard enough without complicating it by changing your whole routine.
    Yeah those were my thoughts exactly... but I'm not to happy with westside...
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

Antaeus

I know what you mean with the Westside stuff. My bench jumped up to a 365lbsx1 touch-n-go, while my squats and deadlifts dropped out the bottom. I will probably never use WSB routines as a whole again due to them being to hard and complicated for me to dial them in for perfect returns. I do like a much more simple approach. I am sort of in a tinkering phase right now. I don't really know what I like. I can tell you this I am worried if I'll even be able to squat this evening as I so sore from Mondays workout. I you aren't in good lifting shape it may not be a good idead to try this before a meet because it is a bear.

I know what you mean with the Westside stuff. My bench jumped up to a 365lbsx1 touch-n-go, while my squats and deadlifts dropped out the bottom. I will probably never use WSB routines as a whole again due to them being to hard and complicated for me to dial them in for perfect returns. I do like a much more simple approach. I am sort of in a tinkering phase right now. I don't really know what I like. I can tell you this I am worried if I'll even be able to squat this evening as I so sore from Mondays workout. I you aren't in good lifting shape it may not be a good idead to try this before a meet because it is a bear.
    What did you do on monday?? I do DE squats fri and ME squats mon... I must say my squat & dead went up with wsb but reg. bench didn't change. I just don't think training for speed is beneficial to me right now b/c my absolute strength is so low. I need to work to bring that up...
    405/275/495 @ 181 lbs BW

markieb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    sorryI have been busy with work , that is no assistance work, but strongman training was included 1-2 times a week , the reason why I went with it, it is simple to follow . hope that helps mark

keith626 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was reading an article by wade hanna that said that his bench press decreased using this system. Same thing happened to the webmaster of deepsquatter. I was also going to try this, but now I am hesitant to do so. Instead I am thinking of performing two lifts a day, bench and either squat or deadlift, three days a week. Since the upperbody generally recovers faster i will bench three times a week. ONe of the bench days will be a heavy single day and the other two will be light days. I will be alternating heavy squat and deadlift days every other week, since training both heavy in the same weak would probably be counterproductive. And every weak I will be doing one light/speed days for them both. As for assistance excercises, I will do them every day.

Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ausswolf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by keith626 View Post
    I was reading an article by wade hanna that said that his bench press decreased using this system. Same thing happened to the webmaster of deepsquatter. I was also going to try this, but now I am hesitant to do so. Instead I am thinking of performing two lifts a day, bench and either squat or deadlift, three days a week. Since the upperbody generally recovers faster i will bench three times a week. ONe of the bench days will be a heavy single day and the other two will be light days. I will be alternating heavy squat and deadlift days every other week, since training both heavy in the same weak would probably be counterproductive. And every weak I will be doing one light/speed days for them both. As for assistance excercises, I will do them every day.
    Going to start Korte's in a few days. I think the benching is too light, maybe thats why theirs dropped? I'm going to add 10% onto what he recommends for each week of phase 1, note I'm also a Raw lifter, and ive seen this recommended in programs anyway.
    Also plan to do a couple assistance each day, but not to failure, and easy stuff like arms, abs, etc.

Registered User HollywoodReject's Avatar
    HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HollywoodReject has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would the above Korte program be good for beginners/ guys coming back?

kakemono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kakemono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kakemono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kakemono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kakemono has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My experience with this program, noting that I am a very new lifter (1 yearish):
    Bench 200->220
    Squat 300->335
    Deadlift 335->350

Followed exactly.

showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) showmestate08 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
    My experience with this program, noting that I am a very new lifter (1 yearish):
    Bench 200->220
    Squat 300->335
    Deadlift 335->350

Followed exactly.
    Going to give this routine a shot; will post results in 10 years
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151789213&page=19

BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BigJon55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I ran Korte's 3x3 for about 6 months when I first started lifting. I had really good gains from it but they waned quickly. When I say I first started lifting I mean I first started powerlifting. I had been lifting for football for years and was already decently strong (500ish squat/300ish bench/525ish deadlift) so these weren't newb gains. It does get really boring though.
    1st Strongman Competition May 3rd, 2014

scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) scorpionsf is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    strong 11 year bump here
    gym lifts/competition lifts

squat ???/650
    bench 545/435
    deadlift 600/601

Penn State Powerlifting

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The 3x week DL just seems like too much. I've thought about doing this routine, but why work harder for your gains when you can do TM?
    trying to get strong again

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

For uneventful videos of me lifting
    https://www.instagram.com/jawn.mcintyre/

Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000) Torrtrefireto is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had strong plans to run it and I think it could be done pretty darn well if you can be in the gym that long every day