Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100)

Creatine/BCAA problems

I've been lifting on and off for about 5 months and I've started to take it more seriously.

I'm getting back into some hardcore training, and I've got some money coming my way, so I'll have maybe 12 weeks of gym fee's and some money left over for the supplements I need. so I'm going to go all out and just build as much as I can in that 12 weeks for an initial phase, then evaluate and go from there.

Now I know about protein and stuff I've got that sorted, but i want to get some Creatine and maybe some BCAA's. This is where I'm lost, because I'm no good with nutrition and supplements.

I basically know what Creatine is and what it'll do for me, but I'm having trouble picking a brand, my friend has been lifting for maybe 3 years and he swears by "BSN Cell Mass" and he only takes it pre workout on training days. I've not been able to get a whole lot of sense out of different sources, due to large variety of opinions so what I'm basically asking is...

Any brands of Creatine that have been tried tested and works that I can get in the UK ?

How much and when should I take it ?

My next question is BCAA's, looking at advice pages and stuff, I don't 100% understand them, only that they are "essential" and really help with fat loss, muscle retention and recovery. Are BCAA's really necessary ? would I see a difference between using them and not ?

So again my questions are

Are BCAA's worth it ?

How much BCAA a day and when ?

Thanks guys, would really appreciate some feedback as I am totally confused by all this.

MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Naturalcalum View Post
    I've been lifting on and off for about 5 months and I've started to take it more seriously.

I'm getting back into some hardcore training, and I've got some money coming my way, so I'll have maybe 12 weeks of gym fee's and some money left over for the supplements I need. so I'm going to go all out and just build as much as I can in that 12 weeks for an initial phase, then evaluate and go from there.

Now I know about protein and stuff I've got that sorted, but i want to get some Creatine and maybe some BCAA's. This is where I'm lost, because I'm no good with nutrition and supplements.

I basically know what Creatine is and what it'll do for me, but I'm having trouble picking a brand, my friend has been lifting for maybe 3 years and he swears by "BSN Cell Mass" and he only takes it pre workout on training days. I've not been able to get a whole lot of sense out of different sources, due to large variety of opinions so what I'm basically asking is...

Any brands of Creatine that have been tried tested and works that I can get in the UK ?

How much and when should I take it ?

My next question is BCAA's, looking at advice pages and stuff, I don't 100% understand them, only that they are "essential" and really help with fat loss, muscle retention and recovery. Are BCAA's really necessary ? would I see a difference between using them and not ?

So again my questions are

Are BCAA's worth it ?

How much BCAA a day and when ?

Thanks guys, would really appreciate some feedback as I am totally confused by all this.
    As far as bcaa's go you can't really go wrong with AMINO 1 by musclepharm! It does what it is advertised to do, helps rebuild and recover faster, it helps rehydrate due to added electrolytes and coconut water and it gives a decent amount of aminos per serving, 10 grams.

Now is it actually necessary? That's for the individual to decide, when I took it i feel that i had less soreness the day after. If you do end up giving this a look I would advise you to go with cherry limeade flavor, tastes pretty good. Fruit punch didn't do it for me.

I only use it once a day when I do supplement with it. If I want to take a break from stim pre-work outs I'll usually use this intra-workout and it keeps me going, It gives clean energy, you'll stay awake using this stuff. The Amino's allow your body to carry out all their functions.

Hope this helped you a bit with amino's!

Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100) Naturalcalum is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MPennacchia View Post
    As far as bcaa's go you can't really go wrong with AMINO 1 by musclepharm! It does what it is advertised to do, helps rebuild and recover faster, it helps rehydrate due to added electrolytes and coconut water and it gives a decent amount of aminos per serving, 10 grams.

Now is it actually necessary? That's for the individual to decide, when I took it i feel that i had less soreness the day after. If you do end up giving this a look I would advise you to go with cherry limeade flavor, tastes pretty good. Fruit punch didn't do it for me.

I only use it once a day when I do supplement with it. If I want to take a break from stim pre-work outs I'll usually use this intra-workout and it keeps me going, It gives clean energy, you'll stay awake using this stuff. The Amino's allow your body to carry out all their functions.

Hope this helped you a bit with amino's!
    Great response!, looked the product up on discount supplements, very cheap, I'll atleast give them a try, if i dont feel a difference then I'll know for next time

How much in grams do you take ?, my site only has the pill form, but I think the products are the same

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP are you meeting your protein macro daily? If so, you don't need BCAAs, you're getting plenty. Are you training fasted? If not, you don't need them. If so, there is some science showing some minor benefit.

As for the post above claiming that he used Amino 1 and it helped him rebuild and recover faster, that's called placebo.

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    OP are you meeting your protein macro daily? If so, you don't need BCAAs, you're getting plenty. Are you training fasted? If not, you don't need them. If so, there is some science showing some minor benefit.

As for the post above claiming that he used Amino 1 and it helped him rebuild and recover faster, that's called placebo.
    I cant get near my protein target, going for a minimum of 1g per lb that would mean 233, and i roughly get maybe 150-160, with the feeling if I eat any more I'll be sick

If you mean am I training on a low calorie diet, then no I'm not.

MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MPennacchia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Smile

Great response!, looked the product up on discount supplements, very cheap, I'll atleast give them a try, if i dont feel a difference then I'll know for next time

How much in grams do you take ?, my site only has the pill form, but I think the products are the same
    With amino 1 it gives you 10 grams of bcaa's per serving its a 14 gram scoop. If you go on bb.com you can find a HUGE deal for it, try the buy 2 15 servings get 1 free if you want buddy! You'll get to try out the flavors and thats 45 servings for 30 bucks!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/mu...rm/amino1.html

I haven't actually tried the bcaa pills from muscle pharm. So far i've had assault, combat powder, and amino 1 from them.
    Pretty good company, solid products.

You don't think amino's can help relieve muscle soreness faster?

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I cant get near my protein target, going for a minimum of 1g per lb that would mean 233, and i roughly get maybe 150-160, with the feeling if I eat any more I'll be sick

If you mean am I training on a low calorie diet, then no I'm not.
    This is part of the game man. If you can't eat then this may not be for you. You want to get .8 to 1 gram per lb of LBM. Does that make it easier? Head to the nutrition forums and read the stickies. Figure out TDEE (then if you need a surplus or deficit depending on your goals) and then your macros from there.

You don't think amino's can help relieve muscle soreness faster?
    No. You wouldn't be able to tell as it's all anecdotal. Also, if you're meeting your macro you are getting plenty of aminos. Your claims are placebo.

This is part of the game man. If you can't eat then this may not be for you. You want to get .8 to 1 gram per lb of LBM. Does that make it easier? Head to the nutrition forums and read the stickies. Figure out TDEE (then if you need a surplus or deficit depending on your goals) and then your macros from there.

No. You wouldn't be able to tell as it's all anecdotal. Also, if you're meeting your macro you are getting plenty of aminos. Your claims are placebo.
    Well, my response wasn't meant for a universal guideline.. I was just posting the experience I had with it.

You may not think they help recover and rebuild but how about increasing energy? I would use it after 6 hours of school and 4-6 hours of work and it would help me get through my work out. No caffeine in the product, but it gave clean energy. You don't go from dragging into the gym to being alert from a placebo in my opinion. Again, i highlight OPINION.

Well, my response wasn't meant for a universal guideline.. I was just posting the experience I had with it.
    Actually, you said this:
    It does what it is advertised to do, helps rebuild and recover faster, it helps rehydrate due to added electrolytes and coconut water and it gives a decent amount of aminos per serving, 10 grams...It gives clean energy, you'll stay awake using this stuff. The Amino's allow your body to carry out all their functions.
    This is a claim that Amino Acids actually do these things including "give clean energy." Not true, and any anecdotal results you might have had were placebo or could easily be contributed to a high protein diet, drinking coffee, and many other things.

You may not think they help recover and rebuild but how about increasing energy?
    LOL, no.

I would use it after 6 hours of school and 4-6 hours of work and it would help me get through my work out. No caffeine in the product, but it gave clean energy. You don't go from dragging into the gym to being alert from a placebo in my opinion. Again, i highlight OPINION.
    Of course you do. You obviously don't understand what placebo means. If in your OPINION it does something and you believe it, and then have those feeling when in reality amino acids don't do those things, then it's placebo.

Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10) Montourage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't think they are worth it IMHO. I used to take L-glutamine separately but have recently gone away from that given it's already in the protein powders I buy. All those aminos are in any protein powder you might purchase. Your body will pull what it needs out of it. So I see it as a bit redundant, it's like paying three times as much or more to break down protein into it's parts when your body does this for free.

As far as creatine goes I'm trying out Con-Crete myself right now. Haven't used it long enough to have an opinion about it but the major brands are starting to incorporate it into their formulas. Assault...Cell Tech... Good luck to you!

PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PappaBear76 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Check out all the benefits of MuscleTechs Anabolic Halo.
    I am finishing up a tub and am very impressed. No DOMS! Great lasting pumps, recovery has been better than expected, and I have maintained a consistent body weight while tightening up the belt and dropping a pant size. You have to try it to believe it. After just a couple days you can feel the product working.
    Last edited by PappaBear76; 02-13-2013 at 09:46 PM.