Registered User TylerDurdenecto's Avatar
    TylerDurdenecto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph -> losing body fat while maintaining muscle mass

To start, this is my first thread on this forum

My problem is that I am a true ectomorph, with maybe a little meso cause I do have quite some natural muscle which works well with my low body fat; around 9% since 3 years.
    I am having a real hard time gaining more muscle tissue, but very slowly I'm starting to see some progress, enough to encourage me. The down side is that by eating a massive amount of food troughout the day in order to gain muscle, I noticed that my fat percentage is growing along.
    It's still quite low, maybe 10-11, but my real goal when I started working out was getting the Tyler Durden body, see my nickname, and I am following a workout based upon Brad Pitt's workout for fight club, so my fat percentage has to drop to a least 6% so I can look really ripped without having to grow massive muscles. Now, I'm an ecto, and when I'm doing too much cardio it will eat away my hard-gained muscles, and I would do anything to avoid this.

To conclude, does anyone have some tips to reach my goal? I'm guessing I will have to modify my diet, but how, and are there any other options?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Eat moar, do less (or no) cardio.

Unless you count calories and macros, you can never really be in control of your diet.

Registered User TylerDurdenecto's Avatar
    TylerDurdenecto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Eat moar, do less (or no) cardio.

Unless you count calories and macros, you can never really be in control of your diet.
    But the point is not the eating, and I do see slow gaining of my mass, but I wanna make my body fat drop while maintaining my muscles

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    In that case, reduce calories, maintain high protein level and keep weight training.

KingBane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TylerDurdenecto View Post
    To start, this is my first thread on this forum

My problem is that I am a true ectomorph, with maybe a little meso cause I do have quite some natural muscle which works well with my low body fat; around 9% since 3 years.
    I am having a real hard time gaining more muscle tissue, but very slowly I'm starting to see some progress, enough to encourage me. The down side is that by eating a massive amount of food troughout the day in order to gain muscle, I noticed that my fat percentage is growing along.
    It's still quite low, maybe 10-11, but my real goal when I started working out was getting the Tyler Durden body, see my nickname, and I am following a workout based upon Brad Pitt's workout for fight club, so my fat percentage has to drop to a least 6% so I can look really ripped without having to grow massive muscles. Now, I'm an ecto, and when I'm doing too much cardio it will eat away my hard-gained muscles, and I would do anything to avoid this.

To conclude, does anyone have some tips to reach my goal? I'm guessing I will have to modify my diet, but how, and are there any other options?
    Eat Clean carbs ( potatoes , oats, sweet potatoes) the 2nd two are better and reduce salts in ur food, and dont eat excess protein make sure its 1g per lbs and dont do cardio this should keep ur from gaining fat.

Originally Posted by KingBane View Post
    Eat Clean carbs ( potatoes , oats, sweet potatoes) the 2nd two are better and reduce salts in ur food, and dont eat excess protein make sure its 1g per lbs and dont do cardio this should keep ur from gaining fat.
    Er, no. gaining fat happens when you are in an excessive caloric surplus. It has nothing to do with choice of carbs or being precise with your protein macro (you can have more than sufficiency but less is not recommended).

AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AntonisD is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Height? Weight?
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

ISSA CFT