Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    IFBB Pro Bodybuilder dustyhanshaw's Avatar
    dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)

Successful show

Got back late from this weekends NPC San Diego Classic. For once it was a relaxing weekend for me because I did not have any clients in the show but my wife had one in the figure open class C. This was their first show working together and only Nicole's second show ever competing so needless to say I was very happy when she won both her class and the overall title.

Here is a pic with Evian and NicoleEvi and Nicole.jpg

dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Quick question...I hate clicking links...how do i manage my attachments here so when I post a pic you can see it in the post without clicking the link?

Just finished up a late night arm and abdominal workout. For years I have been an early morning trainer (5:00am) but I am quickly seeing that I like the late night training much better. Obviously I have a lot more strength after having eaten 4-5 meals prior to heading into the gym to train. Today prior to training I had eaten:

M1-
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    1 cup oats
    2 pop tarts

M2-
    12oz sirloin
    3 cups rice

M3-
    10oz ground turkey
    2 cups rice

M4-
    10oz turkey
    2 cups rice

pre workout
    1 scoop compete
    1 scoop maximize intense
    1 scoop Hemavol

Train

Now I am knocking out my post workout shake and will have another 12oz flank and greens before taking my 2 Lights Out and crashing for the night

Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Squatticus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dustyhanshaw View Post
    Quick question...I hate clicking links...how do i manage my attachments here so when I post a pic you can see it in the post without clicking the link?
    put the link to the pic between [img]link here[/img]
    IG: kenneth_prime

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    you need to upload the picture to a website like imgur.com or any other image hosting website, then take the image link itself, and put it between

"[img]" "[/img]"

just remove the " " " "'s
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sharkweek50 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just finished up a late night arm and abdominal workout. For years I have been an early morning trainer (5:00am) but I am quickly seeing that I like the late night training much better. Obviously I have a lot more strength after having eaten 4-5 meals prior to heading into the gym to train. Today prior to training I had eaten:

M1-
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    1 cup oats
    2 pop tarts
    Dusty, Is there a reason you eat the pop tarts and the oats? Do you purposefully want some fast and slow digesting carbs for your first meal? Or is it just because 2-3 cups of oats sucks to eat every morning?

Just curious, thanks man.
    **Kneedraggers Crew**
    ** Misc Firearms Crew**

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't eat Pop Tarts because I have to, I do it because I back load and I like the taste.

NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

Originally Posted by sharkweek50 View Post
    Dusty, Is there a reason you eat the pop tarts and the oats? Do you purposefully want some fast and slow digesting carbs for your first meal? Or is it just because 2-3 cups of oats sucks to eat every morning?

Just curious, thanks man.
    Typically it is just because to me a carb is a carb but I will admit that during precontest I only eat them when I am getting a higher calorie day because the rest of the time I am starving so I want as much substance as possible so I go back to the 2 cups of oats etc...

Originally Posted by Squatticus View Post
    put the link to the pic between [img]link here[/img]
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    you need to upload the picture to a website like imgur.com or any other image hosting website, then take the image link itself, and put it between

"[img]" "[/img]"

just remove the " " " "'s
    Thanks guys. I literally sat there for five minutes trying to understand why it was not working. #notsosmart

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thoughts on splitting legs? (quads one day...hamstrings a different day).

caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks guys. I literally sat there for five minutes trying to understand why it was not working. #notsosmart
    I had to search the forums for the answer. I have a notepad file with all forum commands and effects so that I don't have to scratch my head anymore.

Never seen confetti pop tarts here.
    Goldlist User

***Yes I Live in Canada***

Be the change you want to see in others.

The Cavemans Master Review/Log thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152244983&p=1033448083#post1033448083

Originally Posted by SoftballNerd View Post
    Thoughts on splitting legs? (quads one day...hamstrings a different day).
    Chris split them for me because it allows me to give every ounce of energy I have into the one muscle group with no need to "save anything" or to let anything be done half ass because i am exhausted from the first movement.

Back in Venice

Once again I am out in Venice Ca to train at the Mecca with Chris Cormier. I have only been working with Chris for about two months and have only been in the gym training with him about six times but I have taken everything he showed me and have been putting it all into good use and it is showing on my physique already. As many of you know Chris went to his good friend Dorian Yates when he was considering making a comeback a few years ago and although he never did make it back to the stage he did take a lot of what he learned training with Dorian and has been passing that along with his own variations of his training down to athletes for the last few years at Golds Venice.

Since I have started training with Chris the biggest changes include the fact that my form on a lot of movements is completely different as far as how I set the seat, how I stand, where I focus on the contraction, and even how I let the weight fall into the stretch. He also has me VERY focused on how I move the weight with every rep. Rather than just heaving a crapload of weight around I am very focused on the contraction of each rep, the negative speed, the stretch, and the explosion through the positive portion of the movement. These changes have forced me to really cut back on the weight I am using but so far I am really loving the changes that I am feeling during the workouts as well as the changes I am seeing so far with my physique.

This morning was our first back training day together and although I had already really modified how I was performing each rep from start to finish he still had plenty of changes for me to make with how I positioned my body on each movement. By the end of the workout my forearms were so smoked from all of the rowing that I was literally feeling the weight slipping out of my fingers with each rep.

Now I have about 30 minutes before I need to head back to Golds for a 90 minute posing practice with Chris. I dread this more than anything because like all bodybuilders I am my own worst critic and there is nothing worse than having to pose when you are paste white and in the dead of your off season BUT I also know that presentation is a huge weakness of mine and if I want to see my placings change I had better suck it up and learn how to perform on stage as well as how to present my physique to it's greatest potential.

DH~8

Just finished up another successful weekend in Venice training with Chris Cormier. Our final workout of the weekend was delts and like always his way was a ton different than how I had been doing everything. The majority of the changes we just in where I was holding the DB's, machines, or BB's but a couple of the movements I had never done before.

On the smythe press he had me take a lot more narrow grip and keep my elbows facing forward throughout the movement rather than letting them drift outwards. By keeping the elbows in front of me I was keeping the majority of the tension in my front delts. The other alteration was that he set the stoppers so that I could bring the BB down to just about chest level before it would hit the stoppers. At this point he had me take all pressure off of the bar before exploding the weight upwards as hard as I could...squeezing for a two count at the top and then slowly lowering the weight back to the starting position.

As most of you know the first rep on a hammer shoulder press is the hardest rep because you are moving the weight from a dead stop. What we were doing here is activating those "start muscles" by essentially making every rep "the first rep." By the time we were done with our five sets there my delts felt fried and we were just getting started. From there we did 5 sets of machine side laterals, 3 supersets of two variations or rear DB laterals, and 3 sets of a BB rear lateral movement. Needless to say I learned three new movements, two different variations of movements I had already been doing, and because of this I am already feeling the pain set into the muscle.

DH~8

caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I can only Imagine doing sets of dead starts. Doing freestanding BB shoulder presses was immense today and that first one was a killer.
    Goldlist User

***Yes I Live in Canada***

Be the change you want to see in others.

The Cavemans Master Review/Log thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152244983&p=1033448083#post1033448083

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Cormier's a boss - I'd love to train in the same gym as you two, but I'd be left in the dust.
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.