Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    IFBB Pro Bodybuilder dustyhanshaw's Avatar
    dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)

Mr iForce Dusty Hanshaw...This is how I do it!

I've been getting a lot of emails asking me to keep a blog leading into the USA's that will give people a better feel of the process that I personally go through leading into shows. After thinking about it I decided to give it a go so if you are interested in following along be sure to check back regularly because I will be posting at least four times per week and will be answering questions daily.

At the moment I am 23 weeks and three days out from the 2013 USA's in Las Vegas. It has been 2 1/2 years since I made a pretty good splash at the 2010 NPC Jr Nats and USA's and since then I have had two shows and neither have panned out well for me. This year obviously i am looking to change all of that and within this thread I will share as much of the journey as I can as well as who I have on my "team" making the decisions on my training, diet, cardio, and supplementation.

As it will be until I retire I have "The Technician" Chris Aceto controlling all decisions on diet, cardio, and supplements. Prior to this year I have always been working with Dante Trudel on my training and although I love his programs, all he has done for me, and still look to him for advice on the regular (not to mention he is a personal friend) I have decided for the first time ever to hire a personal trainer who will literally be writing all of my workouts and even training me a few times a month between now and the USA's. After sitting down with a lot of awesome trainers I felt the best connection and shared my vision best with Chris Cormier. I hired him about two weeks ago and will be discussing my training with him often and visiting him in Venice at least 1-2 times a month for both training and posing between now and the USA's. Hiring Cormier has already proven to be a great decision and I have great faith that hi gives me the best odds of bringing up my lacking bodyparts, bringing down my waistline, and learning how to better present myself on stage.

I look forward to sharing my journey with you here and hope that you will ask questions and make comments along the way.

DH

dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000) dustyhanshaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Finally time to get this prep started!!! 22 weeks until show time! In Venice this weekend working with Chris Cormier on both training and posing. Obviously Cormier's primary focus is bringing up my quads and working on my posing to bring my waist in while on stage.

Now North of Westside UncleWade's Avatar
    UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In on this!

Your physique, training, and undying love for Pop Tarts is inspiring!
    NOV || Ohio Chapter || Be more, have less.

Powered by Ben & Jerry's.

A lot of people ask me about my diet at this stage so here it is.

M1-
    1 scoop Compete
    1 scoop Maximize Inntense
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    2 cups oats
    2 pop tarts

Train
    2 scoops iForce Compete

M2-
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    2 pop tarts

M3-
    10oz lean ground turkey
    2 cups jasmine rice
    2 Athletic Multi

M4-
    10oz lean ground turkey
    2 cups jasmine rice

M5-
    10oz chicken
    1 cup rice

M6-
    12oz flank
    8oz green beans

2 lights out

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Can't wait to follow along and see what it really takes to get prepped for a show this size
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

Originally Posted by UncleWade View Post
    In on this!

Lol, who doesn't love a confetti cake pop tart

shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In on this!

This... I also love the fact that dusty makes food look delicious. You got to love the flank steak! I wish my Costco here sold it haha
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167450201

-I need a new avi

BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BumpingBalt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In on this..................
    **MISC LIFTING CREW**
    **Cologne Crew**
    **Muay Thai & BJJ Crew**

Allmax- DAA log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152136953

Iforce - Hemavol log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152370203

UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) UncleWade has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dustyhanshaw View Post
    A lot of people ask me about my diet at this stage so here it is.

M1-
    1 scoop Compete
    1 scoop Maximize Inntense
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    2 cups oats
    2 pop tarts

Train
    2 scoops iForce Compete

M2-
    3 scoops iForce Protean
    2 pop tarts

M3-
    10oz lean ground turkey
    2 cups jasmine rice
    2 Athletic Multi

M4-
    10oz lean ground turkey
    2 cups jasmine rice

M5-
    10oz chicken
    1 cup rice

M6-
    12oz flank
    8oz green beans

2 lights out
    That looks fantastic to my college-kid eye. What's your favorite flavor of Protean?

That looks fantastic to my college-kid eye. What's your favorite flavor of Protean?
    I'm addicted to the Vanilla Mint Swirl...I swear it tastes like melted ice cream! I also use the cupcake batter to make the most bomb protein cupcakes the world has ever seen.

Heading back to Az after a weekend of posing and training in the Mecca with Chris Cormier. Weekend was insane and I got my ass kicked so I am crawling home and knocking down as much Compete as possible to get recovered before tomorrow morning when I am back in the gym.

I have three training mornings left before heading to Ohio for the Arnold Classic where I will be getting a ton of pics and updates for the thread along with a lot of iForce videos which you will see on the iForce Nutrition Face Book page.

If there is anyone in particular that you would
    Like me to try and get an interview with let me know here.

DH
    Attached Images

I have three training mornings left before heading to Ohio for the Arnold Classic where I will be getting a ton of pics and updates for the thread along with a lot of iForce videos which you will see on the iForce Nutrition Face Book page.
    Hopefully we'll see you in Columbus - would love to get a chance to meet you (as a fan and iForce rep). I'll be coming back in from Florida on Saturday evening, I'll probably be at the show Sunday since I attend a college in Columbus. Have a safe trip, keep kicking ass!

Hopefully we'll see you in Columbus - would love to get a chance to meet you (as a fan and iForce rep). I'll be coming back in from Florida on Saturday evening, I'll probably be at the show Sunday since I attend a college in Columbus. Have a safe trip, keep kicking ass!
    Thx for the support. I'm there until Sunday night so I am sure we'll catch up

SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoftballNerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Finally time to get this prep started!!! 22 weeks until show time! In Venice this weekend working with Chris Cormier on both training and posing. Obviously Cormier's primary focus is bringing up my quads and working on my posing to bring my waist in while on stage.
    Heading back to Az after a weekend of posing and training in the Mecca with Chris Cormier. Weekend was insane and I got my ass kicked so I am crawling home and knocking down as much Compete as possible to get recovered before tomorrow morning when I am back in the gym.

If there is anyone in particular that you would
    Like me to try and get an interview with let me know here.

DH

Thx for the support. I'm there until Sunday night so I am sure we'll catch up
    Awesome. Quick question, are you still training using Doggcrapp? Over have you begun other types of training (do you ever switch during contest prep, for example)?

caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000) caveycavey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interested and following along. Got me some Costco green beans this weekend certainly not as many as you though. They taste great.
    Goldlist User

***Yes I Live in Canada***

Be the change you want to see in others.

The Cavemans Master Review/Log thread.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152244983&p=1033448083#post1033448083

Awesome. Quick question, are you still training using Doggcrapp? Over have you begun other types of training (do you ever switch during contest prep, for example)?
    I am currently using a completely different training for the first time in years. Cormier has me on a high intensity training style with extremely controlled negatives. So far I am really liking the change BUT I will always credit DC Training for getting me to the size I am today.

Originally Posted by caveycavey View Post
    Interested and following along. Got me some Costco green beans this weekend certainly not as many as you though. They taste great.
    When you are dieting these things become your best friend that is for sure

Well, tomorrow is exactly 20 weeks out from the 2013 NPC USA's and things are starting to get real. Between knowing that prep is starting in just a few weeks and the fact that I just got back from my first appearance of the 2013 season at the Arnold Classic I know that bodybuilding is back in full swing for the year. Having the Arnold take place at this point in my off season was perfect because between meeting so many awesome fans, spending time with my friends who are already pro, and being back stage at the Arnold I was given about all of the additional motivation I could have wanted.

One thing that is a little different now with my prep is that due to appearance schedule I have had to learn how to balance my training and diet while still living up to the comittments of my travel dates. While I love the opportunity to meet all of the fans I do miss the days of just being able to go into the trenches and disappear for 16 weeks leading into a show. For the past two seasons I have struggled with the balance but now...FINALLY...I feel confident that I will be able to both be a great representative of iForce and athlete getting ready for the biggest show of my life.

I guess only time will tell if i am right.

DH~8

I am currently using a completely different training for the first time in years. Cormier has me on a high intensity training style with extremely controlled negatives. So far I am really liking the change BUT I will always credit DC Training for getting me to the size I am today.
    I followed a three-day split for quite some time and saw some nice progress, will probably return soon. I've been using Mountain Dog training after seeing another iForce athlete, Tim Terwillinger, using it with some success - definitely intrigued me.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, good luck with your prep! I'm sure myself and the rest of the team are wishing you nothing but the best.

For other posters that stray into this thread, be sure to follow Dusty on ******** as well (https://www.********.com/pages/Dusty...fref=ts)...his posts are motivational, informational, and entertaining...definitely worth a 'LIKE'.