ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ConnorJS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why full body for beginner?

I am currently doing a 3 day split - Chest/triceps, Back/biceps, Shoulders/legs. Recovery is fine and I am managing to go to the gym every day and do a good 1hr-1hr 30min workout. If I did a full body workout I could only train 2-4 times a week whereas at the moment I am training 6/7 days a week. I have only been back to the gym (after losing all my gains from when I used to train) for about 2 weeks but have already noticed some gains and I have recieved my creatine and whey protein today which should help with that. So am I okay doing a split routine or should I do full body (and why)?

Another quick question is why does everyone advocate 'starting strength' workouts? I didn't like the look of the babylovers SS.

Aspiring Powerlifter Sebastianc2012's Avatar
    Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sebastianc2012 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As a beginner your body can make a ton of improvements and gains easier, so training a full body 3 times a week lets you train every body part 3 times a week instead of 2 times on your current split.

Also as a beginner your body doesn't need tons of volume for just one muscle or group, maybe once you're to the point of gains slowing then switch to a split. This is because, the muscle is still generally far from being anywhere near its maximum potential, the closer.you get to that, the more volume yoi will need.

And people advocate blss and such for.the strength gains, and to take advantage of the large improvements beginners can make in the form of linear gains.

Dont think because you have worked out for a few weeks that youre not a beginner anymore, I'm still consider myself one.

And theres always more to learn, no matter how perfect you think your form is or how experienced you are.

Good luck with your goals, etc
    Current/goal

Bw: 177/198
    Bench: 155/185
    Squat: 255/315
    Deadlift: 300/405

Yet to compete.

tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ConnorJS View Post
    I am currently doing a 3 day split - Chest/triceps, Back/biceps, Shoulders/legs. Recovery is fine and I am managing to go to the gym every day and do a good 1hr-1hr 30min workout. If I did a full body workout I could only train 2-4 times a week whereas at the moment I am training 6/7 days a week. I have only been back to the gym (after losing all my gains from when I used to train) for about 2 weeks but have already noticed some gains and I have recieved my creatine and whey protein today which should help with that. So am I okay doing a split routine or should I do full body (and why)?

Another quick question is why does everyone advocate 'starting strength' workouts? I didn't like the look of the babylovers SS.
    Frequency > quality of workouts
    For example as a beginner you don't need alot of exercises for your chest and others too grow. Frequency far more important

tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tdlfctnn123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sebastianc2012 View Post
    As a beginner your body can make a ton of improvements and gains easier, so training a full body 3 times a week lets you train every body part 3 times a week instead of 2 times on your current split.

Also as a beginner your body doesn't need tons of volume for just one muscle or group, maybe once you're to the point of gains slowing then switch to a split. This is because, the muscle is still generally far from being anywhere near its maximum potential, the closer.you get to that, the more volume yoi will need.

And people advocate blss and such for.the strength gains, and to take advantage of the large improvements beginners can make in the form of linear gains.

Dont think because you have worked out for a few weeks that youre not a beginner anymore, I'm still consider myself one.

And theres always more to learn, no matter how perfect you think your form is or how experienced you are.

Good luck with your goals, etc
    Just read this, very good advice for op!

Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000) Lastman13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    In addition to what's said above,

Beginners also need to build up a base. They need to harden their central nervous system by performing the exercises frequently.
    The better your CNS, the more muscle fibers you can recruit, and therefore the more weight you can move. As a beginner, your CNS is unprepared and untrained for lifting. By lifting frequently, you train your CNS to recruit more muscle fibers. That's partly why beginners can make huge strength gains early on.