danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) danielaq12 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Should i still be getting sore?

Ive been lifting for a year now, and i still get sore the day after my workouts. Sometimes i can still feel it two days after. I saw a lot of people say that most people dont get too sore anymore after lifting for a while. I know that everybodys body responds differently, but could i possibly be overtraining or not getting enough rest? I sleep only 6 hours a each night so i probably should bump that up to 7 at least

rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50) rkalsow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Being sore can be a good thing. It can also be a bad thing. You don't need to feel sore to be breaking down enough muscle fiber. Just keep doing what you are doing and yes, I would up the rest a bit.
    “You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth than go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers sayin’, you ain’t where you wanna be because of him or her or anybody!"
    -Rocky Balboa

Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rpkc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being Sore is great, shows you pushed your self and building muscles still.
    if your sore 24/7 then that might be a prob
    "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.'' -Muhammad Ali
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." ~Arnold
    Pain is what makes us stronger, When you think of giving up because of that Pain remember, Pain is a group of Transformation.It's not about talent, It's about heart.. Pain Is Temporary But Glory Is forever.

Registered User ruben.rodrigues's Avatar
    ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10) ruben.rodrigues is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by danielaq12 View Post
    Ive been lifting for a year now, and i still get sore the day after my workouts. Sometimes i can still feel it two days after. I saw a lot of people say that most people dont get too sore anymore after lifting for a while. I know that everybodys body responds differently, but could i possibly be overtraining or not getting enough rest? I sleep only 6 hours a each night so i probably should bump that up to 7 at least
    You should get sore if you do the sames exercises for a long period of time. I only get sore if I change my workout or stop training for a while. However, I love when I get sore! I kind of envy you

If you are doing the same exercises with the same weight for some time and still getting sore you might have a problem recovering.

nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50) nick87c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Feeling sore is always good and a rewarding feeling. I'm 19 and sometimes I feel sore, very sore after a specific workout but then the next week I may not do. Usually, this varies with the weight used etc, but feeling sore is always a good sign, regardless of how long or little you have been lifting. If you don't feel sore, doesn't mean you didn't work hard enough though.

For example after I train biceps, my biceps are never sore but after back day, my biceps are killing me.

BCAAs (Branch Chain Ammino Acids) help reduce DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) which is that exact soreness you feel after a workout. I wouldn't say you need them though, save your money but I've tried them and they do reduce soreness a bit.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck with your training