lifelearner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation 6’4 236 and 36 yrs old. How can I improve? Help I only have my own perspective.

Hopefully I even made this thread correctly and hopefully it reaches who it needs to reach to help me achieve better results and maybe my results look fine but I’m just not where I want to be, I need some direction.

I was always a runner / cardio guy till 33 then a friend suggested I lift. I never lifted before that (ever). I started slow and steady. I’ve scoured this message board, did the bigger leaner stronger program, did the basic program in here (forget the name excuse me) I’ve kept track of macros, I stay active and I lift 3-5 days a week. Compound lifts. Not too much cardio anymore but I do love biking, swimming and hiking whenever I can.

The handheld bodyfat calculator at the gym says I’m 22% bodyfat.

My workouts are usually a compound lift 3-5 sets of 4-6 reps with accompanying workouts with it chest day I’ll also do incline dumbbell, dips and and some back. Legs would be squat, press, hams, calfs. I use a iwatch and take a strict 1 minute break between sets. I drink BCAA during my routine.

bench 185 x 5
    squat 240 x 5
    deadlift 315 x 3-5
    overhead press 115 x 5
    Leg press 540 x 8-10
    Row 155 x 8

I eat 2000 - 3000 calories a day depending on my hunger. Usually

80-160g protein
    50-100g fat
    150-200g carb.

I drink a gallon + of water a day (water machine) and sleep a solid 8 hours.

Do I look like ****? (Almost sure I do) Do I look like I need to keep going? Do I look like I need a diet adjustment? Workout adjustment?

I’ve learned and done a lot on my own but but now I want to hear from you guys cause I can not find any threads with my height weight and age and hopefully this helps someone else out. I’d like to just add muscle, lose fat and improve my physique. It’s like no matter what I do, this is what I look like.

I feel strong but not strong enough. I have great stamina in the outdoors and physical activity. I’m not really tired unless it was a 5 day workout. Sometimes after I lift I’ll do 15 minutes walking with a 120bpm heart rate constant.

Suggestions. Any and all and thank you. After 3 years now I’m posting on here and it’s been quite the journey, hopefully you can help me accelerate my results or even just give some sort of feedback. I wanna go into 40 looking amazing and feeling amazing.

Anything you need to know, just let me know I’ll have an answer for what I’ve done. Thank You

NOTE : I tried to post images but it wouldn’t let me. Show me another way and I will also post those. I did post images on my profile in my gallery
    Last edited by lifelearner; 07-08-2018 at 09:48 PM.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Training drives muscle gain so look to progress on a proven program. Upper lower splits, push pull programs, or full body all have frequency on their side.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

lifelearner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was thinking doing the fierce 5 intermediate 4 day, or should I do something harder?
    never stop learning.

d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lifelearner View Post
    Do I look like ****? (Almost sure I do) Do I look like I need to keep going? Do I look like I need a diet adjustment? Workout adjustment?
    Looking at your profile pics... Do you look like you lift? Not really. But you do have some muscle under there.

Originally Posted by lifelearner View Post

I eat 2000 - 3000 calories a day depending on my hunger. Usually

80-160g protein
    50-100g fat
    150-200g carb.
    Diet is your problem. Check out the stickies in the nutrition forum. Figure out your TDEE and get on a cut, eating 15-20% less than TDEE.
    TRACK EVERYTHING. Use an app like My Fitness Pal.
    Follow a proper training program. BLS is fine. If you really followed the program you should have seen big results. I started it in January at 44 yo and have seen great improvement with it. But I also track all my calories.
    See my profile for progress pics.
    Fierce Five will work too.
    -dennis
    my "GYM IN A SHED" build thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175140521