gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Working out early in the AM

I'm in college, living in rez. The gym at our school is small, and often overcrowded, but it's relatively empty 6am-7:30am. So I would like to go to the gym at 6am but I also don't want to wake up at say 5am to eat. I don't really "feel" hungry when I wake up. I consume water/BCAA/creatine mix while working out.

Is it really that important for me to eat something before I work out? Is working out on an empty stomach good/bad?

If I should eat, any recommendations? I would want something quick that I can down then hit the gym say 15mins later.

Thanks

toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) toon126 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't need to eat bud. I wake up, coffee, gym at 6.30 then off to work, don't start eating till prob 5pm (Warrior Diet) and I've no problems. Train well, strength fine, all as long as your macros are in check eat whenever.

Train fasted then eat after if you want, no harm. Just eat when it suits you.

It's not important to eat pre/pot workout, it's just personal preference.

gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gbSyn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by toon126 View Post
    You don't need to eat bud. I wake up, coffee, gym at 6.30 then off to work, don't start eating till prob 5pm (Warrior Diet) and I've no problems. Train well, strength fine, all as long as your macros are in check eat whenever.

Train fasted then eat after if you want, no harm. Just eat when it suits you.

It's not important to eat pre/pot workout, it's just personal preference.
    Alright, when I was working out during the day I would go to the gym like 2 hours after last eating but now that I'm going 9-10 hours, I wasn't sure.

Thanks dude

MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10) MegaExtent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I workout in the morning too. Firstly, remember to get 6-8 hours of sleep. Secondly, whether you should eat or not depends on your goal. If you want to lose weight, then you should go to gym on an empty stomach.
    If you are bulking, as long as you get all the calories you need for the day and skip breakfast, then you dont really need to eat. But its good to have energy from carbs when working out. Eat like a banana and cereal before going (something quick and good carbs). Also, be sure to get a proper post workout shake/meal.

Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sarcobium is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MegaExtent View Post
    I workout in the morning too. Firstly, remember to get 6-8 hours of sleep. Secondly, whether you should eat or not depends on your goal. If you want to lose weight, then you should go to gym on an empty stomach.
    If you are bulking, as long as you get all the calories you need for the day and skip breakfast, then you dont really need to eat. But its good to have energy from carbs when working out. Eat like a banana and cereal before going (something quick and good carbs). Also, be sure to get a proper post workout shake/meal.
    This post went full retard