aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) aaroncain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

highish fat diets for cutting?

i've been using the "if it fits ur macros" diet for cutting.

approximate TDEE is 2550 so i cut it to 2250.

carbs: 170
    fats: 85
    protein: 200

Does that seem okay for cutting or do i need to decrease the fat intake?

im around 160lbs

edit: just read stickies again, i guess i have to ignore some posts on the forum saying fat above 0.4g/lb is detrimental to fat loss

Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jaredhend is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    looks fine op, as long as you are in a deficit

tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10) tribeless is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your's and my macros are almost equal. I've been cutting for about 8 months now with those numbers and following AllPros program. In short, it has worked. I recently upped my fat intake (and dropped my carb intake accordingly) when I read that fat helps ease the pain of inflammation in my knees. So to sum it up: If it works for you, then stay with it. But know that you can take in more fat if you start getting some pain in your joints when you're lifting.

AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AJL1 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    85g is not high fat! That is about what you should be having anyway.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aaroncain View Post
    edit: just read stickies again, i guess i have to ignore some posts on the forum saying fat above 0.4g/lb is detrimental to fat loss
    It's certainly not detrimental, you need a minimum amount of fat. Fat beyond the minimum is pretty much neutral from a fast loss perspective, while in a deficit. Just another source of energy.

aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aman88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As long as you do not have a highly active job or lifestyle outside of the gym that should be fine. If you do your carbs are probably too low.
    Exercise Physiologist
    M.S. - Exercise and Sport Physiology
    West Chester University of Pennsylvania
    B.S. - Kinesiology
    University of Maryland

*Note: I am in no way, shape, or form suggested for anyone to do anything. Anything I post is purely based off of my own personal experience and opinions. If you decide to follow or do anything I say, that is of your own free will and not my suggestion.*