EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Anyone else getting money back for their taxes with deductions?

First time doing my own taxes with all these writeoffs and i expected to pay some but I'm actually getting money back. Is that happening normally for you all?

badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badrymz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've never received money back while training full time. Do you work for yourself?

EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EdgarAllanPoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I do

Having the mileage and about 20000 worth of rent for my studio helped a lot

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EdgarAllanPoe View Post
    I do

Mileage for business purposes? As in driving to the bank, to see business partners, etc (not commute). Did you pay quarterly estimated taxes? I'm thinking that is what I will do once I get going. I'm just familiarizing myself with the process as I'm sure you did about a year ago.

The business expenses are nice in a way because they are right on Schedule C and mean that you pay less in self employment tax. The downside is that it is reducing income. Are you taking any deductions for 401k and health insurance?

Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    Mileage for business purposes? As in driving to the bank, to see business partners, etc (not commute). Did you pay quarterly estimated taxes? I'm thinking that is what I will do once I get going. I'm just familiarizing myself with the process as I'm sure you did about a year ago.

The business expenses are nice in a way because they are right on Schedule C and mean that you pay less in self employment tax. The downside is that it is reducing income. Are you taking any deductions for 401k and health insurance?
    I didn't have to pay quarterly this year, but i've been told i will need to for 2013.

I have a part time job at night that I got a W2 for, they pay for my insurance...i don't have to put a penny into it so nothing to deduct. I wrote off liability insurance for training.

Because I have two jobs I can write off the mileage from job to job, just not from the gym and back if thats all I do. If i go to target to get supplies i write the mileage off. If i have to make multiple trips to the gym then I write that off. Just not the main to and from. Thats how HR block instructed me to do it.

Anything that has anything to do with picking up stuff for business, or attending any type of meeting (with an advertising company for example) you can write off. I keep a detailed log in my car of where I went and for what reason.

Even if I get audited and my mileage is off or I write off stuff that maybe I shouldnt i at least have this log to prove that i'm not trying to deceive and beat the system.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didn't have to pay quarterly this year, but i've been told i will need to for 2013.

I have a part time job at night that I got a W2 for, they pay for my insurance...i don't have to put a penny into it so nothing to deduct. I wrote off liability insurance for training.

Because I have two jobs I can write off the mileage from job to job, just not from the gym and back if thats all I do. If i go to target to get supplies i write the mileage off. If i have to make multiple trips to the gym then I write that off. Just not the main to and from. Thats how HR block instructed me to do it.

Anything that has anything to do with picking up stuff for business, or attending any type of meeting (with an advertising company for example) you can write off. I keep a detailed log in my car of where I went and for what reason. I'm just starting up so I am logging everything possible and keeping every receipt. I don't want to be paying a lot of taxes at the end of the year.

Even if I get audited and my mileage is off or I write off stuff that maybe I shouldnt i at least have this log to prove that i'm not trying to deceive and beat the system.
    Some people assume just the standard commute to work is deductible, but as you mentioned and have been instructed, it is not. The log is a very good idea. I do memos in my phone, but I might move to a paper notebook that stays in the car.

tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tickifroyoticki has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Anything that has anything to do with picking up stuff for business, or attending any type of meeting (with an advertising company for example) you can write off. I keep a detailed log in my car of where I went and for what reason.

no the point is your in business to help people, these tax deductions are available to you, that means more money in your pocket, its part of owning a business
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en