Voters
393. You may not vote on this poll
  • Brazilian Jiu jitsu

130 33.08%
  • Wrestling

263 66.92%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Unregistered User Catabolic_Cal's Avatar
    Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which would you rank more neccasary BJJ or Wrestling

If you could only train in one which would you choose BJJ or Wrestling(Freestyl,collegiate ect)

We both know there both important but if you could choose only one which would you go with.
    Belief is truth held in the mind; faith is a fire in the heart.

Irep back, reps owed:

Biel odev len jeden kto plechovka jazda druhy vidiecky.

Ignore list, everyone who participates in childish ridicule and bigotry,

CandieJunkie (Abraham Biggs), RIP.

user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    definetly BJJ. Every MMA fighter needs atleast some knowledge in BJJ. They need to kno how to defend a submission and atlest be able to escape and apply some subs. There are also takedowns in BJJ. Whereas wrestling its all takedowns and top game.
    Grappling record 17-3
    muay thai: 4-1

Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10) Catabolic_Cal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vikings101 View Post
    definetly BJJ. Every MMA fighter needs atleast some knowledge in BJJ. They need to kno how to defend a submission and atlest be able to escape and apply some subs. There are also takedowns in BJJ. Whereas wrestling its all takedowns and top game.
    Wrestlers have done quite well to with almost little or no BJJ though

Irep back, reps owed:

user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50) user4544 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Catabolic_Cal View Post
    Wrestlers have done quite well to with almost little or no BJJ though
    k but were talking how ur basically choosing subs or takedowns. Name me one person in MMA who has done very well without some sort of submissions in his training. Thers is none, you have to have some sort of submission game.
    Grappling record 17-3

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you could only train in one which would you choose BJJ or Wrestling(Freestyl,collegiate ect)

We both know there both important but if you could choose only one which would you go with.
    I would never choose only one. Stupid question.

Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Piotrus69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes BJJ is more important but none the less wrestling is a vital aspect of mma

Originally Posted by dixon View Post
    I would never choose only one. Stupid question.
    I know dumbass but i said if you had to choose 1 to take.

And some wrestling such as submission wrestling does have submissions lol

And i have a list of fighters who have very little BJJ and alot of wrestling if you want.

Irep back, reps owed:

dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000) dixon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know dumbass but i said if you had to choose 1 to take.
    And I said it is a stupid, retarded question. Because quite frankly, it is. You are the dumbass. You should set yourself on fire and burn until you die.

And some wrestling such as submission wrestling does have submissions lol
    Submission grappling is not "wrestling"--which refers to folkstyle or greco.

And i have a list of fighters who have very little BJJ and alot of wrestling if you want.
    Cool.

And I said it is a stupid, retarded question. Because quite frankly, it is. You are the dumbass. You should set yourself on fire and burn until you die.

Submission wrestling is not "wrestling"--which refers to folkstyle or greco.

Cool.
    Yeah yeah your really cool we get it.

When i get my cousins Camcorder ill record a video of me in a match so you can see how a wrestler can dominate a BJJ practitioner.

Irep back, reps owed:

When i get my cousins Camcorder ill record a video of me in a match so you can see how a wrestler can dominate a BJJ practitioner.
    And what will that prove?

By the way, I'll continue doing submission grappling, which is both wrestling and submissions, and dominate people from each of those styles. It's obvious that doing one style is retarded for MMA. You = Retard.

And what will that prove?

By the way, I'll continue doing submission grappling, which is both wrestling and submissions, and dominate people from each of those styles. It's obvious that doing one style is retarded for MMA. You = Retard.
    WE OBVIOUSLY KNOW THAT.I mean i tryed stating that enough i can't stress it more i know MMa=Mixed not one martial art for gods sake I'm saying if you could only train in ONE its a hypothetical situation what are you not getting.If you could only train in BJJ or Wrestling as your primary grappling skill.

Irep back, reps owed:

k thers no good accomplished mma wrestler with no submission game. NOBODY
    Grappling record 17-3

What about Kevin randleman?

Irep back, reps owed:

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just BJJ will let you survive.

Wrestling + BJJ will let you kick ass.

(In MMA competition, that is)
    Last edited by LatsMakeTheMan; 01-18-2008 at 08:49 PM.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    k but were talking how ur basically choosing subs or takedowns. Name me one person in MMA who has done very well without some sort of submissions in his training. Thers is none, you have to have some sort of submission game.
    there's nobody out there that dosn't train wrestling either
    so that's not the ponit
    the pointis if you could only train one
    I'd take wrestling and use it to avoid the bjj guy
    see the bjj guy has some takedown training
    ok, and he's about as likely to take down the wrestler as the wrestler is to submit the bjj guy via armbar....
    so if you have wrestling you can just ignore the other guys bjj and make it a striking contest

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chuck Lidell
    Randy Couture
    between them they have like 3 submission wins in mma
    now tell me about how neither of them have any accomplishments

usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) usiim-aryt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Liddell is a purple belt and Couture went to a draw with Jacare.
    Obviously they have a weak submission game.

nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nuttybl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kane Fan View Post
    Chuck Lidell
    Randy Couture
    between them they have like 3 submission wins in mma
    now tell me about how neither of them have any accomplishments
    bjj is also about defense. randy is very good at bjj, infact suprisingly he is great at the rubber guard.
    іяс сязш -- care chat room god

$BMB$ and ***DJMctits Crew***
    DOUBLE POWERED REP TRADING, BOOO YEAH

valhalla82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's all there is to it. PERIOD. Wrestling gives you good leverage, but if you don't know bjj, you don't know when you're in trouble. That's when **** ends really quick.

Vikings, I love the kimbo quote. lmao

thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Wrestling for takedowns and overall athletic training.

Then Sambo for subs.

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Anyone hear of striking? You need that too.
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thecooleric has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by hfce354 View Post
    Anyone hear of striking? You need that too.
    And?

That's not what the thread is about.

hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000) hfce354 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thecooleric View Post
    And?

That's not what the thread is about.

Ok then. Wrestling because you can avoid being taken down and dominate the top position. Wrestling ground and pound or lay and pray for the 3 round decision victory.
    It is universally well known, that in digesting our common food, there is created or produced in the bowels of human creatures, a great quantity of wind. That the permitting this air to escape and mix with the atmosphere, is usually offensive to the company, from the fetid smell that accompanies it. That all well-bred people therefore, to avoid giving such offence, forcibly restrain the efforts of nature to discharge that wind.
    Ben Franklin Essay about "Trouser Coughs" 1781-

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pure wrestling is good for takedowns and positions.

Pure BJJ is good for submissions.

A PURE wrestler, which is what this thread is about, has no sub defense. A pure BJJ guy won't mind being put on his back by someone with no sub defense.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Whoah overwhelming majority prefers BJJ

I've never had bjj training but my first mma match i destroyed a guy who trained in BJJ

Wrestling ftw his takedowns were pathetic and he kept rolling on his back expecting to me roll with him lmao

Irep back, reps owed:

Originally Posted by usiim-aryt View Post
    Liddell is a purple belt and Couture went to a draw with Jacare.
    Obviously they have a weak submission game.
    ?
    um they have 3 Submission wins between them
    they utilize wrestling FAR more then submissions
    deal with it

Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    Pure wrestling is good for takedowns and positions.

Pure BJJ is good for submissions.

A PURE wrestler, which is what this thread is about, has no sub defense. A pure BJJ guy won't mind being put on his back by someone with no sub defense.
    ok, he also can't take down anyone who is a solid wrestler...
    see the problem with that theory?
    you assume because someone trains wrestling over bjj they will go for the takdown, not a safe assumption

jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jaredmt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    bjj isnt 100% submissions... they know how to wrestle too and take down too. they're also good at getting out of different positions.
    another thing bjj trains that wrestling doesnt do is punching. constant punches to the kidney can get u out of different holds.

but on the street, bjj is good to know but honestly i would NOT want to go to the ground in the first place. but it is good to know bjj just incase thats where the fight goes

Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kozma is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    BJJ or any kind of submission art is required for MMA

juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd go with BJJ.