Thread: Trouble Bulking

Frankie4433 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trouble Bulking

6'0" 170, really only bulked from 165-168... been lifting since about september. Never really lift in highschool due to sports (tri-sports athlete) so one season would end and the other would start. thats aside the point, no excuses.

I take AMINO Energy pre, Opti-Men Daily, CLA Daily, Creatine Daily, and protein shakes(2 scoops) after lifting.

I am at college, so actually calculating my calories and macros can be difficult, but I eat healthy, and a lot...
    Breakfast is an Omelet, and then due to class I do not eat until lunch(2-3 hours MAX later)

Lunch is usually a salad, with 2 plates of whatever my school is offering. Usually healthy, involving rice, and some meat. Sometimes 3 plates if I am really hungry. Then class, then dinner which is similar to lunch and then a snack at around 830.

I have been following this for a while, and can't seem to gain weight. I want to bulk to around 185 (or higher then cut down..) but be lean. I need all the help I can get. Thank you for any tips you may have for helping me out.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Since you can't count all your macros by yourself, download an application on your mobile phone or on your desktop/laptop such as MyFitnessPal (for an example, there's many other out there too).

Doesn't really matter what supps you take, but since you're not gaining enough weight, I understand the protein supplements can help a bit as a calorie boost.

A simple way for you to gain more weight, aka bulk, sounds stupid but is effective; just eat slightly more.

What do I mean by that? Since you can't really count all macros down, just use a little bit more ketchup on your fries, use a bit more dressing on your salad, eat that third plate on a daily basis instead of the 2 or just have an extra protein powder during the day if you're that stuck.

Remember what bulking is, it is simply to be over your maintenance level (aka TDEE). As long as you're in a slight surplus, you will gain weight no matter what (even if it's only 0.1lb a week, it's still considered in someway as a bulk).
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Frankie4433 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Since you can't count all your macros by yourself, download an application on your mobile phone or on your desktop/laptop such as MyFitnessPal (for an example, there's many other out there too).

Doesn't really matter what supps you take, but since you're not gaining enough weight, I understand the protein supplements can help a bit as a calorie boost.

A simple way for you to gain more weight, aka bulk, sounds stupid but is effective; just eat slightly more.

What do I mean by that? Since you can't really count all macros down, just use a little bit more ketchup on your fries, use a bit more dressing on your salad, eat that third plate on a daily basis instead of the 2 or just have an extra protein powder during the day if you're that stuck.

Remember what bulking is, it is simply to be over your maintenance level (aka TDEE). As long as you're in a slight surplus, you will gain weight no matter what (even if it's only 0.1lb a week, it's still considered in someway as a bulk).
    Thanks! Any serious foods I should avoid? I try to avoid fried foods, or fats..

Dumb food question, is using a creamy salad dressing as opposed to olive oil and vinegar any benefit? I know there are a ton of more calories and on top of that, more fat.... I like both. Kinda dumb, i know.?

As for my fitness pal, those would be best guesstimates, but I can definitely see that working.

Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bmirassol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    to bulk take in alot of calories all clean diet and your good im on a 5000 calorie diet now just look at what you and and when you eat it

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Frankie4433 View Post
    Thanks! Any serious foods I should avoid? I try to avoid fried foods, or fats..

Dumb food question, is using a creamy salad dressing as opposed to olive oil and vinegar any benefit? I know there are a ton of more calories and on top of that, more fat.... I like both. Kinda dumb, i know.?

As for my fitness pal, those would be best guesstimates, but I can definitely see that working.
    Why avoid fat? You need it, and it is calorie dense which makes bulking easier.

As for the dressing vs oil thing, go with whichever you want, or both; just work it into your macros and you're fine.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823