Thread: Bulk or Cut?

marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Bulk or Cut?

Thinking of bulking... I just started hitting the gym solid 3 weeks ago.... Was lazy for MONTHS so stopped training. What do you guys think of my size at the moment? Decent chest? Haven't even done Delts in the last year. Pics of me today relaxed then flexing @ 93KG and 5'7.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by marshallbenji0; 02-11-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Josiahstaton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i'd cut.
    Oreos over everything.

marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Josiahstaton View Post
    i'd cut.
    I just hope that when I start cutting my chest ain't gonna look too small as well as delts.

vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by marshallbenji0 View Post
    I just hope that when I start cutting my chest ain't gonna look too small as well as delts.
    So what if it does? You expect to look 100% in what? 6 months? Really...why do so many treat this like some kind of a race where they need to achieve these mass sizes RIGHT at the start when they're starting new at the gym ( or after a long time off starting again ) You seem fat now, no need to "bulk" just shred down to whatever bf% you like and don't worry about looking a tiny bit smaller, after the shred you bulk again, muscle memory will make things bounce back faster anyway if you hit the gym before.

Originally Posted by vsebi View Post
    So what if it does? You expect to look 100% in what? 6 months? Really...why do so many treat this like some kind of a race where they need to achieve these mass sizes RIGHT at the start when they're starting new at the gym ( or after a long time off starting again ) You seem fat now, no need to "bulk" just shred down to whatever bf% you like and don't worry about looking a tiny bit smaller, after the shred you bulk again, muscle memory will make things bounce back faster anyway if you hit the gym before.
    Good insights bro! If I was to bulk when I cut up will I bulk up but not be putting on a lot of fat because it has been lost from the the cut?

vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vsebi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by marshallbenji0 View Post
    Good insights bro! If I was to bulk when I cut up will I bulk up but not be putting on a lot of fat because it has been lost from the the cut?
    Exactly - reduce overall fat gains and build mass after, cut first. Find a good balance where you are able to maintain/save as much muscle as possible for whatever period you decide to shred ( 3 months? ) and what bf% you want to reach first. After you reach that % do a bulk, if you already have excess fat why add more excess fat to it, then when you go to shred it's a lot more of a pain in the ass to go thru all that excess fat. Might as well clean the base as much as you can then build on it. But that's just my opinion, everyone does it their own way / what works for them.

Originally Posted by vsebi View Post
    Exactly - reduce overall fat gains and build mass after, cut first. Find a good balance where you are able to maintain/save as much muscle as possible for whatever period you decide to shred ( 3 months? ) and what bf% you want to reach first. After you reach that % do a bulk, if you already have excess fat why add more excess fat to it, then when you go to shred it's a lot more of a pain in the ass to go thru all that excess fat. Might as well clean the base as much as you can then build on it. But that's just my opinion, everyone does it their own way / what works for them.
    Thanks man, I was just thinking bulking now then cutting will just take the same amount of time as cutting then bulking and the results will just be really similar.