dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000)

Starting exercise again, post-natal, c-section?

Hello ladies -

misc brah checking in - My Q is for my wife whom on Christmas morning gave birth to our first born via a c-section. She's curious about starting to work out again but frustrated at the complete loss of all core strength/ability.

Any of your miscettes have post natal or c-section experience in starting to work out again? Any special DVD's you could suggest, forums to visit, etc?

Thanks!

(pic of baby (Mason))

Attached Images

dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000) dirtymcbride is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Baby bump

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Congrats he's adorable C-section or not (I had a vaginal birth only a few weeks before her, with no complications), the pregnancy will leave complete lack of core strength. I still feel "hollow" there. I think it took a year after my 1st to not feel that way.

First, do you know if she still has abdominal separation 2 fingers or more?

I've been focusing on power yoga (lots of slow controlled pushup movement) which I can do with the baby on the mat, and kettlebell intervals. Simple compound movements like pushups and squats will help her increase her core strength, but it will take a great deal of time.

Lauren Brooks is a well knwon trainer who has had 2 sections herself and writes about it here
    http://kbellqueen.blogspot.ca/search/label/postpartum

Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Congrats he's adorable C-section or not (I had a vaginal birth only a few weeks before her, with no complications), the pregnancy will leave complete lack of core strength. I still feel "hollow" there. I think it took a year after my 1st to not feel that way.

First, do you know if she still has abdominal separation 2 fingers or more?

I've been focusing on power yoga (lots of slow controlled pushup movement) which I can do with the baby on the mat, and kettlebell intervals. Simple compound movements like pushups and squats will help her increase her core strength, but it will take a great deal of time.

Lauren Brooks is a well knwon trainer who has had 2 sections herself and writes about it here
    http://kbellqueen.blogspot.ca/search/label/postpartum
    Thanks for the advice. Though what is abdominal separation?

runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) runnermommaof4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cute little guy!! Congrats to you and your wife! I have had 4 c-sections and the first thing I did was just walk and slowly I added in running spurts. This was the easiest since I could bring the baby in the stroller. I want to say it was 3 months out before I really started working with weights and even longer till I worked my abs. I was tender around the incision area for a while. I know it takes time for the inside to heal even though the outside might look fine. It was just not comfortable for me to work my abs so soon. I can't recall specifics because my "baby" is 4 1/2 how and my oldest is 11, but I have bounced back fully and I am in better shape now than pre kids. So tell her to take her time and do what her body tells her. If she feels like she's over done it, then back off and if she feels great, then keep it up.

marinajason has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi dirtymcbride,
    Congrats... He is so cute. I would like to suggest her for yoga in starting months..then slowly slowly she can start her routine exercises and lifting.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Health and safety training course and asbestos training at http://www.medwaysafety.co.uk/