Thread: Squat issue.

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Squat issue.

Yesterday I played a football (match), at a fairly high standard. It was the best performance I've had for a long time, and I woke up this morning aching like mad. My legs felt like I had just ran from one country to another. However, today was my first gym session of the week, and the first exercise was 5x5 Squats.

Last week, I hit all my reps, except from the very last one, at 65K (Just started lifting).
    Today, I failed on 65KG in the second set. My legs were still too sore from football.
    I lowered the weight down to 40KG, and finished off all my sets, still feeling quite sore.

My question is, is this okay? Is it okay to Squat if my legs are still sore?
    Is it okay to lower the weight to squat if I'm still sore, and increase it again on my next workout?
    Or should I not squat at all on a Monday, and only Squat on a Wednesday and Friday?

Currently running Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Full Body for Novices by JasonDB

To Clarify -

Friday - Squats
    Saturday - Football training
    Sunday - Football match
    Monday - Squats
    Last edited by lewisab; 02-11-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    Fat, Overweight and Embarrassed.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lewisab View Post
    Yesterday I played a football (match), at a fairly high standard. It was the best performance I've had for a long time, and I woke up this morning aching like mad. My legs felt like I had just ran from one country to another. However, today was my first gym session of the week, and the first exercise was 5x5 Squats.

Last week, I hit all my reps, except from the very last one, at 65K (Just started lifting).
    Today, I failed on 65KG in the second set. My legs were still too sore from football.
    I lowered the weight down to 40KG, and finished off all my sets, still feeling quite sore.

My question is, is this okay? Is it okay to Squat if my legs are still sore?
    Is it okay to lower the weight to squat if I'm still sore, and increase it again on my next workout?
    Or should I not squat at all on a Monday, and only Squat on a Wednesday and Friday?

Currently running Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Full Body for Novices by JasonDB
    Stick to the program, what you're experiencing (DOMS), you'll stop feeling when you've been squatting properly for a week or so. Attempt to increase the weight each session from A to B, don't drop the weight. Just stick to the program, squatting 5x5 3 times a week, and the issues you're having now will go away. Keep squattin' son.

lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50) lewisab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by KobiDC View Post
    Stick to the program, what you're experiencing (DOMS), you'll stop feeling when you're squatting is a week or so. Attempt to increase the weight each session from A to B, don't drop the weight. Just stick to the program, squatting 5x5 3 times a week, and the issues you're having now will go away. Keep squatting son.
    The DOM's I don't have an issue with, from weight training.
    After squatting, I understand at this stage I'm going to get DOM's. My issue is before I squat, I have DOM's from playing football and can't physically squat what I would be able to on another day.
    Fat, Overweight and Embarrassed.

KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000) KobiDC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry, mis-understood the question. I wouldn't recommend tampering the program, as I'm a strong advocate of heavy squats 3 times a week. Could you shift your workout time around so you hit your legs in the morning before your training and then do the rest of your program after?

Daniel Larson 2024 RainingBlood's Avatar
    RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) RainingBlood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will adjust to DOMS.
    Attract toxic girls but I'm not toxic crew
    Always the victim crew
    Pure Michigan crew
    Lana Del Rey > Taylor Swift crew

superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50) superstylr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You shouldn't be failing reps if you just started lifting. Sounds like you started the weight too high.