melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000) melvin2345 is just really nice. (+1000)

High angle incline press vs overhead press vs normal incline press

I'll be brief with this.

Core and lower body aside, if a person did an overhead pressing movement on a bench at 60-75 degrees, would they work the same muscles as they would work doing OHP and Incline Bench separately, albeit to a lesser degree?

While I realize it's better to just do both, I was having a conversation with a friend about which one to do if you were absolutely forced to pick only one, and we weren't sure if "combining" the two would be an effective compromise or not.

SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000) SexyBack1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by melvin2345 View Post
    I'll be brief with this.

Core and lower body aside, if a person did an overhead pressing movement on a bench at 60-75 degrees, would they work the same muscles as they would work doing OHP and Incline Bench separately, albeit to a lesser degree?

While I realize it's better to just do both, I was having a conversation with a friend about which one to do if you were absolutely forced to pick only one, and we weren't sure if "combining" the two would be an effective compromise or not.
    Will use more front delt and some upper chest.
    MUST READ about back development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151735043

MUST READ about shoulders development : http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151861353

Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50) Concat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Chest activation would be limited, but yes it would work the same muscles. Your pecs just wouldn't get much out of it and your delts would fatigue well before your chest.

tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yep, this "hybrid" exercise would work mainly on the front delt, leaving the other parts of the shoulder underdeveloped.
    Btw, if you have only one exercise for upper body pushing strength, I'd go with the press

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm under the impression they all work pretty much the same muscles, more front delts if it's closer to an overhead press and more chest if it's closer to a bench press, and more triceps than either of those two if you're doing them with a close grip.

The big thing for me is that your core does a lot of work stabilizing a weight over your head, so I'm pretty sure that if you did nothing but incline benches your core would probably lack some of the muscles needed to transfer that strength to any kind of overhead press. For that reason I would most certainly do shoulder presses over anything else if I had to pick only one option.

Then again, lately I've been realizing both the importance of variety and how to vary my lifts without having some big complicated schedule, so I wouldn't just pick one. Currently, over the course of several push days I will invariably do all of these lifts as well as a few dip variations, several tricep moves and chest flies.