TomChapman95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Accurate calorie calculator?

Can someone link me to an accurate calorie as different ones give me different results. I've been cutting for a few weeks now and seem to have lost a fair bit of muscle mass so it looks like I may have a larger deficit than I thought I have...

thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Read this and use the third formula

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

But at the end if the day no calculator is going to be 100% accurate, if you're losing too much weight just increase cals by 200-300

madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by thomas543 View Post
    Read this and use the third formula

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

But at the end if the day no calculator is going to be 100% accurate, if you're losing too much weight just increase cals by 200-300
    Even with all that science there is a little error with this you gotta mix broscience with science just find the calories by experimenting everybodies body works differently you just gotta find your "magic number"

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by madsmith View Post
    Even with all that science there is a little error with this you gotta mix broscience with science just find the calories by experimenting everybodies body works differently you just gotta find your "magic number"
    The great thing about science is, it's always right whether or no you believe in it.
    "it's never too late to be the person you should've been" -unknown

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Bench Press: 290lbs 1x1
    Squat: 355lbs 1x5
    Deadlift: 360lbs 1x1

thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10) thomas543 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Like I said no formula is 100% accurate, they're just a starting point. Use them to pick a number somewhere close to where you should be then adjust according to how much weight you're losing/gaining

madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500) madsmith is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Arcos27 View Post
    The great thing about science is, it's always right whether or no you believe in it.
    broscience is simply science that hasn't been proven by someone with a degree so gtfo isn't life about learning about your own body? The thing is about science is 90% of the world they still can't explain for things that happen so yes science is mostly right just as 1+1=2 but the human body is a complex organism with trillions of variations throughout them.

Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Arcos27 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    broscience is simply science that hasn't been proven by someone with a degree so gtfo isn't life about learning about your own body? The thing is about science is 90% of the world they still can't explain for things that happen so yes science is mostly right just as 1+1=2 but the human body is a complex organism with trillions of variations throughout them.
    Broscience is **** we make up because we don't know or care to find out how it works. You are literally telling me making **** up about your body because you think it works would be applicable to any situation.

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Broscience is **** we make up because we don't know or care to find out how it works. You are literally telling me making **** up about your body because you think it works would be applicable to any situation.
    Reading comprehension is not your strong suite I see, OK. If i see the sky and it is blue I can assume the sky is blue but no one has ever told me it is blue but I just know it is blue for me at least, so I can assume the sky is blue, does that mean it is blue..? No but for me it is so what does it matter..?(say I was color blind and it was some other color) I am not saying to make up stuff off the fly be scientific about it and analyze how your body works compared to your results and your performance from what you are doing to work how your body works. This is not saying that science is not to be used but to combine science with your own knowledge about your own body to achieve the state you want.

Reading comprehension is not your strong suite I see, OK. If i see the sky and it is blue I can assume the sky is blue but no one has ever told me it is blue but I just know it is blue for me at least, so I can assume the sky is blue, does that mean it is blue..? No but for me it is so what does it matter..?(say I was color blind and it was some other color) I am not saying to make up stuff off the fly be scientific about it and analyze how your body works compared to your results and your performance from what you are doing to work how your body works. This is not saying that science is not to be used but to combine science with your own knowledge about your own body to achieve the state you want.
    Well I'm sorry to say that this is 2013 we have the internet and these forums to discuss effective ways of training. Broscience would say that running 5 miles a day will lead to fat loss, yes that is probably true, and yes it will probably work for you. Although we know that a calorie deficit can yelid the same results with less work. So basically if it works for you that's great keep on training however you please, but I want to find the most Effective way of training and use it to my advantage.

★★★Torn ACL Crew★★★

Well I'm sorry to say that this is 2013 we have the internet and these forums to discuss effective ways of training. Broscience would say that running 5 miles a day will lead to fat loss, yes that is probably true, and yes it will probably work for you. Although we know that a calorie deficit can yelid the same results with less work. So basically the if it works for you that's great keep on training however you please, but I want to find the most Effective way of training and use it to my advantage.
    I am just saying neither side is wrong its just a different perspective. Anyways, sorry OP for hijacking thread.