Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gerard1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What where some challenges/struggles in the begining

What were a few struggles or challenges you had when starting out and what advise could you give on how you pushed by, such examples could be, health conditions, being below weakness, negative thoughts, not seeing results, just a memory that pushed you to your lowest and how you manged to get by for readers who are at this point at thier lowest and need a push in the right direction

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Gerard1990 View Post
    What were a few struggles or challenges you had when starting out and what advise could you give on how you pushed by, such examples could be, health conditions, being below weakness, negative thoughts, not seeing results, just a memory that pushed you to your lowest and how you manged to get by for readers who are at this point at thier lowest and need a push in the right direction
    Back pain was one of the worse things that i dealt with starting out. Being the weight of 500+ this was bad on my body and back so when I finally decided to turn my life around there would be days that i could not even get out of the bed without the nerve in my back keeping me from standing at my full height. I would sweat in pain and fall back into the bed going back into my depression little by little. The other thing I dealt with is going to the gym being the biggest person in there and how i thought people were looking at me and talking behind my back. I continued to go to the gym on the days my back would allow and little by little i saw change. I worked up the courage to talk to a personal trainer to help me with stretches and lower back strengthening exercises. This helped me by improving my back condition until it went away completely. This made me feel great i could now go out with my family and spend time with my wife and kids and piggyback them. This made me clear to the things i neglected while being depressed and sparked a fire to do better than that.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When I started out, I was about 290lbs and hated running. I figured the best way to keep myself dedicated was small steps, so first I started out just getting my body used to running on a treadmill. Sore legs and lower back was a pain at first but got used to it after a couple of weeks. Starting to eat less was difficult at first since my appetite was through the roof from being used to eating so much for so long. I slowly cut portions down and dropped to 178lbs.

Getting into weights actually wasn't challenging at first because I just started working out from home. At home, I only had light weights to work with, so I didn't have to worry about doing too much too fast. When I got to the gym for the first time and started bulking up was a challenge with how sore my body got, but that passed. Bulking the first time was a challenge because I had gotten my body used to eating so little, and then changing to eating quite a bit. So I had to force feed in the beginning of my bulk cycle.

My body is now used to switching from cutting and bulking that diet is easier.

Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I was terrified of doing something incorrectly or with poor form when I first got into lifting. So, I would go to the gym when it was almost empty - either late at night or early in the morning and have one of the trainers at my gym give me feedback. Now, its like second nature, but every time I introduce a new exercise I have some anxiety about doing it wrong. So, I just ask one of the guys at my gym who know what they are doing.... I wish more people asked. There are so many people I notice with bad form. I feel bad for them. That's how you get injured, not to mention looking like a n00b.
    "Mishka"
    Atlanta, GA
    Weights 5 days/wk. Clean eating.
    2/12/13 - found out we're PREGNANT! Due October 24!

nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nabeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    childish to exercise in front of the big men it lasted like 6 months in my first year of gym.
    i was shy to take small weights

so I exercised only in the unexposed part of the gym where the leg machine were so after seing impressive progress on my legs i slowly step my game up

but it take me one year to get a good diet and a good programme year 2 going well
    Last edited by nabeast; 02-12-2013 at 03:43 PM.

FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FutureTrunks is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Only lifting arms and doing abs in the beginning. Thought that's all I needed in high school. Then after realizing how dumb that logic was, trying to bring everything else up. Also, not seeing immediate results was discouraging.
    Just kidding...but seriously.

Does dips in the handicapped stall to get a pump crew

"You don't stop working out, no matter what. It doesn't matter what your job is." - Arnold

"College aged girls are probably the most disgusting stage of human life besides being a sh!t covered infant. Just absolute dick wreckers and immoral skanks everywhere"