snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000) snowyowl is a name known to all. (+5000)

How to keep myself going foward?

I start to workout since july 2012 and I don't even look like a started to lift. I know I shouldn't care, but it's hard to go to gym, especially when I'm skinny af and lift chitty weights infront of all these schredded dudes. Recently I was very discouraged because I didn't increase my benchpress weight since a month despite my efforts. I feel like I'm going nowhere, wasting my time and that I should focus on school instead. At the same time I want to keep going.

LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftOrBeLifted will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try starting a bulk. It looks like you need to gain some weight. Definitely need the extra calories to help increase your lifts. Just stay motivated and get to the gym consistently. Giving up is not an option.

Contemplated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you eating enough food to bulk? I am just starting a bulk cycle tomorrow if you want to add me we can track our progress and stuff. A little competition always keeps me motivated.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As was mentioned already, if you've been working out for about 7 months and still not looking like you lift, you likely haven't eaten enough during that time. Try going to the Nutrition section and read the stickies to estimate your maintenance calories and then add 200-500 calories for it to be a bulk. Muscle and weight you can lift should both increase during your bulk.

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by snowyowl View Post
    I start to workout since july 2012 and I don't even look like a started to lift. I know I shouldn't care, but it's hard to go to gym, especially when I'm skinny af and lift chitty weights infront of all these schredded dudes. Recently I was very discouraged because I didn't increase my benchpress weight since a month despite my efforts. I feel like I'm going nowhere, wasting my time and that I should focus on school instead. At the same time I want to keep going.
    Not that you want to look like me or anything(I hope you dont -.-) but are you trying to get ripped or strong? From your writing it seems as if you want to get stronger on your bench. You do not have to bulk to gain strength on bench press but it definitely helps keep you balanced with higher weight.

Prepare for my advice..... To gain strength on the bench you have to change up your routine. If you want high numbers you have to lift high numbers. For an example, if your max is 225 pounds on bench and you just cant seem to go any higher what should you do? Well what i would do is lift 165 x 8 reps, 185x 4 reps, 200 x 2 reps and 225 x 1 rep 3 times a week. I know some might say how can you lift 225 after being exhausted from lifting the other heavy weight? Well that is the point. When you are able to hit your 1 rep max (225) after doing reps with the other weight you can see your gains as you are working out.
    This is how i was lifting and was able to gain anywhere from 5-20s a week on Bench Press, the only difference is I did this 5 days a week i would just throw it into all my other workouts. This can cause fatigue and strain on your body so for the weekend just rest properly as far as your chest muscles go.

My cool story bro is more pathetic than yours: I was 500+ pounds just getting back into the gym only benching 225 pounds which is less than half my weight -.-. Using the method I explained above in about 2 months I could lift 315 for 4 reps. 2 months after that I could bench 385 as my max while as my weight had gotten down to 420 pounds. So another thing is as my weight dropped lower my strength continued to increase which allows me to personally say I did not have to really get bigger in size to gain strength. The end result for me was 366 pounds benching 425 which was higher than my weight and for that I am satisfied because I have came a long way. You can also go a long way as long as you work on the things you are trying to improve more so than others. So keep up the great work and don't hang your head as they say if your head is down in a fight then you will go down!!!