ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ivxenz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The final stages of a first ever cut

Hi, I have been cutting for about 10 months now. I am 6'1" 27yr, and went from 103kg to 80kg and at about 19% bf right now. The first half of this cut I had no idea about lifting or bb.com so i spent most of it doing cardio. Now I have been keeping up my macros, calorie counting and lifting for the past 3-4 months now and progress is still happening

BUT

i had a lower back slipped disc about 6-7 years ago and now since my weight has dropped and I have not been able to add strength or mass to my lower back (because of cutting) my exercise regiment has frequently being put on pause because of strained lower back after lifting.

I am about 3kgs from the point where i feel i will be lean enough to start my first ever bulk (the muscles on my frame are not much at all right now) so i was wondering if i can do the following:

Ramp up the cardio
    Keep the diet and macros
    Cut down on lifting to just the 3 compound lifts of Bench press, Deadlifts and Squats (and maybe OHP and Curls) to 2 days a week till I reach the level of leanness I am aiming for before the bulk

Cliffs:
    very close to finishing a cut and being adequately lean to start a bulk
    heavy weight training without adding strength or mass really affecting my lower back stamina
    thinking about lowering down the volume and number of lifting days and adding more cardio with same diet for these last 3kgs.

nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50) nicklyne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ivxenz View Post
    Hi, I have been cutting for about 10 months now. I am 6'1" 27yr, and went from 103kg to 80kg and at about 19% bf right now. The first half of this cut I had no idea about lifting or bb.com so i spent most of it doing cardio. Now I have been keeping up my macros, calorie counting and lifting for the past 3-4 months now and progress is still happening

BUT

i had a lower back slipped disc about 6-7 years ago and now since my weight has dropped and I have not been able to add strength or mass to my lower back (because of cutting) my exercise regiment has frequently being put on pause because of strained lower back after lifting.

I am about 3kgs from the point where i feel i will be lean enough to start my first ever bulk (the muscles on my frame are not much at all right now) so i was wondering if i can do the following:

Ramp up the cardio
    Keep the diet and macros
    Cut down on lifting to just the 3 compound lifts of Bench press, Deadlifts and Squats (and maybe OHP and Curls) to 2 days a week till I reach the level of leanness I am aiming for before the bulk

Cliffs:
    very close to finishing a cut and being adequately lean to start a bulk
    heavy weight training without adding strength or mass really affecting my lower back stamina
    thinking about lowering down the volume and number of lifting days and adding more cardio with same diet for these last 3kgs.
    I wouldn't sacrifice lifting over cardio.

What is your deficit like? Can you not make it any bigger without cardio?
    I REP BACK

Calories in vs Calories Out Bro
    IIFYM

NEBOSH

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No pictures?
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24