hello everyone. First of all i want to say that this is my first topic here.
Im seventeen years old and i would like to know what is best for me to lose fat. Maybe someone can suggest me some diets or workout programs. My main goal at the moment is to lose fat, but it wouldn't be bad to gain some muscles too. Im going to gym 3 times per week and i don't have any program i know it's bad and im not taking any diet at the moment what too is bad. So maybe someone can help me? There is one problem. School. In school there is one meal a day so basically i eat 3 times a day. Many diets consist of 6 meals per day so maybe is some other diets? And about programs i would like to say that the gym where i am working is old school stuff. It's really small and it's not like big gyms.
I will appreciate any help
Thread: Help. Want to lose fat.
02-10-2013, 11:34 AM #1
Help. Want to lose fat.
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM #2
1. Get rid of your misconceptions
2. Calculate your calories and macros
3. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
4. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
5. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count properly.
6. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a program like Starting Strength. Why not your own routine? Read this.
7. If nothing happens after 3 weeks, reexamine calculations, and eat less.
-Credit to dmacdonal9 for the list.
02-10-2013, 11:40 AM #3
- Join Date: Feb 2012
- Location: Halifax, NS, Canada
- Age: 43
- Posts: 11,348
- Rep Power: 18122
6 meals has no advantage over 3, so no worries.
Stop thinking about "diets". Instead, compose your own diet of foods you enjoy that meet your macro and calories goals, ideally from whole and minimally processed sources.
If by old school stuff you mean free weights instead of machines, consider yourself lucky.
02-10-2013, 01:37 PM #4
02-10-2013, 02:05 PM #5
Btw buzz, what ate your stats? I normally don't recommend, really, any teenager to be cutting.
If anything, eat at maintenance and lift weight. Your body is at its prime in terms of hormones and muscle growth, take advantage of it.Aspiring Raw Powerlifter 74kg Weight Class
First Meet March 31st 2014
Results: 5th (last) / out of 5 contestants at 74kg in open division
Results Overall: 13th / out of 21 contestants at 74kg in all divisions
Next Meet August 23rd 2014
74kg Open Division
02-11-2013, 06:18 AM #6
By chrisstoddard in forum Losing FatReplies: 5Last Post: 07-28-2011, 08:33 AM
By x31234 in forum Losing FatReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-2010, 01:35 PM
By skelooth in forum Losing FatReplies: 215Last Post: 05-24-2009, 12:29 PM
By TheFreshman in forum Losing FatReplies: 5Last Post: 01-26-2008, 11:47 PM