ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)

The Key to aesthetics

People ask me all the time, you bro, whats you trick? what do you take? you on roids? etc etc

I'm going to tell you right now the keys to aesthetics.

The #1 is time and consistency. It will take years, if you want a lifetime of aesthetics then prepare for that. If all you care about is getting shredded for one summer then feel free to turn to drugs and go through the ups and downs and unsustainable results they produce (this doesnt just go for anabolics, but also cutting agents like EC, yohimbine, clen, etc. Remember that every action has a (usually) reverse reaction.

#2 (in b4 the ban) bb.com wont like this but 99% of supplements out there are useless. Plus who the hell wants to mentally (majority of time) and physically (less than 1% of the time) want to be dependent on take a whole drawer full of supplements and spending 15% of their income or more on a year. Whey protein (if you cant get enough from food), creatine, caffeine (in 100-200mg doses) are all thats been needed.

#3 dont overtrain. Its a simple as this odds are you cant do the intense routines in the magazines the fitness models and pros do because your not on steroids. And you probably cant with success do the ones the fitness gurus spew all over this forum because they want you in an overtrained non-result state so that you turn to their supplement products to try to solve it.

#4 health is far more important than extremes like keto. Get your fruits and veggies in. Eating super low fat, low/no carbs, rediculous amounts of protein (like 2g/lb) is unhealthy and simply no necessary.

#5 dont be a slave. It is good to have goals but it shouldnt run your life. Meal timing isnt all that important except for post workout, so if your neglecting important parts of your life to make a meal every 2-3 hours because it causes anxiety if you "miss" a meal. Stop. yourdoinitwrong.

#6 resting is important but if you do it right, theres really no reason to "plan" a day off for the sake of a day off. Dont plan days off, take a day off when something important comes up like your friends want to go to vegas for the weekend.

#7 proper form always, dont neglect streching, dont do cardio just for the sake of doing it. Its a waste of life. Find something that involves cardio that youre interested in and use THAT as your means of cardio. (a sport, biking, snowboarding, etc) HIIT can be fun since you can try to beat your own records (like lifting) but dont be one of those drones that goes in to walk on the treadmill for an hour in complete and udder boredom (unless you can find another way to learn whillst doing so like reading/listening to a book) but even then switch it up or you will come to hate it extremely fast.

#8 The most important rule, find what works best for you. Maybe you like high reps, maybe low reps. But remember while finding what works you MUST adhere to the important rules above. If you do not then start preparing now for short term aesthetics for long term failure.

Now for the question I get asked a lot. Whats my training routine and diet like. Its simple really. I follow a lower volume, every other day routine. I focus on the weak points with power movements then choose 4-5 exercises fo finish off. For example:

Mon
    5x5 - BB flat bench
    Then 3x6-12 (usually making the first set 12 reps and the warmup): DB lunges, Pull-ups, Isolated shoulder press machine, DB curls.
    10 mins streching.

Then the next day if I am looking to lose bodyfat I will typically do HIIT, streching, abs. Or some sort of sport for an hour.

Tues
    5x5 - Deadlift
    3x6-12: Pec-Dec, DB rows, Dips, DB side laterals, Seated Calf raise.

The next day if im just maintaining or want to gain I will do something like a yoga class for an hour (promotes active recovery, streching, and less intense than HIIT/sports for an hour)

etc, etc. No days off I save those for when something important comes up.

My diet?
    Everyone is different for this. When maintaining/gaining I will keep it on the high end of the scale. and when cutting a few lbs of bodyfat the lower end. I like higher fats personally. And cycle my carbs.
    Carb days (once every 3-4 days)
    180-200g protein.
    300-400g carbs.
    40-60g fat.

Regular days
    180-200g protein
    100-175g carbs.
    100-140g fat.

~ 2800 cals when gain / maintain and ~2600+increase activity when cutting.

Supplements I take?
    Whey protein
    Creatine
    Coffee (pre-weight workouts only)

I have cheat days where I dont track anything at all on the same days when I take a day off. Say its valentines day and I take a weekend trip with the wife. I simply dont worry about anything related to lifting whatsoever for those 2 days and enjoy myself. Since I am natural, and dont need to pack 100s of pills and powders with me there is really no flucuation whatsoever.

Use these simple rules and they will pay off.

So if you want to be shredded, lean, big, and be a

nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    I came in expecting trash advice and was pleasantly surprised. The keys are solid, but I'm not sure that listing what you do is meaningful after emphasizing "find what works for you". It just confuses things by implying your choices are best practice that should be emulated.
    Science improves practice, practice advances science.

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pretty cool post

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nobrah View Post
    I came in expecting trash advice and was pleasantly surprised. The keys are solid, but I'm not sure that listing what you do is meaningful after emphasizing "find what works for you". It just confuses things by implying your choices are best practice that should be emulated.
    ^^^ This.

OP, for someone that's come across as an arrogant, douchebag (IMO) in the past, this has some great points.

The guys after aesthetics, very regularly, think more is better and the only possiblity for the "Adonis" look, is to have an "Adonis" attitude, which doesn't need to be the case; you can look like an Adonis, and still act human.
    They also try to impersonate magazine models (and actors with great aesthetics), and think they can get that look they want before Summer because these other guys did... the point you made on this, I also enjoyed.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j00cey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    sick post brah, repped

ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500) ThailandBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    It does no such thing. I get asked the question daily about what I do. I just decided to post what I am doing now to show a different view from what may be ingrained into someones head about what they should do. For example a lot of people follow the 4-5x a week training 1 bodypart per day with multiple sets. For some people this can and will work (i see it with some others in the gym) for me? I did it for 2 years and got 0 results. Infact my strength even went down on some lifts.

I am not implying at all that my choices are the best. Just the fact that some people in this world are not able to take "what works for you" and run with it and try different things out. They actually need to see something which disagrees with their current knowledge or viewpoint infront of them to get the perspective and put "what works for you" into action.

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is good advice for someone just starting off but most people usually start off training for strength so I'd imagine their rep range would be low instead of high. I like a variation of both...which is why I chose the PHAT routine

Originally Posted by ThailandBrah View Post
    So if you want to be shredded, lean, big, and be a
    Be a what OP? I need to know!
    Patience, dedication, drive.

IG: @miscfit27

My Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156836923

Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    This is good advice for someone just starting off but most people usually start off training for strength so I'd imagine their rep range would be low instead of high. I like a variation of both...which is why I chose the PHAT routine

Be a what OP? I need to know!
    mazing in bed.

MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MiscDemeanor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    mazing in bed.
    No where in the original post did you mention hip thrusts. Must....incorporate....the....hip thrusts! Get your barbell humpin' on

My Log:

Originally Posted by MiscDemeanor View Post
    No where in the original post did you mention hip thrusts. Must....incorporate....the....hip thrusts! Get your barbell humpin' on
    stop hitting on me

stop hitting on me
    Lol not sure if srs? Ok. I was just mentioning an amazing exercise, not trying to hit on you. Take from it what you will!

My Log:

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wut? Good advice? He tells people to never plan a day off. That's utter crap.
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242

Step 1) Believe in urself Diddoo's Avatar
    Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Diddoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My few points

#1- intensity. This is what I believe to be the answer more then ANYTHING IMO with a decent diet

#2- find the PERFECT form.. on every exercise. Wherever I was lacking it was simply because I didnt ONE rep correctly. It amazes me people do HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS reps and not do one set correctly.
    One correct set >>>> is better then someones whole workout. (its very hard to do a correct/perfect set, its a 'good pain' feeling- most people lack to ever improve form..) (its very hard to learn the form that you need on every exercise but its comes with time, consistency, research and the will to improve

#3- Lots of meat, lots of oatmeal. Lots of veggies

#4 watch bodybuilding motivational videos on youtube. WATCH the pros. WATCH their form. COPY form. Also take things from them in their workout

consistant, dedicated, intense, smart--- be this
    and OPs advice

tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tden99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    This I completely agree with. There are people who will train themselves into the ground without taking time off.

rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rand18m is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read the original post and this was going to be my reply^^! Good as always Nobrah!

Originally Posted by tden99 View Post
    This I completely agree with. There are people who will train themselves into the ground without taking time off.
    Didn't catch the part where he said don't take a day off, just don't necessarily plan it to the T, I agree, most of my days off are either because of outside commitments, which change daily, or I'm listening to my body and it says take a day, or week off.

The point is to not get so structured you quit, or at least that's the way I'm taking his message, a message I agree with.

The larger point is this whole journey is subjective and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for others; if a study is conducted that shows 80% of people derive benefit from X, there's still 20% that don't, same goes for both sides of his comments. For some, very strict rules are what is needed, for others it runs them off and back to sedentary ways. There is NO black and white with anything discussed on this forum. Nothing!

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    no keto huh?

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I thought the general philosophy was mostly around expect a long journey, and don't get too stressed about everything; that's why I liked it. I misunderstood the part about needing to train every day.
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000) KouRon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Diddoo View Post
    My few points

#1- intensity. This is what I believe to be the answer more then ANYTHING IMO with a decent diet

#2- find the PERFECT form.. on every exercise. Wherever I was lacking it was simply because I didnt ONE rep correctly. It amazes me people do HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS reps and not do one set correctly.
    One correct set >>>> is better then someones whole workout. (its very hard to do a correct/perfect set, its a 'good pain' feeling- most people lack to ever improve form..) (its very hard to learn the form that you need on every exercise but its comes with time, consistency, research and the will to improve

#3- Lots of meat, lots of oatmeal. Lots of veggies

#4 watch bodybuilding motivational videos on youtube. WATCH the pros. WATCH their form. COPY form. Also take things from them in their workout

consistant, dedicated, intense, smart--- be this
    and OPs advice
    As long as their names aren't Branch Warren or Johnny Jackson lol
    ★★★ I was part of Ultra 2013 Thread Crew ★★★
    No Fap October 2012 COMPLETED!
    Misc Persian Crew
    -->>MMC<<--
    Dorian Yates training = The only way to train!
    M4L Krew Representing!~
    RIP - Az "Zyzz" Sergeyevich :( , The god has fallen, but the legend lives on! <3

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by KouRon View Post

this mother****nig weight im gonna lift **** you pussy barbell

bravehorsie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post, there is a very bright idea - do not bend your life around training biases, just find what best fits for you and stick with it. There are several paths you can take to reach your goals, you shold choose most attractive to you not to others.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great advice!

Other than the 'never plan a day off' thing .. I find it extremely satisfying on Friday after my workout knowing I don't need to hit the gym again until Monday... it's the best feeling ever - the end of a successful 5-day workout and now I get 2 days of rest.

Tell me others on here get that "end of the workout week" feeling as well?

Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ka0s is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KouRon View Post
    I am offended good sir, branch has perfect form on half-ROM seated push presses

jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000) jnycs is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good list. I get asked / made fun of all the time by my friends on how I stay in great shape. I even get guys at the gym asking what supplements / enhancers I'm using.
    I laugh and reply "eat food and lift heavy". Whey protein is and always will be the only "supplement" I consume, and thats only to achieve some protein that I couldn't eat.

Originally Posted by psychodiver9 View Post
    the only thing that's utter crap is your physique ****g0t so hit the showers and retire. This game of aesthetics is not for you.

BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000) BeingPaid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    the only thing that's utter crap is your physique ****g0t so hit the showers and retire. This game of aesthetics is not for you.
    you're a little late on your comeback :S
    The first known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used by Egyptians in 2000 B.C.

McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000) McWinning is just really nice. (+1000)
    I was reading this and didnt realize the date..then i saw i posted in this topic b4 lol