dendinger87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

new job; new city need motivation to get to the gym

I just moved to a new city because of my job. I find myself lacking the motivation to get to the gym now and its bad because i sit on my butt literally all day at work as i work on a computer/phone about 95% of my 8 hour shift. I have a weird shift though i work noon to 830. I know I need to go in the morning before work but only have done it a few times. any ideas or tips?

Contemplated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dendinger87 View Post
    I just moved to a new city because of my job. I find myself lacking the motivation to get to the gym now and its bad because i sit on my butt literally all day at work as i work on a computer/phone about 95% of my 8 hour shift. I have a weird shift though i work noon to 830. I know I need to go in the morning before work but only have done it a few times. any ideas or tips?
    I love going to the gym first thing in the morning. It feels like your day starts off a lot better. My morning routine is I am usually up at about 530 or so. I make a small pot of coffee and drink about a half of a cup while I wake up and put on my running shoes or other gym attire. Go work out (My gym is only about 1/4 of a mile away from my house so I jog there just to get the blood pumping) then go home make breakfast (usually an egg sandwich) and start my day.

Obviously for you the only alteration to the plan is you probably don't need to be up so early. Just remember though (at least this applies to my gym) The gyms are usually empty first thing in the morning so it makes for a much more time efficient workout when you don't have to wait for equipment. (That should be some motivation right there )

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dendinger87 View Post
    Instead of giving up your morning in which it seems you have a problem with would be to sign up for a 24 hour gym in which you get a key to the gym to go in at anytime you want. This allows you to go into the gym on your time. Seeing the city at night would also be a bonus. If you are not married or in a relationship you can meet new people in the gym of your preference. Working out with that person or dating you have someone to share the feelings you have which will help you and him/her achieve your goals.

Contemplated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    Instead of giving up your morning in which it seems you have a problem with would be to sign up for a 24 hour gym in which you get a key to the gym to go in at anytime you want. This allows you to go into the gym on your time. Seeing the city at night would also be a bonus. If you are not married or in a relationship you can meet new people in the gym of your preference. Working out with that person or dating you have someone to share the feelings you have which will help you and him/her achieve your goals.
    That's a really good idea too.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Smoothmeduso View Post
    ^This. My gym is a 24 hour gym and I love that about it because I can go and workout late at night and nobody is at the gym.

Also, just think to yourself that whatever your goals are as far as fitness is related or that goal physique you have in mind, skipping the gym is making putting off that result all the more and going to make it take longer to achieve.

chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chroneos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    new city means you'll meet new people, thats a +

Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Agree with previous posters on the 24 hr gym. Also, make yourself a killer playlist for the gym - that's always important to me & helps motivate me.
    "Mishka"
    Atlanta, GA
    Weights 5 days/wk. Clean eating.
    2/12/13 - found out we're PREGNANT! Due October 24!