TheJunglist has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fast Track Fitness Plan Advice (circa 6 weeks): Balancing goals & diet?

Hi guys & girls. New here and it looks like a decent place! So I'll look to get used to the tools shortly and have a proper look around. Just at work but sneaking in some time to sort my goals out!

I'm wondering if anyone could give me some decent advice and maybe point me in the way of a schedule for workout/diet that might help me achieve my goals.

I would like to get my body into shape for personal accomplishment/sporting performance but also because I want to give modelling a go this year. So before I send off any photos I want to be in decent form.

I'm 6ft and about 12st 3 (78kg / 172lbs). I think I could lose 10lbs of fat and the process of doing that by cardio is important for my sport performance and fitness. So I need to balance the energy requirements of continual cardio against muscle building. My muscle goals are to build a little but mainly gain definition. Think Brad Pitt in Fight Club, Jason Statham in anything. With the intention of more gains in the future.

It's the 10th Feb...and I'd like to do this in 6 weeks by 24th Mar to begin sending pics off to agencies. In previous efforts to build I've struggled to push myself hard with weight training, not for lack of desire. I can push myself through the barrier with running but find myself tired and giving up short on weights. I don't know the best way to ramp up on muscles.

Thanks for reading people. If you know something that has worked for you maybe or someone else with balancing the goals then that would be superb. Supplements...the minefield...I'll have to research things on this, but if it's safe, not too expensive and works well I'll look into it.

I work 1 day a week at present so I have time to hit the gym or do 2 activities daily (maybe more). This basically is my no.1 focus for now.

Many thanks!