marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

So many programs avaiable! Goal = Definition (Thoughts and Help Please )

Goal of my program is to get cut, I don't want to get too bulky at all. Already 200.2 LBS at 5'7. Photo of me being relaxed then flexing is my profile pic, Can't post any pics yet. Comments please!!!

Mon - Spartacus Workout 1.0 (H.I.I.T with light db) can't post links yet

Tues - Upper Body Strength Session
    Bench Press Super set with 1 Arm Row(90 sec rest), Military Press Super Set with Chin Ups(90 sec rest), Press ups Super Set with Fat man chins 3 sets max

Close Grip Bench press Super Set with Triceps Pulls ALL EXERCISES ARE 4 SETS, 6 REPS THEN 5 THEN 4 THEN 6-8 EXCEPT FOR CLOSE GRIP SUPER SET WITH TRIS WHICH IS 3 SETS AND 8 REPS

Weds - 40 Cardio recovery

Thurs - Spartacus Workout 1.0 (H.I.I.T with light db) can't post links yet

Fri - ????? Cardio or hit the weights room?

Sat - H.I.I.T - Slow recovery jog 1 min, Hard pace 1 min. Repeat 5 times. REST 5 MINS then Slow recovery jog 1 min, Hard pace 1 min again

Sun - Rest

Thank you so much guys!!!!
    Last edited by marshallbenji0; 02-09-2013 at 10:57 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Definition will be achieved at 12% or less bodyfat. Try this:
    http://www.webcalcsolutions.com/fitn....asp?acctnum=3

If you are a novice, do the routine I link to in here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post847953543

Weight training and calorie counting should be your priority. Cardio is secondary to that - never let it interfere with your weight training. I would prefer to see it done only on non weight training days, restrict HIIT to one session a week.

marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) marshallbenji0 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Definition will be achieved at 12% or less bodyfat. Try this: Can't post your link due to being new here

If you are a novice, do the routine I link to in here: Can't post your link due to being new here

Weight training and calorie counting should be your priority. Cardio is secondary to that - never let it interfere with your weight training. I would prefer to see it done only on non weight training days, restrict HIIT to one session a week.
    Thanks for the reply!

Will I be get more bulky? I have been doing weights on and off but doing it free style with friends changing up programs all the time. Just a question for understanding, working out the chest I see there is only one exercise, the bench press... Is only 1 exercise for chest enough? Why don't I split up different muscle groups for different days? And why do you restrict HIIT?

Thanks again for the reply

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by marshallbenji0 View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

Will I be get more bulky? I have been doing weights on and off but doing it free style with friends changing up programs all the time. Just a question for understanding, working out the chest I see there is only one exercise, the bench press... Is only 1 exercise for chest enough? Why don't I split up different muscle groups for different days? And why do you restrict HIIT?

Thanks again for the reply
    "bulky" means gaining fat and muscle to me. This will only happen if you eat a calorie surplus which you shouldn't be doing if you are trying to lose fat.

Time spent training doesn't always mean that much. For example, someone can be an intermediate lifter with their bench press and a novice with their squat and deadlift (which account for far more total muscle). You could also try JasonDBs 5x5 program from the sticky threads which is better suited to someone with a year or so of training experience.

Yes, bench press is enough. Too many exercises tends to push your routine out and frequency and other lifts start to suffer. Balance in your programming will get you the best overall results. Remember pecs and triceps account for a small percentage of the muscle in your body. If you want to be head to toe solid muscle and lean as f**k you need to be squatting, deadlifting, rowing and overhead pressing too.

HIIT will cut into recovery from weight training. The only 2 things that matter in fat loss are:
    - calorie defecit (easiest to control with your diet)
    - muscle preservation - weight training does this so it should never be compromised by other activity

"bulky" means gaining fat and muscle to me. This will only happen if you eat a calorie surplus which you shouldn't be doing if you are trying to lose fat.

Time spent training doesn't always mean that much. For example, someone can be an intermediate lifter with their bench press and a novice with their squat and deadlift (which account for far more total muscle). You could also try JasonDBs 5x5 program from the sticky threads which is better suited to someone with a year or so of training experience.

Yes, bench press is enough. Too many exercises tends to push your routine out and frequency and other lifts start to suffer. Balance in your programming will get you the best overall results. Remember pecs and triceps account for a small percentage of the muscle in your body. If you want to be head to toe solid muscle and lean as f**k you need to be squatting, deadlifting, rowing and overhead pressing too.

HIIT will cut into recovery from weight training. The only 2 things that matter in fat loss are:
    - calorie defecit (easiest to control with your diet)
    - muscle preservation - weight training does this so it should never be compromised by other activity

Thanks again. When I was referring to bulky, I was meaning gaining bigger muscles. I don't want to gain a whole bunch of muscle that would make me look out of proportion, I'm 5'7. Will I be gaining a lot of bigger muscles? Interesting insights, I always thought doing 3 HIIT sessions a week will contribute a lot to getting rid of all that fat because of how hard you are working. Just surprised you can do less HIIT and eat more healthy to see good fat loss.

Thanks again. When I was referring to bulky, I was meaning gaining bigger muscles. I don't want to gain a whole bunch of muscle that would make me look out of proportion, I'm 5'7. Will I be gaining a lot of bigger muscles? Interesting insights, I always thought doing 3 HIIT sessions a week will contribute a lot to getting rid of all that fat because of how hard you are working. Just surprised you can do less HIIT and eat more healthy to see good fat loss.
    Gaining too much muscle is not a problem anyone I've ever met has. If you look too bulky, it's probably mostly due to bodyfat. We all have fat on our limbs and chest. Losing fat will likely make your measurements go down, even if you don't lose any muscle.

Calorie defecit = fat loss. It doesn't matter if you create it by reducing calories consumed or increasing calories burned.

Note that I didn't say that you lose weight by "eating more healthily", I said it happens due to a calorie defecit - which has little to do with the nutrients in food. You can eat only donuts and still lose weight although you'll be miserable, hungry, lose muscle and probably get ill.

Gaining too much muscle is not a problem anyone I've ever met has. If you look too bulky, it's probably mostly due to bodyfat. We all have fat on our limbs and chest. Losing fat will likely make your measurements go down, even if you don't lose any muscle.

Calorie defecit = fat loss. It doesn't matter if you create it by reducing calories consumed or increasing calories burned.

Note that I didn't say that you lose weight by "eating more healthily", I said it happens due to a calorie defecit - which has little to do with the nutrients in food. You can eat only donuts and still lose weight although you'll be miserable, hungry, lose muscle and probably get ill.
    Thanks again, "Gaining too much muscle is not a problem anyone I've ever met has" You never meet someone who has gorilla arms and short. Look out of proportion for their height? I'm quite stocky (wide). Once I lose a lot of body fat.... I guess I'll look lean and not be so wide right?

"You can eat only donuts and still lose weight although you'll be miserable, hungry, lose muscle and probably get ill" Interesting stuff!

Thanks again

You never meet someone who has gorilla arms and short. Look out of proportion for their height? I'm quite stocky (wide). Once I lose a lot of body fat.... I guess I'll look lean and not be so wide right?
    Yep, like I said it's not excessive muscle, it's bodyfat. You've heard the term 'fatceps'?

Yep, like I said it's not excessive muscle, it's bodyfat. You've heard the term 'fatceps'?
    Yeah I just saw some pics of fatceps, I've seen people with little bf% and a lot of muscle and look out of proportion!

cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000) cjlhdevil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah I just saw some pics of fatceps, I've seen people with little bf% and a lot of muscle and look out of proportion!
    If you are eating at a calorie deficit to lose fat you will be making minimal muscles gains. You will see some newbie gains at the beginning but from then on you will just be aiming to preserve the muscle while you lose the fat.

So stop worrying about getting giant, eat less, do weights and lose weight

Originally Posted by cjlhdevil View Post
    If you are eating at a calorie deficit to lose fat you will be making minimal muscles gains. You will see some newbie gains at the beginning but from then on you will just be aiming to preserve the muscle while you lose the fat.

So stop worrying about getting giant, eat less, do weights and lose weight
    Alright, I can now post pics These were taken yesterday, me relaxed then flexing. Do you think my chest needs more work? I was thinking it looks a bit small that's why I was asking about muscle gains..... I'm @ 93 kg (204 pounds) and 5'7

Thanks
    Attached Images