Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100)

Is it even worth getting a good physique with a waist to hip ratio of 28 to 36?

Big wide pelvic bone, I'm skinny, small ribcage. Don't wanna work out if it's not even worth it, I'm tired of not seeing results, or never being able to have V-taper, or a flat body at that, I'm upset and I cannot build fat below the ribcage and above the pelvic bone because all that gets fat are my legs and butt.

Enjoy. The picture -___-

Spoiler!

Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Derekdiruz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Strong quads would take away the hips IMO. Keep at it. Work everything evenly and you'll see what you're looking for.

No reason to give up yet! Work for 4 years and see your weak spots then you'll know what hand your genetics really have dealt!
    365D/305S/245B

Nothing special, but certainly improving.

Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100) Dycfer is not very well liked. (-100)
    Bump

Should I work my obliques? Any advice would help

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dycfer View Post
    Bump

Should I work my obliques? Any advice would help
    You need to work your whole body and eat more. Stop sweating the small stuff - put on more muscle over time and your waist/hip ratio won't matter. If anything, it will help you get a better V-taper once you build lats, shoulders, and the rest of your back. And of course don't neglect your lower body.

Get on a program like Starting Strength, don't worry about working individual muscles, and eat a lot more.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bradcore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's always worth getting into good physique. I wish I had done it sooner, but better late than never.

TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheJimmyRustler is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I know that feel, OP. I too, look like a bit of pear, but then carrying extra weight doesn't help me there.

In any case, as you gain more muscle, you'll fill out and look better. Your frame might not end with you looking four feet broad with a tiny waist, but you'll still look better than most people. Your back, shoulders, chest and arms have the potential to get fcking massive compared to what they are now. Your hips, nah, not so much.

Basially you might feel or look a bit pear-shaped now, but as you can gain muscle that'll slowly vanish as you'll begin to pack on size. Don't let it get you down, bro.

Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adam1125 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's always worth it bro! No one will criticize you for proportions. If they do, they're an a$$hole and hate themselves. I have always been thick in the waist and hips and it has been an incredible struggle to build the rest of my body to the point where I finally have that V-taper. Focus on building big shoulders and lats. Big quads too like Derek said are critical too. Destroy your weak points by sharpening everything else. Dont ever let your genetics stop you from enjoying this lifestyle and especially dont let anyone elses opinions about your proportions influence you. Once your abs are popping and you start to develop your upper body, all the hotties at the beach are not going to care about your hip ratio, trust me.

Also, dont concentrate on training your obliques. Train your abdominals hard. Too much oblique work can make your core look thicker. Heavy weight, mass building exercises on the upper body and lower body, high reps, low resistance on the mid section.
    - Obsessed is a word lazy people use to define the dedicated.

neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) neilhunter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This guy had a 35in waist. You may have heard of him.

Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cool3y is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Big wide pelvic bone, I'm skinny, small ribcage. Don't wanna work out if it's not even worth it, I'm tired of not seeing results, or never being able to have V-taper, or a flat body at that, I'm upset and I cannot build fat below the ribcage and above the pelvic bone because all that gets fat are my legs and butt.
    Yes it's worth it. I don't think you need to focus on a specific area, work on the whole body, eat more and be consistent. There's nothing abnormal about your body, you are just skinny.

nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Enjoy. The picture -___-
    First off its always worth it trust me
    I had these doubts as well, being the smallest kid in school always and asking myself whether i would grow at all
    Of course I am not fitness model material right now, but I am no longer small

Get started and work your butt off , then you will se where the muscles are going to build
    It is surely not about where your body will store fat, is it?
    So try to build that muscle and get your body in the form you want it to be, nobody will stop you

Good luck
    Please get friends with me on BodySpace / Follow my transformation

I wanna share as much knowledge / motivation / encouragement as possible
    Thank you for being there!

HM37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm the same man, wide hips, and it sucks but there is nothing we can do. However, you can build muscle and I know you won't notice the hips once you have built up a decent amount of muscle mass especially on quads, shoulders and back. Sometimes we are our harshest critics anyway: when I've asked others if they have noticed my hips they said they hadn't.

Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Arthur5150 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Truth.

Thanks for the support guys! SirMassAlot has the same build as me, and within 30 days his waist grew half an inch. If he can do it, I can too. I'll focus on abs like people have been telling me to, I've been doing serratus workouts and dumbell pullovers, not noticed a change in 2 months, but I'm still up for doing it, I do see a difference in my arms though.