Ashleye39 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Gaining inches when Eating clean working out

Hi I've been following Jamie easons live fit for a little but now I'm on day 41... I've been eating clean and following the program really well and to be honest I'm getting discouraged because I'm not seeing much results.

I started the program to really help me tone up and get some more definition. I'm naturally a pretty slim physique. I'm 22years old 5'3 and fluctuate between 105-108 lbs. since I started the program I have gained a little weight and see myself sitting at 107-110 but I figured that was from gaining muscle.

What's discouraging me is that I have gained about an inch on my hips and about0.5 inch on my thighs. I really wanted my butt and thighs to tone and slim down and I'm getting really discouraged why I'm increasing in inches. My pants are starting to feel tighter and I'm not over eating either so I'm really confused. When I looked at comments from people doing the live fit trainer some people that are around the day 41 mark are saying they have lost 8 pounds and a few inches but instead with me I have gained weight and inches .. Any one know why this is happening?

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Are you eating a little bit over your caloric maintenance intake (in other terms: TDEE)?

The only reason why you would gain a few inches and pounds is that your body is actually developing muscles due to your nutrition.

Eating clean has no relevance to your body composition, it's all about calories in vs calories out. As long as you eat under your maintenance, you will lose weight. The opposite is completely true. If you eat over your maintenance, you will gain weight (in other words, inches as well).

Find out with an online guesstimator/calculator to see what your TDEE is through FitnessFrog's TDEE Calculator. It's a give or take with a margin of error of 1-5% (more or less), so play around with it and see what you need to eat. Download MyFitnessPal to track all calories on your desktop and on your mobile phone (android/iphone).
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

I have been following the calories I'm takin in and I never go over 1200 ever. This is the thing that's confusing me because I'm working so hard ad I'm getting no where with

Are you eating a little bit over your caloric maintenance intake (in other terms: TDEE)

The only reason why you would gain a few inches and pounds is that your body is actually developing muscles due to your nutrition.

Eating clean has no relevance to your body composition, it's all about calories in vs calories out. As long as you eat under your maintenance, you will lose weight. The opposite is completely true. If you eat over your maintenance, you will gain weight (in other words, inches as well).

Find out with an online guesstimator/calculator to see what your TDEE is through It's a give or take with a margin of error of 1-5% (more or less), so play around with it and see what you need to eat. Download MyFitnessPal to track all calories on your desktop and on your mobile phone (android/iphone).[/QUOTE]

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Two possible reasons;

- Maybe not tracking calories as accurate as it is, or wrong TDEE (there's always mistakes on online calculators, and do you use a food scale? etc)
    - Perhaps you're going through a newbie gains phase; gaining muscle while losing fat

I track everything very accurately and I am very good at making sure I get the right portions.. What do u mean by a newbie gains phase .. I've never heard of this ?

Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    Two possible reasons;

- Maybe not tracking calories as accurate as it is, or wrong TDEE (there's always mistakes on online calculators, and do you use a food scale? etc)
    - Perhaps you're going through a newbie gains phase; gaining muscle while losing fat

When you're a new lifter, or you came back from a long time break, you will experience newbie gains.

Since your body hasn't had this kind of stimulus in a long time, your muscles will grow exponentially in a short period of time (I'd say 6 months is the max that a newbie will experience these kind of gains, some will say 3 months or 1 year, but my broscientistic opinion is 6 months).

This is why fat people/teenagers can potentially gain muscle while losing fat.

So are you saying instead of that fat going away I'm building muscle around it so its making me get bigger instead of smaller ? :s I want the fat that's there to just go not stick around because with all the hard work I'm doing I should be becoming leaner not bigger and clothes should not be fitting tighter.
    When you're a new lifter, or you came back from a long time break, you will experience newbie gains.

Since your body hasn't had this kind of stimulus in a long time, your muscles will grow exponentially in a short period of time (I'd say 6 months is the max that a newbie will experience these kind of gains, some will say 3 months or 1 year, but my broscientistic opinion is 6 months).

This is why fat people/teenagers can potentially gain muscle while losing fat.

Originally Posted by Ashleye39 View Post
    So are you saying instead of that fat going away I'm building muscle around it so its making me get bigger instead of smaller ? :s I want the fat that's there to just go not stick around because with all the hard work I'm doing I should be becoming leaner not bigger and clothes should not be fitting tighter.
    You should have zero fear about this.

As long as you are not eating at a drastic surplus, you will not gain size if any. Muscle has more definition than fat. For example, a t-shirt may fit us perfectly if my biceps are soft as hell and jelly-like, but if they became muscles, my t-shirt may not fit me anymore. So it's not really additional size, just the tone that you ladies are looking for.

Have no fear, many women get a nice tone and stay relatively lean. I haven't seen a super large female bodybuilder yet (don't flame me on this, I really haven't yet).

100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50) 100whey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You are eating more calories than you are burning. Eating clean is a myth. While it can help with satiety and make eating at a caloric intake below maintenance easier, it doesnt matter how clean you eat if you are eating above maintenance you will gain weight. One could eat nothing but mcdonalds, burger king and wendys and if they are counting their calories and eating below maintenance they will lose weight.

A carb is a carb, fats are fats, protein is protein. A burger will give you those macronutrients much like a chicken breast will give you protein, oats will give you carbs(although oats will give you more fibre), and an avacado will give you fats.

I am not aware of Jaime Easons program but to me it sounds as if she is giving a one size fits all diet plan for everyone. That does not work, different people have different energy needs. Jamie Eason will of all people know this.

The only true method to being successful with your muscle building and fat/weight loss goals is to count calories. Work out your maintenance and deduct at most 500 calories. Your maintenance is determined by your gender, height, age, weight and level of physical activity. You can find a maintenance calculator on the internet. Although dont use bodybuilding.com's one. When cutting their calculator gave me like 1000 more calories than I needed.

You dont need to eat clean all the time. I have a mixed diet. I eat fast food quite a bit. Its good that they all offer nutritional information. But I am also mindful of my macro intake. I also eat a lot of fruit and vegetables per day.

I dont know why there isnt more information steering newbies towards the fact that weight loss and weight gain is all determined by calories in vs calories out, there is no such thing as an 'unhealthy' food. If you are sticking to a good ratio of macros and a proper caloric intake you are fine. I guess its the fitness industries way of keeping people from the truth so they can wonder whats going wrong and go and buy a load of crummy supplements that dont even work.
    ✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪

A person who feels no fear is not brave. It is a person who feels fear and makes the choice to face it that is brave.

packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You should have zero fear about this.

As long as you are not eating at a drastic surplus, you will not gain size if any. Muscle has more definition than fat. For example, a t-shirt may fit us perfectly if my biceps are soft as hell and jelly-like, but if they became muscles, my t-shirt may not fit me anymore. So it's not really additional size, just the tone that you ladies are looking for.
    this is a good way of putting it... ARE YOU SURE your numbers are correct? if you are going to follow any program you have to tailor YOUR needs to that program and not go by any one elses success. sure people by day 41 could be losing weight... they could also have an entirely different body comp than you.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you are sure you are doing everything correctly, then stay the course and everything will work out eventually. Do not spend too much time worrying about the results that others have gotten after 41 days.

My body always gains weight before it loses it, as an example. I have zero idea why, but it certainly is annoying. Stay the course.

S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50) S1cTech will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ashleye39 View Post
    Hi I've been following Jamie easons live fit for a little but now I'm on day 41... I've been eating clean and following the program really well and to be honest I'm getting discouraged because I'm not seeing much results.

I started the program to really help me tone up and get some more definition. I'm naturally a pretty slim physique. I'm 22years old 5'3 and fluctuate between 105-108 lbs. since I started the program I have gained a little weight and see myself sitting at 107-110 but I figured that was from gaining muscle.

What's discouraging me is that I have gained about an inch on my hips and about0.5 inch on my thighs. I really wanted my butt and thighs to tone and slim down and I'm getting really discouraged why I'm increasing in inches. My pants are starting to feel tighter and I'm not over eating either so I'm really confused. When I looked at comments from people doing the live fit trainer some people that are around the day 41 mark are saying they have lost 8 pounds and a few inches but instead with me I have gained weight and inches .. Any one know why this is happening?

hun, you are clearly gaining muscle but I have to say. You are 105 and you are complaining? Tons of girls are dying to get around that weight. I am sure you want to add those inches to your butt and thieghs a little bit right? Well in any case. I can't see your diet if you say how good it is, being the major factor but your body could be doing a change over cause it may not be used to it(kind of like the noobie gains) there is no doubt if you are eating this clean as you say that it would be fat, but sometimes you need to realise that a lot could be water weight too. I am sure you know this but your weight under a clean cut won't be the most consistent and most accurate weight for the first couple of days or weeks. I think your best bet it lighten the load and do more cardio if you are trying to get to lower than 105 and cardio kickboxing.