Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Registered User cocaine_emotion's Avatar
    cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000)

Can someone explain to me how guns = freedom?

I am not an advocate of gun control whatsoever. Criminals don't use licensed, legal guns etc.

But I never understood why so many people believe that the relatively lax American gun laws make the US more free than any other country

The threat of a tyrannical government fuking up the people is no longer a relative argument. brb bunch of guys with glocks vs. the police, military, etc

In Canada and most other Western countries you can obtain guns for hunting, etc anyway

I never understood why being able to carry a concealed weapon makes Americans more free than anyone else

Also, wtf does any civilian ever need to own a semi automatic weapon? Understand a handgun for protection but why does a citizen need an uzi?
    $$$ - Monocle-Wearing Arab Money Crew $$$

cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000) cocaine_emotion is just really nice. (+1000)
    bump for murica' related question

iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iron_monster is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The second amendment is an insurance policy for the rest of the constitution.

I'm prettier than you. Dudewhut's Avatar
    Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000) Dudewhut is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm American and I don't get it either, but it doesn't really bother me. People want to be able to protect themselves, it's wrong to take that away imo even if I personally don't like guns.
    Vegetarian brah checking in

Starting Stats: 5'8 103lbs (srs)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

R.I.P Zyzz, forever mirin

Спокойной ночи, милый принц.

HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000) HippyBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    We need assault rifles to protect ourselves from the government.

Gun freedom is everything. I would die for my guns.

KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) KoCorl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It doesn't matter that the tyrannical government part is irrelevant or whatever now-a-days

guns are a SYMBOL of freedom, even though times have changed it is still a symbolic figure that will continue to be.

also fyi - all the most recent shooting did in fact get there semi-auto illegally, so the legality shouldn't even be an issue at hand IMO
    LA misc crew
    Misc Crypto DEEP pockets crew

tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tazman89 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iron_monster View Post
    This and about the thing with guys with glocks agains the military and police think about how many people have more than a glock or just a shotgun.
    Misc Firearms Crew

Registered User miscsleepdoctor's Avatar
    miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by *******_emotion View Post
    I am not an advocate of gun control whatsoever. Criminals don't use licensed, legal guns etc.

But I never understood why so many people believe that the relatively lax American gun laws make the US more free than any other country

The threat of a tyrannical government fuking up the people is no longer a relative argument. brb bunch of guys with glocks vs. the police, military, etc

In Canada and most other Western countries you can obtain guns for hunting, etc anyway

I never understood why being able to carry a concealed weapon makes Americans more free than anyone else

Also, wtf does any civilian ever need to own a semi automatic weapon? Understand a handgun for protection but why does a citizen need an uzi?
    Because guns give us a means of protecting ourselves from Tyranny in government, which is of course, the purpose of the second amendment.

See the problem with your logic, in saying "The threat of a tyrannical government fuking up the people is no longer a relative argument. brb bunch of guys with glocks vs. the police, military, etc", is you are perpetuating the fallacy that police and members of the military are not "the people". The people who serve as police officers and military members are not going to fire upon US citizens that they took an oath to defend and protect, well most of them wont anyway, when they know that in the next state/ town/ city over this same thing is happening to members of their family.

Furthermore, the threat of tyranny is still very relevant today, for reasons I will list below

That said, the reason for strict gun control is to prevent dissension, they dont want angry americans citizens taking to arms and storming wall street with their AR's and AK's when they realize they have effectively been sold out to people who are supposed to have their best interest in mind (elected officials) and when they realize they are effectively debt slaves to the banks and corporations which control the country/ the rest of the industrial world. .

Debt based fiat currency
    privately owned central banks
    big banks and corporations able to influence politics (for their interests) for $
    etc
    etc
    Last post in every thread crew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT4VXF1XJYk

Smile with me brother. Nefariousx1's Avatar
    Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nefariousx1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iron_monster View Post
    holy sh*t I like this.....damnnnnnn

Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Turamber has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm pretty sure uzi's are illegal. I'm not American but my understanding is originally guns were to protect the people from corrupt governments but now guns are used to protect what's yours. I'd much rather be packing a semi auto ar15 with a high capacity mag if a rabid pack of urban youths broke into my house intent on robbing, raping and killing me or my family than a glock..

Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000) Skythes is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its to ensure freedom

i.e. you can kill people if they try to start a tyranny on you
    "People have got to learn not to reply to trolls." - Noliberals4
    "I would cut off ny right hand that Hillary is our next President." - rocker1

Originally Posted by miscsleepdoctor View Post
    The people who serve as police officers and military members are not going to fire upon US citizens that they took an oath to defend and protect, well most of them wont anyway, when they know that in the next state/ town/ city over this same thing is happening to members of their family.
    Then it is pretty much solely symbolic. What physical purpose to the guns themselves actually serve in this regard?

scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scotyg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

ive had a pump-action shotgun freeze shut on me before while hunting. semi-automatics, with their action contained entirely within the gun, don't have this problem as much. for hunting rifles, im a lefty and its hard to find left-handed bolt actions, semi-automatic rifles are more readily available in similar calibers.

just an example, but its nice to have the choice.

also, the "american" sense of freedom is associated with personal liberties.

skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250) skiezics has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The threat of a tyrannical government fuking up the people is no longer a relative argument.
    Because people actually believe this.

Unfortunately most people who know nothing about guns get their information about them from the news, politicians, television, and movies which is filled with inaccuracies and outright lies.

Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Strong... strong ignorance, a handgun is semi-automatic, unless it's a revolver.

SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SamJaYY has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Alex jones shall set you free OP

miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500) miscsleepdoctor is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Then it is pretty much solely symbolic. What physical purpose to the guns themselves actually serve in this regard?
    I explained it in the rest of my post. But I will let this quote from Thomas Jefferson clear this up

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Understand a handgun for protection but why does a citizen need an uzi?
    this is why you don't get it. you are so fuggin ignorant to whats going on around you, as far as guns go, that you think we can own uzi's. fuggin retard

owning an uzi is a LOOOOONNG EXPENSIVE process

you are so far stupid that you don't deserve an opinion

Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jeffreezy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It's a deterrent against tyranny, you think the mahdi army, taliban, or Al-Qaeda would've lasted as long as they if they didn't have guns?

Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000) Monstarx is just really nice. (+1000)
    bunch of guys with glocks? lol, more like every single american with a glock waiting behind every flag pole, every garbage can, every piece of grass. No one wants any of that. That safe feeling I have when I'm holding my ak-47, the fact that It would take a small army to take over my house with all 3 of my roommates owning guns. That too me is the freedom muh friend.
    "You must ignore your fear, when you're afraid you can't act, if you can't act you can't defend, if you can't defend you die."

"What others think of you is none of your concern, be a WARRIOR not a worrier."

"'Someday' Is a Disease That Will Take Your Dreams to The Grave With You."

#MAGA

Green Bay Packers, Portland Trailblazers, Oregon Ducks.

TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000) TheBigNasty is just really nice. (+1000)
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
    ***MISC Firefighter/Paramedic Crew***
    *** MISC Firearms Crew***
    ***MISC Wipe Back To Front Crew***

Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Reef58 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Serious answer. Gun give the people power. Now you can say they are no match for the military, and police, but remember not all of the military or police will follow orders to kill Americans. Look at the war between the Russians and Afgans. A superior military power got their butts kicked. The sheer numbers of gun owners trumps the military and police. That is assuming you can coordinate the police departments, local, and the military national. Numbers rule.

Originally Posted by Jeffreezy View Post
    Strong... strong ignorance, a handgun is semi-automatic, unless it's a revolver.
    I meant assault rifles and other over-the top weapons and military accessories that are available to the average citizen

Originally Posted by miscsleepdoctor View Post
    I explained it in the rest of my post. But I will let this quote from Thomas Jefferson clear this up

""When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." "
    how in this day and age can the government, police systems, etc be afraid of the people? its not a real threat...the army could move in an take everything nazi germany style if they so wanted to and theyre doing it now with many of the imposed policies

I meant assault rifles and other over-the top weapons and military accessories that are available to the average citizen

how in this day and age can the government, police systems, etc be afraid of the people? its not a real threat...the army could move in an take everything nazi germany style if they so wanted to and theyre doing it now with many of the imposed policies
    Assault Rifles have been de-facto banned since 1986' again, your ignorance is showing.

Originally Posted by Reef58 View Post
    Serious answer. Gun give the people power. Now you can say they are no match for the military, and police, but remember not all of the military or police will follow orders to kill Americans. Look at the war between the Russians and Afgans. A superior military power got their butts kicked. The sheer numbers of gun owners trumps the military and police. That is assuming you can coordinate the police departments, local, and the military national. Numbers rule.
    this answer actually makes sense to me

but does that mean you all believe that everyone would actually have the balls to revolt if it need be?

non-American living in the US asking seriously....not trying to rustle jimmies

Originally Posted by Monstarx View Post
    bunch of guys with glocks? lol, more like every single american with a glock waiting behind every flag pole, every garbage can, every piece of grass. No one wants any of that. That safe feeling I have when I'm holding my ak-47, the fact that It would take a small army to take over my house with all 3 of my roommates owning guns. That too me is the freedom muh friend.
    You and the op are both committing the Argumentum ad Populum fallacy. Stop with this nonsense (although I agree with your position)

Originally Posted by Jeffreezy View Post
    Assault Rifles have been de-facto banned since 1986' again, your ignorance is showing.
    im not American I live here for work so you are right, I am ignorant in this regard

F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000) F2. is a name known to all. (+5000)

jesus people like you are delusional. "omg all hope is lost, so lets just roll over and die"

ever think that maybe just maybe not everyone in the military would turn on it's own? I'd bet dollars to donuts that the majority of the military would defect and take over all the cool toys that we own. thus evening the playing field at the least

Im just saying if someone came in power and imposed a military occupation of most towns and cities across the country, would the people really be able to hold their own in this day and age, even with access to firearms?

Originally Posted by F2. View Post
    this is why you don't get it. you are so fuggin ignorant to whats going on around you, as far as guns go, that you think we can own uzi's. fuggin retard

owning an uzi is a LOOOOONNG EXPENSIVE process

you are so far stupid that you don't deserve an opinion
    Originally Posted by F2. View Post
    jesus people like you are delusional. "omg all hope is lost, so lets just roll over and die"

ever think that maybe just maybe not everyone in the military would turn on it's own? I'd bet dollars to donuts that the majority of the military would defect and take over all the cool toys that we own. thus evening the playing field at the least
    i didnt grow up here and im simply inquiring about a mindset and set of beliefs i am not familiar with

strong butthurt *******