parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Bulk or Cut for football?

im a offensive tackle and i will be a sophomore next year. im 5'10-225lb and around 20%-25& body fat(i have a some sort of beer belly but other than that im in a athletic shape)season starts in 1 month and i have no idea what should i do. im kinda slow 5.6 40 yard dash and i would like to get lighter to get faster and to get more ripped to look better lol but i don't really want hurt my strength and my numbers on the other side and wanna make more gains before this season so i can get stronger.
    So what should i do? bulk or cut?

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    bulk? cut? terms not used by football players. Bigger, stronger, faster are used by football players. As for what to do. With one month left before practices you're about 5 months too late for training. For someone serious about football you want to spend at least 8-12 weeks on offseason strength training and then 4-8 weeks SAQ training and power development going into to August practices. With a month left you could look at the speed template in WS4SB3 and whatever lifting you can fit in (which depends on what, if anything you've been doing). On OL you need great footwork or you will be left in the dust by more nimble DL - doesn't matter how big and strong you think you are, if you aren't quick and can't square up you're toast.

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Keep eating and do foot/hand work drills.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50) parsa766 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    bulk? cut? terms not used by football players. Bigger, stronger, faster are used by football players. As for what to do. With one month left before practices you're about 5 months too late for training. For someone serious about football you want to spend at least 8-12 weeks on offseason strength training and then 4-8 weeks SAQ training and power development going into to August practices. With a month left you could look at the speed template in WS4SB3 and whatever lifting you can fit in (which depends on what, if anything you've been doing). On OL you need great footwork or you will be left in the dust by more nimble DL - doesn't matter how big and strong you think you are, if you aren't quick and can't square up you're toast.
    I have started 6 months ago and i would lift and eat and i gained 20-25 and a lot if strength. But i think some of that 25lb was fat and i do want to get rid if it to get faster. But i don't want go on a calorie deflict because it can hurt my strength.I want get leaner to get faster and i also want get stronger so should i eat less to get leaner or more to get stronger.Thats what i was asking

If i eat the amont of calories i can eat everyday and i do cardio hiit training and not go on a deflict can i still loose fat and not loose strength or will i use strength too

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's hard to maintain strength during football season and you're soon to enter a period of time when you're lifting and doing 2 a day practices and will need a fairly large amount of calories. So, I wouldn't look to cut. If you think you need to loose some weight do it slowly, aim for 1-2 pounds per week at most. If you can do that you can probably maintain your strength. One thing to do is to eat early and eat clean. For example; if you're eating lot's of pizza, hamburger, fries, potato chips and other things loaded with processed carbs then cut those out and replace with lean meats and less processed carbs (fruit). If you're eating a lot in the evening or before bed then cut that way down (or eat very clean) and save your main caloric intake for before and after workouts. Fuel yourself with a purpose but keep working hard. You might find that you maintain your strength, and maintain your weight, but that you develop a better shape through reducing your fat.

Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    It's hard to maintain strength during football season and you're soon to enter a period of time when you're lifting and doing 2 a day practices and will need a fairly large amount of calories. So, I wouldn't look to cut. If you think you need to loose some weight do it slowly, aim for 1-2 pounds per week at most. If you can do that you can probably maintain your strength. One thing to do is to eat early and eat clean. For example; if you're eating lot's of pizza, hamburger, fries, potato chips and other things loaded with processed carbs then cut those out and replace with lean meats and less processed carbs (fruit). If you're eating a lot in the evening or before bed then cut that way down (or eat very clean) and save your main caloric intake for before and after workouts. Fuel yourself with a purpose but keep working hard. You might find that you maintain your strength, and maintain your weight, but that you develop a better shape through reducing your fat.
    Thanks for the help man it helped a lot

hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hossjob is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are in high school why do you have a "beer" gut? I hope you're just using that term and it's not caused from "beer". If it is, you may need to address that problem first.

Other than that, you need to get your nutrition down. HS Students, unless extremely obese, shouldn't be focusing on "losing" weight or dieting. They should focus on fueling themselves the right way. Losing some body fat, MAY help you get faster. However, the best way to get faster is to get stronger. If you apply more force to the ground, you will move faster. My assumption is that you are much weaker in the lower body (legs, glutes, core, etc...) than you think. Focus on fuelign yourself properly and working your ass off in the gym and start doing some agility/speed work on your own.
    All American EFX Rep

********: www.********.com/AllAmericanEFX
    Twitter: @AllAmericanEFX
    Instagram: @AAEFX

http://www.aaefx.com

My comments do not necessarily reflect the opinions of All American EFX and they are my own.

NotAGirlieMan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends, do you want to be center?