BballerfromLT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Basketball training need some help

hello guys.Im new here, just signed.As topic says i need some help, but first off all i want to give you some backgroud to my story.

So i love basketball , have been playing it for all my life(now im 18 turning 19 next month).i trained seriously since i was 10 years untill 15.than made 3 years brake(had some issues).i have been playing pick up games those 3 years.and than i was 18 i started to train again, starded doing some ball handling drill, shooting , lifted like bodybiulder though.anyWAYS i realised that i want to become PRO.and this is my lifes goal.i know it will take a lot of hard work but im ready.i have been working for 4-5hours everyday for 9 months and i really enjoy that.But now i have some questions.My goals for now is to increase my first step quickness, defense, vertical and shooting.

my weekly routine looks like this

Monday:1,5h ball handling/3hours shooting/1,5 strengh training
    Tuesday:1,5h ball handling/1h agility .quickness. plyos./30min cardio/1h shooting
    Wednesday:1,5 ball handling/1,5 strengh
    Thursday:3h shooting/1,5h ball handling/30min cardio/1h agility .quickness. plyos.
    Friday:2hours of shooting/1,5hour ball handling/ 1,5 strengh training
    Saturday:4 hours shooting/1,5h ball handling
    sunday:3 hour shootin.or day off if i feel i need one

so this is how i train.

in strengh workouts i work for absolute strengh now. i do
    bench presses
    shoulder presses
    pull ups
    squats
    step ups/lunges
    calf raises
    deadlifts
    squat jumps
    crunches
    leg rises

everything except last 3 i do for 6 reps.

so now i have some questions.

1.can do agility/quickness/plyos workouts other day from strengh training.i've read somewhere that its allright but i want to hear some more opinions.
    2.My diet is quite good now,but im getting calories to keep my weight.my body fat is ~10.so i have around 10 kilos of dead weight.should i lose it now drastically or slower.
    3.i plan do 3 strengh workouts per week for 1 more month than i am going to change it to dynamic lifting/olimpic.do you think its right?
    4.tell your opinion about my weekly routine.

Thanks for your time.i really appreciate it.

flight_90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flight_90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flight_90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flight_90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) flight_90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thats too much ... have you been doing this routine ?? i mean it seems like a routine one would do for few weeks then burnout and stop.

do you work ? go to school? where do you find this much time? is this realistic.

i would suggest you do something like....

day

1. 3hrs on court work going hard.
    2. 2hrs on court work going hard.
    3. 1.5hr on court doing alot of shooting and no sprinting this day. (handles and such)
    4. 3hrs on court work going hard.
    5. 2hrs on court work going hard.
    6. 1.5hr on court doing alot of shooting and no sprinting this day. (handles and such)
    7. day off.

its not about how much you do, but its about how often you do it.

dont try and be a superman.

I'm not sure if youre a skinny guy trying to gain muscle? or a bigger guy trying to tone up.

Let's say you do actual basketball training in the am. I suggest doing weight lifting 2-4 times a week... maybe defranco westside for skinny bastards.

BballerfromLT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been doing this routine for 6months.ofcourse sometimes i dont have enough time to do everything.but my goal is to complete this schedule every week.i still go to to school its my last year.i sacrifise all my free time for training so thats how i find time.im not skinny but not bulky though.i would like to lower my Body fat to around 5-6%.but as i said now im doing strengh training so m afraid that cutting drastically right now will affect my strengh gains and speed, explosivness etc.

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, you're really working hard. I think this is a very ambitious routine and if you can do it then stick with it.

Registered User ShootingStars23's Avatar
    ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ShootingStars23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BballerfromLT View Post
    hello guys.Im new here, just signed.As topic says i need some help, but first off all i want to give you some backgroud to my story.

So i love basketball , have been playing it for all my life(now im 18 turning 19 next month).i trained seriously since i was 10 years untill 15.than made 3 years brake(had some issues).i have been playing pick up games those 3 years.and than i was 18 i started to train again, starded doing some ball handling drill, shooting , lifted like bodybiulder though.anyWAYS i realised that i want to become PRO.and this is my lifes goal.i know it will take a lot of hard work but im ready.i have been working for 4-5hours everyday for 9 months and i really enjoy that.But now i have some questions.My goals for now is to increase my first step quickness, defense, vertical and shooting.

my weekly routine looks like this

Monday:1,5h ball handling/3hours shooting/1,5 strengh training
    Tuesday:1,5h ball handling/1h agility .quickness. plyos./30min cardio/1h shooting
    Wednesday:1,5 ball handling/1,5 strengh
    Thursday:3h shooting/1,5h ball handling/30min cardio/1h agility .quickness. plyos.
    Friday:2hours of shooting/1,5hour ball handling/ 1,5 strengh training
    Saturday:4 hours shooting/1,5h ball handling
    sunday:3 hour shootin.or day off if i feel i need one

so this is how i train.

in strengh workouts i work for absolute strengh now. i do
    bench presses
    shoulder presses
    pull ups
    squats
    step ups/lunges
    calf raises
    deadlifts
    squat jumps
    crunches
    leg rises

everything except last 3 i do for 6 reps.

so now i have some questions.

1.can do agility/quickness/plyos workouts other day from strengh training.i've read somewhere that its allright but i want to hear some more opinions.
    2.My diet is quite good now,but im getting calories to keep my weight.my body fat is ~10.so i have around 10 kilos of dead weight.should i lose it now drastically or slower.
    3.i plan do 3 strengh workouts per week for 1 more month than i am going to change it to dynamic lifting/olimpic.do you think its right?
    4.tell your opinion about my weekly routine.

Thanks for your time.i really appreciate it.
    That's 2 long you need to step up the intensity of your workouts because if you can last 2-3 hours of basketball drills your not going hard enough. For more advice
    5 Shooting Tips that will have you shooting the lights out
    check out my website stars shooting hoops.com for daily tips, tricks, motivation and video.