threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Tips for quitting booze cold turkey (srs)

I've been struggling with substance abuse for around ten years. I am able to hold a pretty good job ( not sure how) but it's killing my relationships with everyone im involved with, including family. I did not touch the stuff until the age of 25, and started using it as a social crutch due to severe anxiety. The problem is i now get blackout drunk and i am mean as hell when i do. I will get months into gettign in shape, then i will drink and eat while gaining back to around 205. I've sought help and nothing seems to work for me.
    *Gorilla Biscuits crew*

threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) threeoneg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I should add, I don't get withdrawl from stopping for a short while. It's mostly a weekend binge thing. I will get a pint on Friday and not sop until Sunday night.
    *Gorilla Biscuits crew*

CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50) CanadianEric will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a piece of paper. Find a pen. Now write:

"I'm DONE for the next month. I will not have a single drink for the next 30 days, period."

And carry that piece of paper with you everywhere you go. It will be a constant reminder that you made a promise to yourself -- and to go back on that promise would be the ultimate insult.

During those 30 days of sobriety, truly consider your life. Don't just sit around and watch TV. Get up early in the morning, go to a coffee shop, put in some earbuds and listen to whatever music relaxes you. Take your laptop or a pad of paper. Write... don't think, just write. Why do you feel the compulsion to drink? Why are you an anxious person? What are you doing with your life? Whatever comes to mind. What are some goals you want to work towards? How is the booze getting in the way of you achieving these goals?

At the end of the 30 days, you can have a drink again. That was the deal you made with yourself. But after contemplating your life, maybe you'll decide you don't want one after all.
    PATH OF IRON:
    "Inspiration for the Neo-Renaissance Weightlifter"

[pathofiron.net]

devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    read this thread. stop drinking. no one will stop you except for you. think about it while drinking later.

faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10) faken204 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I haven't drank since June.. I like the money to go towards something that will better myself and give me more gains (money for gym membership + protein + food).

Another good way is to make yourself a jar labeled donations. For every drink you take/buy, you have to put that exact amount into that Jar. So your drink will cost you x2 as much.. You'll realize that it's going to cost you a shiz load of money.

This is what I did with a buddy of mine to get into shape. If by x weeks he didn't lose x amount of weight.. he'd have to pay me $300.
    **Official Misc Photography Crew**

**Misc Cologne Crew**

packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000) packattack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    everything that reminds you of it must go. dont buy it, dont go out, dont do anything to make you think about it... even if it means staying away from people who enable you. drinking is socially acceptable, and that is what makes it difficult to stop. sounds gloomy but i did the same thing with smoking years ago and after 30 days i was pretty much done. i slowly weened myself back into my normal lifestyle and sure have had my slip ups but overall the progress has been amazing compared to what i once was.

rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rodrigo1188 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You have to cut out the people around you that make you like this. Start hanging out with people who do better things with their time.

Derrickduu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Derrickduu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Derrickduu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Derrickduu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Derrickduu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was addicted to prescription pain killers for a few years. When I was 18 years old fresh out of high school I needed a job. I didn't immediately start college, so I had to find a job. A friend of mine was in pharmacy, so he hooked me up with a job working there. This was right out of high school, and a few weeks after I had smoked weed for the first time. I couldn't believe what I had been missing. This is what DARE said was so bad?

The pot was fine, even though I was doing it daily, since it didn't necessarily interfere with my life. Then I started experimenting with more substances. First I tried ecstasy, then acid, and then I tried *******. I loved each and every one of them. It was around the time that I tried coke for the first time that I realized, holy ****, I work in a room full of drugs all day. What am I doing paying for stuff like this? So I started stealing pills. A lot.

I was having a bad day, and as I was counting the hydrocodone 10-500 pills I slipped a few into my pocket. Took them on the drive home and I felt fantastic. Super calm, and ready to relax at home. I couldn't believe this was something that I hadn't done before. So the next time I went in I took four pills. I wanted to get high, and not just kinda high for a few hours. I wanted to get really high for the day. I needed more and more to get the same effect. After about 3 weeks I spent a day without them. That's when I realized I was screwed. It didn't take long before I needed them for daily functioning. Months go by, and I'm up to 30 pills a day. By this time I've taken clonazepam, *****, ********, oxycodone, codeine, and everything in between. Anything that I was able to steal from the place I worked at.

It took 2 years of trying and failing to quit the drugs on my own for them to finally catch on. Over 10 thousand lost pills. In those last few months I was puking daily from the concoction of drugs I was on just to feel normal, and I went from 160 pounds to 120. They placed a spy camera in the bay where the hydrocodone was and they caught me in the act. One day they came in and called me to the office. The district manager sat me down and said to me, "so, how many pills do you have in your pocket right now?". I ended up signing a full confession right there. Which was stupid, I know, but I was high and couldn't really grasp what was happening. The police officer that came to arrest me didn't believe me when I told him I never sold any. Only because I was taking 40 a day, and he didn't think anyone could even survive taking that much hydro (with 325 apap a pill, I can't blame him). I was put in the cop car, and when I sat down in the seat he had the radio on. The song "One More Time" by Daft Punk was playing. I asked him to turn it up, so he did. What a fitting song to play for my last moments as a free man.

I spent the next 24 hours in a holding cell, lying down on the floor with handcuffs on my sides. I was withdrawing already, so it wasn't a good time. They finally got me in a cell block for addicts, and gave me some medication to ease the withdrawal. I spoke to my family every day, especially my mother. The jail really wasn't that bad, but I can't imagine what she was going through. I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get out of there, and even then I wasn't sure if it would be long before they sent me to prison. That's where I really did not want to end up. I spent my time in jail sleeping, and I lost my sense of time. What was really 5 days felt like a month, but they called me to roll up my bed. I did so and headed out of the cell block. They walked me to another holding cell. This was where those who were to be released were being held. No air conditioning, 20 x 20 ft room with a 5 x 5 bathroom. Filled with 20 or so guys waiting to get out. It smelled absolutely terrible in there. So bad that I was in the bathroom with a few other guys to escape the smell. After what felt like days, but was probably more likely a few hours, they called my name, gave me my possessions, and said "have a nice life".

I walked out of the building and it was raining. I turned on my phone, and it was 4 am. ****ty part of town at 4 am in the cold rain, withdrawing from opiates, but at least I was free. I called my family, and they picked me up. Everyone was extremely happy of course, and I spent the day with them. Turns out on a fluke the jail let me go. While they were changing my charges from misdemeanors to one felony. So my lawyer gave me a call and let me know the whole story. I had a few months before sentencing, and my maximum sentence for my crime would have been 10 years in prison. I didn't spend this time free wisely in retrospect, but I thought it was going to be my last few months of freedom. While I didn't go out and get high, I stayed at home and drank alcohol with my alcoholic of a brother. I drank quite often and for no reason at all. I realize now how much my mom hated it, but she didn't know how to deal with it I guess. Over the course of this I gained back up to 170. A bit pudgy, and I hated that too.

Time for the sentencing came, and I was able to stop drinking. My lawyer worked out a deal, and I was sentenced to no more than 5 years of probation. I felt like the luckiest man ever. I owed 10 thousand dollars in restitution, but at least I wasn't going to prison. That was 6 months ago.

I've spent the last 6 months completely sober. At first I thought to myself, "hey, once this probation is done I can drink again! I can even smoke sometimes! Just gonna have to wait this thing out". That attitude wouldn't get me through this, though. I had to take some time to figure things out with a clear mind. I started working out, looking for a job, eating right, and treating my body the way it's supposed to be treated. I finally got a job, and I've lost 22 pounds. Everyone comments on how great I'm doing, and how I'm a totally different person. That's exactly how I feel, like a new person. The most important thing is that I now realize what I have to do.

I can sit here and wish I had a drink with me. Maybe I could take pills again. This time I'll control myself, right? Well, at least after 5 years I'll be able to drink again. "It'll be fine." I can't afford to think like this.

Most people that drink or do drugs don't get a second chance like me. They **** up and it's for good. They die, or they go to prison. They **** up EVERYTHING, and I was on the verge of doing just that. I have to take this thing serious. I was given a second chance to do it right. YOU still have a chance, but you may not get a second chance.

You'll wake up one morning in a jail cell. ****, what did you do?
    You'll go to the doctor one day and he'll tell you that you need a new liver. ****, where's your life going now?

Do you care enough to change your future? I would do anything to take back what I did, but I can't. I have to live with it. Every day of my life I'll remember what I did to my family. I'll know that there are years of my life that I barely remember. The things that I said to people, and the things that I ignored. It's going to haunt me until the day I die. Even when this is all "over" it will still be there above my head. I ****ed up. BAD. I'm facing serious consequences. I can not **** this up. For me and my family.

Do you want to be the one typing out a story like this to some guy that asked how to quit drinking?

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by threeoneg View Post
    I've been struggling with substance abuse for around ten years. I am able to hold a pretty good job ( not sure how) but it's killing my relationships with everyone im involved with, including family. I did not touch the stuff until the age of 25, and started using it as a social crutch due to severe anxiety. The problem is i now get blackout drunk and i am mean as hell when i do. I will get months into gettign in shape, then i will drink and eat while gaining back to around 205. I've sought help and nothing seems to work for me.
    Go to treatment, if your a blackout drunk you should have medical care while sobering up. Participate in AA at treatment center, and after. Follow advice of people that are sober in AA. Reserve judgement of all the things you think are wrong with that plan until you are sober a year.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poolshark472 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just stop man.

i was the same way when i drank, constantly blacking out and becoming an irresponsible mess. then i fell at home early november of last year and fractured my skull. couldn't lift or do anything strenuous for a while. it's been over three months since i've had a drop and i can confidently say i don't think i'll ever have a drink again for the rest of my life. why do something that makes me feel lousy? better yet- why would i do something that could potentially cause me to fall again and maybe hurt myself worse? all it takes is a split second and then you're handicapped for life....a trip, a fall, a drunken sideways glance at some psychopath who then stabs you or swings at you with a bat. reckless activity will inevitably lead to disastrous consequences. you are a fool if you think you can continue to carry on like an idiot every weekend and remain invulnerable forever, because eventually your actions will catch up with you and you will have to answer for them. fracturing my skull was not a fun experience - i had serious fears that i'd have to spend the rest of my life with serious cognitive impairment....luckily my recovery has gone smoothly. you've tricked yourself into thinking you need it when in reality you are a lot better of living life with a clear frame of mind.
    Last edited by poolshark472; 02-10-2013 at 10:59 PM.

shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shanim1094 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You recognize your problem and that means you have power over it. CanadianEric had some very good advice. I found that when I drank a lot I would be less likely to do anything productive the next day and more likely to drink more the next day. Break the cycle, wake up early and do something whether it is sitting a coffee shop or getting some 5 AM cardio. If you feel you cannot do it by yourself, involve those around you into your pledge. Good luck!
    -Work in progress-

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had problems with drinking during 17-22. When I became serious about being healthy, I just stopped drinking cold turkey. Not for good, but take what I call breaks. I will not drink for 3 months and then I'll go out a couple weekends with friends and then I'll go back on that three month break. The first weekend or two is the only time I've ever felt a problem and that's because I wasn't going out with friends to bars. It's just getting used to either going to bars and not drinking or doing something else to fill your time on those weekend nights.

yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) yokeybear is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i havn't had a problem with drinking, but when i do drink i don't like to drink a little if you know what i mean. I've only got drunk once this year (since new years, and currently on a sober trip from booze and smoking pot. started on the 31st of january, and i feel amazing. been hitting the gym harder than ever. i hope you get through this OP. just imagine feeling the best you've felt after you stop this. all i do is WORK, GYM, EAT, SLEEP. its all i want to do right now. gettin shredded for summa time. good luck op

mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000) mrc19888 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I go to AA myself and I gotta tell you man I've never felt like I belonged anywhere more than there. Been sober for 10 months now brah. PM with how you're doing and good luck man
    I woke up this morning still breathing. Might as well take advantage of it.

Working every day to be just a little stronger, healthier, or smarter than yesterday.

mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mcord11758 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am afraid there is no fix all as we are all different. I was bordering on a problem with my drinking. I put my head down bit the bullet and stoped cold. If I ever got tempted I looked at my kids. Reminded myself of what's important. Allot if good suggestions here. I wish you all the best

Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wrench7 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I use to be a heavy drinker too but I started running and after seeing some quick and impressive improvments i started drinking less so i could run more and on this went till here i am now...Just fill your weekends with some busy stuff to do...stopping is all on you and reaching out for help will only get you just so much.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50) dbwade will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    15+ years alcohol abuse. Didn't start until about same age. Also to deal with anxiety. Quit about 8 years ago. Cold turkey. (after many days, weekly, months, years, of dumping 1/2 filled bottles of vodka down the drain every morning, only to stop at the liquor store on the way home that afternoon.....

Finally, I started feeling only marginally better when I drank and always sick the next day. Got to the point that I knew I really HAD to quit. I moved in with a girl who had 3 kids. For me, the responsiblity of taking care of her kids, ie- homework, dinner, rides, school functions, etc. helped me keep away from the alcohol. Luckily, it stuck even after we broke up. I actually don't even crave the alcohol anymore. So, there is hope. I didn't use a 12 step program or God to do it either. (which I am not knocking, for those who do). I wish you the best and if nothing else, I do understand what you are going through. It sucks, I know.
    I work the Healthcare industry; but most of my coworkers aren't Healthy and they don't Care.
    "Veni Vidi Vici" (I came, I saw, I conquered)

USAF (Ret)
    Fat (212lbs) to Fit (155lbs)

ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ascetic7 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you really want to stop drinking for good and permanently change your life, you will find a way. You must force yourself and be patient and never give up. Eventually, it will disappear from your mind completely and it will just be a thing of the past.

Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jstiger86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    change your lifestyle. you might also need to change your crowd of friends. you lay w/dogs, your gonna get fleas bro.