Gdav41 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gain muscle or lose fat? Help!

Hey guys,

I recently started to lift weights about 3 months ago, and have noticed great results in terms of size and strength. However, I am sitting at 260 pounds (6'4").
    From everything I have read, it is practically impossible to lose fat (by cardio and/or diet) and build muscle at the same time. As much as I would love to keep gaining muscle, I feel like I will eventually just be a solid mass figure, not neccesarily fit, like The Thing off of the Fantastic Four. However, if I start cardio and dieting, I feel like I will lose a ton of weight, but also lose what I have been working on for the past few months. People have been telling me to lose weight first and then lift, but with our horrible metabolism genes I feel I would just gain the weight right back.

Basically, I'm stuck in the middle and don't have a clear path yet. I would love to lose about 40 pounds, but at the same time I hate to lose what I have been practicing religiously for the past few months. Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks.

JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you lose 40 pounds you probably wont lose the muscle mass you have created in the past few months. Continue to lift with intensity and you might actually gain some more muscle while you are losing weight since you are still new to lifting.
    Your mind is your most powerful muscle. Use it to your advantage.