nniall1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is it better to nap or get pumped up?

Often I find myself feeling tired before a gym session and I always have to make the decision of whether to go to the gym whilst tired and risk underperforming or to get myself psyched up before I go by blasting some music taking some kre-alkalyn and smashing a red bull or would a better option be to take a nap and hit the gym later when I'm rested. Just wondering what works for all you guys....

Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mandesign has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nniall1991 View Post
    Often I find myself feeling tired before a gym session and I always have to make the decision of whether to go to the gym whilst tired and risk underperforming or to get myself psyched up before I go by blasting some music taking some kre-alkalyn and smashing a red bull or would a better option be to take a nap and hit the gym later when I'm rested. Just wondering what works for all you guys....
    Look into the "caffeine nap". You drink your red bull, coffee, etc. and then lay down for about 15 minutes. You wont actually go into a deep sleep and that's about how long the caffeine will take to start binding in the brain and when you get up you will feel "refreshed". Then go tear that **** up in the gym!

I do this when I am having a rough day and it works great.

nniall1991 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is top advice! I'll try this next time I'm having a hard time!

devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000) devinn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah just take a nap bro, the gym isnt going anywhere

lwjk12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would rest for 15-20 minutes and then take your pre-workout and/or redbull and hit the gym hard.

VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100) VegetarianBB is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Mandesign View Post
    Look into the "caffeine nap". You drink your red bull, coffee, etc. and then lay down for about 15 minutes. You wont actually go into a deep sleep and that's about how long the caffeine will take to start binding in the brain and when you get up you will feel "refreshed". Then go tear that **** up in the gym!

I do this when I am having a rough day and it works great.
    Soilid advice, Thanks going to try this myself.

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was taking naps last week but it really messed with my sleep schedule because I slept to long. Thinking I might try to Prewo then quick nap idea

Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Smoothmeduso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    An alternative is to set the reps of the body groups you are going to be sculpting. This way you can adjust the weight and rep range on how you feel. For an example bench press you set your reps at 10 for 225 pounds but there is no way in hell you will get 10 on a day like this you are too tired and under motivated. Here is what you can do go up 10 pounds on the weight 235 and lower your reps by 2-3, works for me but overall it is a mind thing. I you want to push yourself you will push yourself if you are tired or not(my philosophy probably the reason i am always in pain -.-).