Thread: Whey or normal?

JoeRDodd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey or normal?

Just purchased a lot of whey protein and normal protein( ultimate milk) what is the difference between the two , I'm wanting to bulk so which one should I opt for ? Thanks !

morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500) morningstaru is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bulking comes from your overall diet...not from a serving of a protein shake/milk.

What does your diet/cals look like?

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesn't really matter which one. Use either,both, or even neither to help you get your protein and macro needs for the day.

Originally Posted by morningstaru View Post
    Bulking comes from your overall diet...not from a serving of a protein shake/milk.

What does your diet/cals look like?
    I know that but if one has more cals in then that would make it better for me and I try taking in 2200 cals a day

muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) muscleshakes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JoeRDodd View Post
    I know that but if one has more cals in then that would make it better for me and I try taking in 2200 cals a day
    I laugh all the time when i open up these threads bc I know what propels response will b. they think people asking these questions are idiots and that they think supplements or protein powders wilson all the difference. Hell he asked a question which one would be better. We all know diet and regular food is best bla bla why the need to always answer with that?. Anyways I love a blend only protein powder I ever use is magnums Quattro. If you have to choose I would go with the one that you look forward to drinking as long as its a clean product.

BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetterThanLife is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you've already eaten 2200 calories for the day and hit your macro targets, you wouldn't need to use either product. Incorporate the shakes into your diet to help reach your daily requirements, so "better" would depend on the rest of your diet and whichever one fits into your ideal caloric intake. That's the same point that the first two responses were trying to get across.

Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dimaline312000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    I laugh all the time when i open up these threads bc I know what propels response will b. they think people asking these questions are idiots and that they think supplements or protein powders wilson all the difference. Hell he asked a question which one would be better. We all know diet and regular food is best bla bla why the need to always answer with that?. Anyways I love a blend only protein powder I ever use is magnums Quattro. If you have to choose I would go with the one that you look forward to drinking as long as its a clean product.
    I so have to agree with this I can't say how many times I've heard that when asking a simple question about Supps on here. Yeah we know that diet is going to contribute the most to your fitness goals but can't people just answer the question asked instead of always being educated. Yeah I encourage everyone to read all the stickes and get as much info from there as possible and only post the quesitons that aren't answered in the stickies but just answere the queston and leave it at that.
    Whatever the mind can Conceive and Believe the mind can Achieve. (Napoleon Hill)

Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!
    Go Grand Rapids Sled Wings!!!!

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Waitaminute,
    what is "normal" protein?

You talking about meat and such?

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    Waitaminute,
    what is "normal" protein?

You talking about meat and such?
    Please respond

Originally Posted by muscleshakes View Post
    Repped , I know , fair enough diet is one of the most important factors but that's not what I asked , Being a noob to supplements just wanted to make sure I'm taking the right thing ha , anyway , ill take that on board, thanks!

Originally Posted by Swamp Dog View Post
    Please respond
    I did put in brackets beside "normal protein" ultimate milk, so in response to your question, ultimate milk. I understand this is not the main source of protein but thought this would come off quite obviously seen as it is posted in the "supplements" section .

I did put in brackets beside "normal protein" ultimate milk, so in response to your question, ultimate milk. I understand this is not the main source of protein but thought this would come off quite obviously seen as it is posted in the "supplements" section .
    You might want to lose the attitude, I have simply never heard of ultimate milk and never heard anybody mention "normal" protein except for maybe meat and even then that would be odd.

Bitten by the 'Iron Bug' Rudice's Avatar
    Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice
    Just purchased a lot of whey protein and normal protein( ultimate milk) what is the difference between the two , I'm wanting to bulk so which one should I opt for ? Thanks !
    no such thing as normal protein. chances are your milk protein is is either whey or casien. The proteins in milk are 30% whey and 70% casein. it doesn't really matter which one you opt for but i'd go with the whey
    5x mod negged

Bench Press - 105kg
    Squat - 125kg
    Deadlift - 150kg

Bitten by the 'Iron Bug' Rudice's Avatar
    Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice Rudice
    and I try taking in 2200 cals a day
    are you cutting? eat moar. do you have a smart phone? download myfitnesspal, trust me
    5x mod negged

Bench Press - 105kg
    Squat - 125kg
    Deadlift - 150kg

Originally Posted by Rudice View Post
    are you cutting? eat moar. do you have a smart phone? download myfitnesspal, trust me
    downloaded this app a couple of days ago, love it ! and to gain a pound a week it says I need 2400 cals a day as I'm not tall, full determination to bulking now ! cheers for advice anyway

nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nickwannabe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well I would say that 2200-2400 cals sounds a bit low but well if your app tells you so

The thing with the protein is , people do think to much about the sources..
    In the end it is all protein, and all of the products have minimal differences

for example a Whey protein isolate will have lesser carbs and will digest more quickly, so it might be good for a cut or PWO with extra carbs
    A milk protein will digest a little bit slower and maybe your chosen product has more carbs

but from a distance nobody can tell you the details of your product without being familiar with it
    And in addition to this for a bulk the sources might be not as important

General rule:
    Post Workout -> fast digesting Protein + fast acting carbs
    Morning -> fast / medium Protein
    Bedtime -> slow Protein

At any other time of the day I would prefer a mixture , but anything will do the job !
    Please get friends with me on BodySpace / Follow my transformation

I wanna share as much knowledge / motivation / encouragement as possible
    Thank you for being there!

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Ultimate Milk is basically the same, except it has electrolytes.

Originally Posted by nickwannabe View Post
    Well I would say that 2200-2400 cals sounds a bit low but well if your app tells you so

The thing with the protein is , people do think to much about the sources..
    In the end it is all protein, and all of the products have minimal differences

for example a Whey protein isolate will have lesser carbs and will digest more quickly, so it might be good for a cut or PWO with extra carbs
    A milk protein will digest a little bit slower and maybe your chosen product has more carbs

but from a distance nobody can tell you the details of your product without being familiar with it
    And in addition to this for a bulk the sources might be not as important

General rule:
    Post Workout -> fast digesting Protein + fast acting carbs
    Morning -> fast / medium Protein
    Bedtime -> slow Protein

At any other time of the day I would prefer a mixture , but anything will do the job !
    Repped, thanks