Add5048 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help Preparing for Tough Mudder

Hi I am 6"1 and 215 Lbs. 24 years old. I have been lifting for about 5 years, but I have never taken my cardio to serious. I rarely do cardio or core workouts. I set a goal to take it more serious. To help with that goal I signed up for tough mudder in philly on June 1st. I want to incorporate some core and cardio workouts in to my usual lifting program. Below is my weekly schedule. I am just looking for things to add to my lifting program and a good program on my cardio and core workout days.

M-back/bis
    T- Chest/tris
    W - cardio/core
    R - Legs
    F - Shoulders/traps

Thank you

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you should get on a running program as running is the most important part of a tough mudder. I recommend doing a half marathon training program, you can find a ton of good ones on the internet. In addition to running 3-4x/week just keep lifting normally

Yes, i lift. Inb4 stats. iiradman's Avatar
    iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000) iiradman is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by wisdommaster1 View Post
    you should get on a running program as running is the most important part of a tough mudder. I recommend doing a half marathon training program, you can find a ton of good ones on the internet. In addition to running 3-4x/week just keep lifting normally
    This.

It takes around 4 hours to complete (the one here in Melbourne). Without cardio, you'll struggle to last 15 mins.
    Engineering Crew

Homo for iron (no homo)

JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My cardio sucks and I have done three of these.... I suggest you bring a friend who will motivate you and keep it fun. Stop and take some breaks, throw some mud at people, get some laughs out of it. My wife runs six miles a day and in the end we were both just as beat as one another. So even if you are in good shape it is still hard lol.
    Your mind is your most powerful muscle. Use it to your advantage.

Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000) Uzumati is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't need any preparation, I did it last year in October with a couple of friends and there are alot of parts that require strength too. Almost everyone there said they didn't even train so if you life you are already better than like half of them there. So just keep doing what you are doing BUT if you want to get your cardio up then yes start some running programs.

wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wisdommaster1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Uzumati View Post
    You don't need any preparation, I did it last year in October with a couple of friends and there are alot of parts that require strength too. Almost everyone there said they didn't even train so if you life you are already better than like half of them there. So just keep doing what you are doing BUT if you want to get your cardio up then yes start some running programs.
    I did one with a large group, some were well prepared and others were not prepared at all. The well prepared group finished in 2 hours while the people who didnt train took 4 hours and were sore for about a week

Fit4everDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing one in May. Looking forward to it. Gonna up my cardio a bit before.

Should be fun
    Fall down seven times - Stand up eight

fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10) fireballnurse is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm doing the one in July in buffalo any words of wisdom for female competitors?

Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stev05 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm doing one in September. I just plan on continuing my bulk until summer gets here and I'll throw in a little cardio with my cut to help lose fat and get ready for the race.
    "He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
    -Dr. Seuss

Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dsewell13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im doing october. I look at it like it is anything else. Train with intensity and prepare for the unexpected. But everyone finishes so its not like a race for your life. Work on your running, your upperbody strength and your explosiveness. You will be fine
    http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2012/fd/tokenspullups/sewell/

10,000 Pulls for 1000 Dollars for Young Adult Cancer survivors through the organization First Descents. Click the link and learn and hopefully donate.

Currently 1087 dollars raised and 5615 pull ups done in the last 26 days (October 16,2012)
    New goal of 1500

525+ 275 + 345 = 1145 total

thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50) thekow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I did it last year , as long as you can do a few pullups and run about 3km without stopping .. you will make it.

art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) art29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm doing the one in July in buffalo

cool

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm in for Boston June 1st.....stoked! Scared outta my mind though